Author Topic: Switching cups  (Read 2313 times)

Wigg wigg

Switching cups
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »
Hey I was wondering how to switch cups on Finesse G4? I know it can be done  but how? I just did't want to waste a super diabolo.

So any ideas or "how to's" would be great!!!

:D
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: Switching cups
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:57:12 pm »
Er, which bit are you stuck on?  I must have missed the difficult bit!

Fashoomp

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »
I switched my finesse G4 cups awhile back, and just switched them back to the originals the other day. Apparently not all colours can be switched, and I have no idea the logic behind it, but its true. I have a white one and an orange one, and they're very slightly wobbily when the cups are switched. I thought they were wobbily because of just excessive use, but when I switched them back, they spin very smoothly.

If you want to give it a try, you need an alan key/hexwrench. I'm not sure the exact size, but if you buy a kit, or bring your diabolo to a hardware store, you can find the right one. One of the diabolo cups has a long screw, and the other one has a nut that the screw goes into. Make sure you're not trying to put the 2 screw ends together, or the 2 nut ends together. Take them apart completely, but keep them seperate, and just switch the matching pieces from the cup you want to switch.

Hope this helps.

Wigg wigg

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:35:16 am »
I'll do that sounds easyer than I thought :D
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Jolley18

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 11:53:29 pm »
I switched my finesse G4 cups awhile back, and just switched them back to the originals the other day. Apparently not all colours can be switched, and I have no idea the logic behind it, but its true. I have a white one and an orange one, and they're very slightly wobbily when the cups are switched. I thought they were wobbily because of just excessive use, but when I switched them back, they spin very smoothly.

I haven't ever tried to switch the cups so its one colour on one side and another on the other side, but i do know that my dark blue G3 weighs a little bit more than my UV reactant G3. I came to the decision that it had something to do with the dies or coloring of the cups, but that is purely a theory. could explain wobbling between white and orange though, darker colours, possibly heavier dies.

Wigg wigg

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:29:20 pm »
I have now switched the cups on my Finesse G4s (red & yellow so that it's one on each side)!!!!

AND IT LOOKS AWSOME!!!

I'll maybe post a picture later today or maybe tomorrow, c u then :D

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »
I have now switched the cups on my Finesse G4s (red & yellow so that it's one on each side)!!!!

AND IT LOOKS AWSOME!!!

who should want to see it?
everybody knows how it would look like?!

Fashoomp

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 04:18:09 am »

AND IT LOOKS AWSOME!!!

It's not wobbily at all?

Wigg wigg

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 08:04:10 am »
I don't notice it and it dosn't look like it's wobbiling. So red and yellow must roughly weigh the same.