Author Topic: 2010 Collaboration Video: Call for Videos by Nov. 30th  (Read 15910 times)

Sean

• Administrator
2010 Collaboration Video: Call for Videos by Nov. 30th
« on: October 21, 2010, 05:21:29 pm »
The 2010 Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video is going to happen!

This year there will also be a form of collaboration in the editing, but we're going to keep the editing format a surprise.

Upload your clips somewhere and send us a link. E.g. http://mediafire.com/ or use the public folder in your Dropbox. If you want to use Dropbox and don't already have it (it's great), here's a shameless plug that gets us both a little extra space: sign up with this link.

Email a link to your video to collab2010 "at" diabolo.ca

Rename files with your name and location.
E.g. sean-halifax-canada.mov

If submitting multiple clips then number them as appropriate.

In your email include:
-The file link
-Repeat your name and location as you'd like them included
-Your forum username if you have one
-If you know anything about the format of your video clip, please include it. This might include the resolution, interlacing (or lack thereof), and video codec used.

This is going to be a fast submission process. Send your clips by the end of November. That means you only have 5 weeks to film and submit.

When you film:
Think about interesting camera angles and camera motion. This can add substantially to your clip.

Likewise, the choice of location and background is important. Make it interesting!

Keep clothing in mind. Make sure you can see the diabolos clearly on the background and your clothing.

The video resolution should be high definition (720 pixels wide or above) if at all possible.

Please send the clip in its native format as you get it off your camera. I.e. don't compress it.

Questions? Post here.

Please don't talk about your specific clips here or release your clip anywhere on the internet until after the collaboration video is released. It ruins the surprise for everyone.

Now get filming!

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: 2010 Collaboration Video: Call for Videos by Nov. 30th
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:10:45 pm »
Guess it would be a good idea to make a theme. Like something with business, or whatever you like. Could be a funny addition to the collab. Perhaps everybody wear a tuxedo or something like That. Just my random thoughts
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:06:52 pm »
i like tippers idea, with the tuxedo, maybe something like an "business collab", with the whole hd thing and so...

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:43:06 pm »
Yeah maybe... maybe not though?
Alex abuses flys!

wgm

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:05:42 pm »
maybe something much cheaper than a tuxedo

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:55:04 pm »
I kinda suggest the theme would be "D.CA goes green" with every clip having nature in it. Film in front of a tree, on a field, anything you want. Guess most people would be able to go into a green area and film.

Spat from the randomness of my brain.
-Tipper

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »
I say lets not put any barriers on peoples creativity by having to label things with a theme. That way people come up with what they want (which is as creatively important as the tricks) and don't just feel they have to be confined within a pre set topic. Not that the theme has really taken much precedence in the past...
Alex abuses flys!

Toddyupa

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:19:45 am »
I was thinking that people could send in a cli of them simply saying 'diabolo Dot "C" "A" ' in front of the camera and the start of the collab could start with all (or some) of those clips. DIabolo dot ca, DIabolo dot ca, Diabolo dot c a...

Random idea I had that WON'T cost heaps like a tux and WON'T be harder depending where you live and ISN'T compulsery, unlike tipper... ;)

Anyway I can't wait!! Will put in a trick or two :)
pretentious 12 year old

zaximax

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:48:09 am »
I think I had some stuff never released on the internet but I don't have HD video camera :(
next year I maybe get one...

-zx

Toddyupa

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 09:23:02 am »
zaximax, you don't NEED HD. It just helps :)
pretentious 12 year old

Martijn

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42:20 am »
I wouldn't worry about the theme too much. It shows of great dedication that we're all still keen to make a 5th collab this year, even though we're not 'on schedule' like previous years.

If you would like to use some sort of theme to inspire your submission on, I guess "5" would be an obvious, yet useful suggestion :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Tipper

• VotW Contributor

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 10:51:21 am »
i like todyupas idea, like here, about 1:38

Rickr

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 01:14:03 pm »
I wouldn't worry about the theme too much. It shows of great dedication that we're all still keen to make a 5th collab this year, even though we're not 'on schedule' like previous years.

If you would like to use some sort of theme to inspire your submission on, I guess "5" would be an obvious, yet useful suggestion :)
collab full of 5d stuff ::)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 01:24:37 pm »
What if we say the "Diabolo" "C" "A" or the "5" in our own language? good way show much variety we've got in the forum
Rooted diabolist.

The Void

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 01:52:19 pm »
Please don't talk about your specific clips here or release your clip anywhere on the internet until after the collaboration video is released. It ruins the surprise for everyone.

Please re-read the above. If you've got ideas.... that's great - so put them in your clip, and shut up about them.
Thanks.

The Void
Enthusiastic grump
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Toddyupa

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12:58 pm »
Please re-read the above. If you've got ideas.... that's great - so put them in your clip, and shut up about them.
Thanks.

Void: They are talking about ideas that will only really work if everyone knows about it. They want heaps of D.CA at the start and if they don't mention it they could be the only one that actually sends in that clip.

I think that instead of talking about our own clips, we are really talking about ways to make this collab more unique and even more awesome than ever. I think we can allow for a bit of this talk, Yeah?

Anyway, Editors or Sean, if you are reading, please give us your thoughts on the D.CA or "5" idea.
pretentious 12 year old

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 05:57:16 am »
As Tijn and Hath, and regarding the short timelines we got, I think not focusing on a theme will make you guys win a precious time for the shootings. Though, having a theme could be something interesting for next years collabs, in case we really have time to set up a larger schedule which would allow us to discuss it efficiently (I actually do like your Green idea Tipper!).
For this year, I'd say this "5" thing for the 5th bday could be a conductor line for those who want, but again no obligation in order not to enhance creativity.

jordak

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 08:56:32 pm »
How long should a submission be? I don't think that I have any novel tricks to share so is that likely to be cut?
Diabolo may be very technical - but don't overlook the artistic side ;-)

Catjar

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 01:00:26 am »
who's editing this? maybe it says up there but I am a busy busy guy and illiterate.
also, this:
I was thinking that people could send in a cli of them simply saying 'diabolo Dot "C" "A" ' in front of the camera and the start of the collab could start with all (or some) of those clips.
would be lame.personal opinion...
the two openings from the last two collabs were much more creative and less time consuming.