Author Topic: Best Diabolo DVD for Learning New Tricks?  (Read 1830 times)

canaydemir

Best Diabolo DVD for Learning New Tricks?
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:03:39 am »
Hey everyone!

My name is Can, and  I'm pretty new to diaboloing. I've been doing it for a month or so, and I can only do high throws, some simple grinds, cradles, suicides etc.

I was doing some shopping on Henrys website for new strings and decided to buy a DVD to learn new tricks. There's: Diabology, Diaboliczna Mytologia and Kid Diabolo :)

Which one do you think is the best? I know that Diabology is very popular but Diaboliczna Mytologia has also some good comments here...

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: Best Diabolo DVD for Learning New Tricks?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:17:34 pm »
Hi and welcome, Can.
I have only seen two of the three DVDs you've mentioned (so I can't help with determining whether Diaboliczna Mytologia is better or worse than the others), and between Diabology and Kid Diabolo, Kid Diabolo is probably closer to the level you're currently at. But I bought Diabology when I was first starting and it was a very valuable resource long afterwards (occasionally I'll still pop it into my dvd player). That said, I'd say Diabology, which has many tutorials ranging from 1-3 diabolos will probably serve you best in the long run, as Kid Diabolo provides introductions to the tricks you have mentioned as being capable of, but does not have the lengthy inspirational section that Diabology includes (Kid Diabolo does have freestyle sections with Donald Grant, Bruce Willson and Jochen Schell, mind you).

So, between Kid Diabolo and Diabology, I would say Diabology. Perhaps someone else can fill in for describing Diaboliczna Mytologia.

Edit: after watching the trailer for DM, it looks like its the German version of Diabology. Replace the Mad French Posse with the current German crew, and there you go. Probably a good choice if you're looking to see what the more current tricks are looking like.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:03:10 pm »
Diabology Hands Down!
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Arthur

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »
Once you've masterd the tricks of http://www.diabolotricks.com/, many of diabology's tricks will be your level. I haven't seen the other 2, but diabology is certainly a good choice