Author Topic: My performance act idea  (Read 4615 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
My performance act idea
« on: August 17, 2010, 04:56:41 pm »
Hey their, So I would love to earn money with diabolo performances and a streetshow. But the thing with a performance is that you can't really ask 200 euro for standing 5 minutes on the stage doing some nice tricks. So in my opinion you have to make a show...
But making a show of like 15 - 20 min with just diabolo's is realy hard I think.

But I think that I have one talent that I could combine with my diabolo's. I'm always over enthousiastic, happy and I can talk alot.. Now over some years I've done some free performances and you notice that from the first time you step on the stage till every time on you dare more. Your tricks don't fail anymore and you dare to look at the audiance and play with them. Good example is Ben's performance at last years BJC :)

Now I wrote an act and I was wondering if its a good idea.
It goes something like this.

- Introduction
- Breaking the ice
- My diabolo's have been ( weggegoocheld )
At this part I want to say ''okay so now I'm actualy here to give you a diabolo show. But speaking of it.. Where are they?'' At this moment I want to act like someone is saying something true my ear or behind the screens and then I say ''What? You got to be kiding me right? So.. What do I do now? oh god.. '' And I'll say to the audiance that a few hours ago I was practicing here and I went to town and left my diabolo's on stage. And that their was a ( Magician?? ) ( dutch is goochelaar ) Who did a dissapearing act with a closet. And he needed something to dissapear so he took my diabolo's! But he forgot to appear them back..
- Brining them back
Now I want to have a reall disapearing closet and show the audiance its really empty and try to bring them back. But offcourse I can't do this cozz im not Hans Klok or any good magician.
- quick course of ( goochelen )
Here I was thinking of bringing something like a tv with a laptop or a computerscreen on stage and pretent that im trying to connect with a webcam to some magician. ( this could be me dressed up on a pre made video and we have a fake confersation so it looks real ) And this person teaches me how to do it. ) And then I really let them appear back.
- Freestyle routine of 5 min containing 1, 2, vertax and maybe 3 high.

Now the way I want to use to step out the box is to talk. Talk alot..
Íf I'm done I'll post a video on here in English to see if you like the way I bring it :)

Now this is it in big lines. I don't care if someone steals my idea cozz I can also look to an act an steal it and use it in my regio. But tell me what you think of it. And if the idea is good. On this way I'm filling up like 15 minutes before I start doing my diabolo routine.

Rickr

Re: My performance act idea
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:53:50 pm »
sounds cool :)

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:01:33 pm »

Now this is it in big lines. I don't care if someone steals my idea cozz I can also look to an act an steal it and use it in my regio.
That sounds like one of the worst philosophies to create an act with...
Alex abuses flys!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »
That sounds like one of the worst philosophies to create an act with...
Oh that wasn't ment like I would do that lol. It was more that I posted a streetshow idea last and Duncan said I posted it on open internet and that people can steal it. But people can always steal idea's. So I don't care if I post a good idea here :)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:06 am »
Anyone? :(

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 09:22:04 am »

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 06:37:03 pm »

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:10 pm »
So isn't this perfect for my idea?

Perhaps you could explain why.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:54 pm »
Perhaps you could explain why.

Before I start my diabolo routine of 5 minutes I want to entertain the audiance for about 15 minutes. I want to start with introducing myself and breaking the ice.

Then I want to say I'm here to do a diabolo show. But the problem is my diabolo's are gone. I come to the conclusion that their was a magician before me who did a dissapearing act. And he used my diabolo's wich where on stage cozz i practice but left to town. So he used this mirror box. It's stll standing here so I bring it on stage and open it but yea its empty..

My next problem is I can't do magician so I have to learn it? Then I want to do something with videocalling ( pre made ) and learn it from a magician or something.

Anyways in the end I can do it myself and get them back. And i appear 3 diabolo's back and then I start my act.

This way I can fill up 20 minutes entertaining on a nice way with my diabolo's. Instead of going on stage doing a 5 min show and walk off.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 10:50:06 am »
Now I don't want to spoil anything here, but there are things you should check out before putting your money on a box like that. I've done magic longer than diabolo. You shouldn't worry about how you can learn the magic trick like that. It will be quite easy and there will be instructions how to do and present it.

The thing that you need to worry about is the trick itself. In this case i understand you are trying to make a street show act where audience would be around you and at your level. Now you would want to make sure nobody can see from the sides when diabolos appear from the box since there's a chance of exposing the trick. But apart from that this method would be the easiest for you and most likely the best for you. Just please never again say aloud word "mirror box". Using it you're basically destroying what you want to build ;)

Please read this paragraph with thought! Now I hope you haven't used your money on that box. Because of the way it works you won't be able to fit full sized (Finesse, Circus etc.) diabolos in it. They just won't fit, it will be bloody miracle if you can fit in even one. If you're using Jazz or smaller diabolos you might get lucky and be able to put two in. Before buying ask and make sure there's enough space in it. I was searching a way to appear diabolos on stage for three years (quite a lazy search but still) and did not find any cheap and useful boxes for more than one diabolo. Now I've been appearing my diabolos on stage for a while with a different method and equipment I made myself with few euros since 2009 FDC gala show. When looking trick where you can appear more diabolos you will need bigger box or different method.  So make sure you ask help from magician(s) before buying anything. I don't want you to spend all your money into something which doesn't work.

In short, magictricks aren't hard you'll learn technique easily. Harder part will be to act natural and entertaining on stage. And more hard will be to find the trick, method and equipment. You're on right track with the trick, but need a bigger box (which might not be cheap).
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»