Author Topic: Mister Babache string  (Read 22079 times)

seán_

Re: Mister Babache string
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 08:05:04 pm »
I think I mentioned this before, Mr B said they changed to the new softer string because they had a request(s) by a/some* diaboloist. The reasoning behind it as far as I can gather is that softer string meant that person could play for longer without tiring.
To be fair  to Mr B. it was mentioned that if there were requests for the old string they'd look into selling it again wether that would mean 2 versions of the string at one time or a return to the old I don't know.

Personally I wasn't a great fan of the old string but I prefer it to the new stuff.

*dunno if it was one or several diaboloists.

gravity

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »
You realize if they made a string that lasted forever (or at least months at a time), you wouldn't be buying copious amounts of string anymore.  What do you think that would do to their sales?  Do you really think they'll research string that will last forever when they have a revenue source that keeps coming back to them?

yo that's a good point an very true. just saying that it would be nice if you could get some string that holds that sweet nice slick feeling for more then a couple of hours or a change every couple of days. especially as i only have one change of string left for a month harsh times!
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 01:40:59 pm »
Sounds like you have more of a problem with humidity killing your string quickly.

With Mr. Babasche string,  you really won't have that slick feeling at all.  That stuff is grippy right from the get go. 

If you're wanting some stuff that stays somewhat slick (and even then, if you're outside in a humid climate, you're doomed anyway), then Henry's string is still pretty good.

I've not tried Sundia stuff at all, so I can't say anything for that kind.  I think Nev's posted something about it earlier in this thread, though.

Edit:
The Sundia string (thin) is somewhere between the Henry's and Mr B in both thickness and playability -  I find plays OK - better than M B but I prefer the old H myself (the Sundia thick stuff is horrid unless you have bearings - then it becomes a revelation - really usefull)

But now that they (MR B & H) have changed it all, I don't know where I stand any longer

to make matter worse (for me) Sundia have a new thinner string that I have yet to try!!

gravity

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 04:10:33 pm »
 I might try the Harry's yellow next time i bye some give that a go. cheers

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 06:10:28 pm »
I might try the Harry's yellow next time i bye some give that a go. cheers
hahah are you a troll?
It's Henry's Yellow

gravity

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 09:27:05 am »
oi dont i keep doing that  :embarassed: only because i bean mr b all the way untill taibolo

Jatz

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »
I just wanted to tell, that MB Babache changed his string again last year and now it's very similar to the old one.
Not stretchy at all, with a core and for me perfect from the beginning, even if it doesn't last very long.

Unfortunately I didn't have any old string left to compare it to this one, so I don't know how big the difference is.