Author Topic: iPhone optimized version of Diabolo.ca  (Read 10531 times)

Sean

• Administrator
iPhone optimized version of Diabolo.ca
« on: September 20, 2010, 05:11:27 am »
I've set up an iPhone optimized version of the forum using the Tapatalk framework. There are two apps available:

The free but read-only version: "Tapatalk RO - Forum App"

The non-free version that you can also post from: "Tapatalk - Forum App"

With either, you'll find the forum by searching for "Diabolo.ca". You'll want to sign in with your forum username and password to access all the features.

More information:
http://www.tapatalk.com/

If people like it then I'll be sure to keep it around as I update the forum software over time. Haven't tested it that much myself yet. Let me know what you think.

The blurb from the Tapatalk creators:
---
Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

<There were Android images too, which I have cut for the sake of brevity.>

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: iPhone optimized version of Diabolo.ca
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:43:27 am »
Seems to be just the thing i was hoping for. ;) I'll try the readonly first.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:06:10 pm »
Awesome! Just downloaded it, it looks good :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:31:39 am »
first impressions are good its just a shame the full version is not free as i think it would limit the amount of downloads. i haven't bought the full app but the read only works great except for one thing: no off topic section? is that something that can be rectified or due to the limitations on this forum for the off topic section is it not going to appear on the app?

many thanks Sean and great work!! diabolo would not be the same without this site!
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:16 pm »
except for one thing: no off topic section? is that something that can be rectified or due to the limitations on this forum for the off topic section is it not going to appear on the app?
Even after you sign in? The off-topic section isn't public, so it won't show up unless you sign in (and have contributed a VotW and/or donated).

I haven't bought the app either. Still playing with the read-only one. I wouldn't buy it yet anyways unless you want it for other purposes. Can't guarantee we'll stay with this platform forever. Nonetheless, that depends on people's feedback, so do let me know what you think after you've tried it for a while.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:25 pm »
sorry sean i was being stupid i have it now.

ill put it in here as it has to do with iphones but when i use the d.ca favicon i have to sign in every time i open it. tapatalk is all good but you have to pay. is it possible that the forum could be altered so that it multitasks on the iphone. (you know that bar at the bottom in the new software?

thanks

dave

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 05:41:00 pm »
Tapatalk has a free version. The main difference is you can't post from it.

ill put it in here as it has to do with iphones but when i use the d.ca favicon i have to sign in every time i open it.
That shouldn't happen assuming you have your Safari settings set to accept cookies and you make sure the drop-down menu beside the login is set to "forever".

is it possible that the forum could be altered so that it multitasks on the iphone. (you know that bar at the bottom in the new software?
All the home screen icon is is a bookmark to a Safari page, so it already multitasks.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:23 pm »
a ha ha cookies you say!!!!! works perfectly now thanks!!!!

(Bow to the mighty sean of diabolo.ca)

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:17:00 am »
So it's been a while but I have this login problem again. Im having to log in every time I come to the forum. I have the settings to accept cookies and the drop down set to forever. Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave

Icebox

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »
So it's been a while but I have this login problem again. Im having to log in every time I come to the forum. I have the settings to accept cookies and the drop down set to forever. Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
me too.... getting tired of it

Toddyupa

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:03 pm »
And whast happened to Tapatalk RO Free version? I can't find it anywhere on my touch's App Store.
pretentious 12 year old

The Void

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 01:21:06 pm »
Im having to log in every time I come to the forum. I have the settings to accept cookies and the drop down set to forever. Any ideas?

This is a known issue, due to attacks on the forum. Please be patient until Sean has the time to fix it.

The Void
Flume!
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

seán_

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:07 pm »
Sean Is dealing with a relocation atm so maybe not in the best position to look into this issue right now

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 05:39:05 pm »
Yes, I'm aware of the issue and will get it fixed shortly. If you've been logged out it means a bot has tried to figure out your password but failed enough times to be locked out. This would be a good time to encourage anyone with weak passwords to change them right now! They should have letters, numbers, and symbols, and be reasonably long (say at least 7 characters). If you don't already use one, a password manager is a wonderful thing. 1Password for OS X is great or Lastpass or something else. Google it.

Unfortunately the fix includes a full upgrade to the forum software (actually 2 upgrades) plus a patch, so it's no small task. I just got home Internet installed again yesterday, so I'll get on this soon.

Thanks for pointing it out and thanks for your patience!

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »
sorry had no idea it had been raised before. :)

thankyou again sean for making this forum possible and keeping our details safe!!!!

much love

dave

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 04:45:09 am »
I upgraded to Release Candidate 4 and added all the security patches. Please let me know if anything isn't working the way you think it should!

I didn't upgrade to the recently released RC 5 because some of the main modification packages we rely on aren't updated for it yet.

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:13 pm »
how can i download it for android?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 01:14:42 am »
http://tapatalk.com/mobile.php#android

Although it looks like they've removed their free version.

I'd much rather go this route:
http://smf-media.com/smf4mobile/
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=8826.0
if there were at least a couple other people willing to go in with me and split the cost. It's $20 total. That's $20/year if you want continued updates. We might not need that every year.

You can test it out by going here:
http://smf-media.com/community/index.php
on an iPhone or Android phone.

So, maybe if 4 of us put in $5 each? Anyone? I'm in. I'd be more apt to just buy it myself if I wasn't already losing money on the hosting.

Or does anyone particularly like the Tapatalk setup? I think we can have both.

M4U

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 09:00:23 am »
Since a few days i can‘t login or acces to the forum using tapatalk on a android device. It keep saying “connect to server….“ but nothing happen

The Void

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 02:06:55 am »
Me too. Tapatalk went free a few days ago. Perhaps something to do with that? *shrug*
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees