Author Topic: 2d whip catch  (Read 2088 times)

maxmaestro

2d whip catch
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:22:33 pm »
i was wondering weather its possible to throw 2d up at the same time and whip catch both with the same whip? then preferably return into shuffle without a hugh knot :-D !

thank yous

maxmaestro

Re: 2d whip catch
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 04:26:54 pm »
i got the idea from ken but i've never actually seen him do it succesfully

syyyr

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:11:05 pm »
My friend "does" (he still cant do it perfect) one. He throws one diabolo and then he swings the other like when you do in 1d. Guess you can do that

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:12:01 pm »
I heard about a spanish guy who did it,but i'm not sure.
i've train this sometimes

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 05:51:44 pm »
I've done a few rounds of one-handed 2 high with continous shoulderwhips/backhandwhips into shuffle (just stop whipping and catch the last one one-handed). Dunno if that counts? Catching two at the same time with a one-handed shoulderwhip I would say is close to impossible because the gap in the string disappears as soon as you catch one (so they would have to be on the exact same height + be caught at the same time with a really slow whip that doesn't "connect" with one earlier and then you have to start the shuffle ofcourse). A normal whip would mean you'd have to reverse the direction for the shuffle again with very little speed so that would probably be even harder. One-handed the closest you can get seems like multiplexthrow with wide separation, whip the lowest one and catch the other one-handed in the same swing...but that's not really whipping both at the same time.

A two-handed overhand whip into shuffle might work (maybe from a multiplexthrow?) and would be cool if it did. The diabolos would have to be really close to eachother though or you would probably need a really long string + be spot on.

maxmaestro

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:56:01 pm »
cool im gonna try a two handed whip. but when i was trying one handed i was finding it really hard to release both diabolos at the same time in a controlled manner  :'( any advice on good controlled  multiplex releases?

thanks

Hector 641

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:19 am »
i try 2d whips sometimes and can do them pretty solid nowadays but i found out that itlooks more like you whip one of the 2 diabolos and the other one just falls almost at the same time on the string as the the whipped one. But maybe you can reduce that small time period in which the second diabolo falls on the string so it's a "real" 2d whip....

i think i'm going to give it a got

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 12:40:25 pm »
i did it a few times, but mostly luck ;)