Author Topic: Mister Babache string  (Read 22068 times)

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: Mister Babache string
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »
That's a point - I'd forgotten to even consider that there is Sundia string.   Sounds a much better idea to give that a go!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2009, 12:11:21 am »
The Sundia string (thin) is somewhere between the Henry's and Mr B in both thickness and playability -  I find plays OK - better than M B but I prefer the old H myself (the Sundia thick stuff is horrid unless you have bearings - then it becomes a revelation - really usefull)

But now that they (MR B & H) have changed it all, I don't know where I stand any longer

to make matter worse (for me) Sundia have a new thinner string that I have yet to try!!
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 11:20:12 pm »
Finally got around to giving the new MB string a try. Boy, it sure is stretchy. We're talking 1.5 inches (~4cm) of easy to create stretch for a typical length of string. It creates a very distinct feeling when diaboloing. It's kind of like diaboloing with a silencer. You don't feel all the little vibrations and hard points - everything is smooth and dampened. Of course, what you gain in smoothness, you lose in precise control. I haven't made my verdict yet, but I can see why people's opinions are going to be diametrically opposed on this one. This string is unlike anything else. Pretty sure I'll be back to my Henrys string soon. The new MB stretchiness does give it a bit of a sloppy feeling.

I'm really loving the yellow/orange string that comes only on new Henrys sticks. Not sure if it feels different but it sure looks cooler than any other string. Let's hope they start selling this by the roll.

wgm

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 01:56:32 am »
I had some green string last year. I think it was Henry's. Do they still make that?

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 10:05:27 am »
henrys still make green string but its now flecked.

seán_

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 10:18:52 am »

I'm really loving the yellow/orange string that comes only on new Henrys sticks. Not sure if it feels different but it sure looks cooler than any other string. Let's hope they start selling this by the roll.
The way I heard it that comes with new sticks only, no plan to release.
I haven't tried the new babache string or had much to do with the new Henrys, I seem to have a lot of the old style Henrys yellow to get through first :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 12:10:09 am »
I'll admit, after using the new MB string for a couple weeks, it's growing on me. I just switched it for a piece of the original pink MB string and I miss the stretchiness. It's weird at first, but once you get used to it it has a beautiful soft silent feeling to it. An advantage is that it's the only string (other than white strings) that is absolutely perfect when it's brand new. The downside is that it quickly loses that new feeling and goes downhill fast. It doesn't age as gracefully as the old MB or Henrys string. It tends to get hard spots on it, feel uneven, and wrap up easily. If I used this string all the time I'd go through a lot of string.I particularly like it for high patterns. The elasticity really makes my pattern relaxed and solid.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2009, 02:26:23 pm »
still the best for slack simple. its nice and heavy with little stiffness, however it dose need to be changed allllllllll the time to keep this feeling! still lthe best though, im thinking about feeding my first child nothing but mr MB string for the first year!

mofro

(shame they stoped making it really  :'()
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

diabolobarber

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 01:36:11 pm »
i was just goin through my draws . and guess what i found ! a 25 metre roll of the old MB yellow string . gonna be fun for the next month or so !!!!!!!!

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »
I've been using the new MB string for some time... it's crap. Don't think I'll ever use the whole 25 meters, I'd rather just throw it away.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

GuiZ

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 07:09:23 pm »
really??wow..i thought MB was like henrys..
i used it only once..
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:56 pm »
Don't think I'll ever use the whole 25 meters, I'd rather just throw it away.
Mail it to me. :) Kind of serious actually... although the shipping costs alone might not make it worth while.

I'm actually starting to like it, although it does have a ridiculously short useable lifespan.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 12:53:07 pm »
Mail it to me. :) Kind of serious actually... although the shipping costs alone might not make it worth while.

How about I save the string for you for the next time you visit The Netherlands ;)

seán_

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 12:41:01 am »
I had a little chat with Mr B and it appears they changed because they had a request from some diaboloists for softer string that would make diaboloing for longer times easier on the wirists (or something like that).

He did mention that if (enough) people asked for the old stuff they would  consider selling both types.

Martijn

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009, 12:54:09 am »
He did mention that if (enough) people asked for the old stuff they would  consider selling both types.
Awesome!! We should make a petition :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 01:46:35 am »
can't believe its not butter

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
I just ''revisited'' the new MB string because I was at my parents, while all my Henry's string was still in my room in Amsterdam. The situation forced me to this act of pure self-frustration. Oh boy, this string is even crappier than I thought it was. 15 minutes after putting on some new string I had my first wrap up (during a simple acceleration). After about 45 minutes the wrap ups became totally random and even dangerous. I can see myself breaking a finger or two if I this string any longer. The string provides 0% confidence because of its random behavior, where it should be serving as a confidence enforcing ''element''. (I mean, you use the gear you use because it gives you confidence to be awesome, right?!).

Just some random frustration. If the dead punishment were to be reintroduced in The Netherlands, they should use MB string to hang the suckers. That would be the ultimate act of cruelty.

gravity

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30:47 am »
i think that there needs to be a lot more research into diabolo string because i used loads of different string but for me its any Mr b yellow string is fine i love'em both. but henry's an mr b just die so quick i find they all go black in like a day two at the most. i reckon if they did that dark snagging line in a bright colour that would be the ****!
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2010, 01:59:23 pm »
You realize if they made a string that lasted forever (or at least months at a time), you wouldn't be buying copious amounts of string anymore.  What do you think that would do to their sales?  Do you really think they'll research string that will last forever when they have a revenue source that keeps coming back to them?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2010, 02:49:19 pm »
Ah yes, but then they could charge $100/m (and nobody would buy it).