Author Topic: Weird Habits  (Read 12429 times)

Wigg wigg

Weird Habits
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:27:02 pm »
Hey every body!!

I watched a show Yesterday that was about weird things you do on a dailybasis, so it got me thinking : "What do the people of Diabolo.ca do on a daily basis (with their diabolo's of course) that other people might not"

So just write down what you do with your diabolo that others might not.

To get you started:

I always need to have a Diabolo in my school bag (or any bag) where ever I go, even if I know I won't have the opportunity to use it. Like at the weekend I had to go to Hospital (long story cut short: I hurt my finger and it could have been broken but it isn't) but still had abit of hope that I could earn abit of money on the Highstreet that day.
I just don't fell properly prepared without one!!!
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Rickr

Re: Weird Habits
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:07:38 pm »
Uum, i diabolo the most when it's dark outside:P and i don't even have lightkits!

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:50:32 pm »
Whenever i drop a diabolo, i do a stick-twirl  8)
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

traPACK

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 07:16:10 pm »
Whenever i drop a diabolo, i do a stick-twirl  8)

Me too  8)
For downloading from youtube use programm called jdownloader. It's freeware, just google it up.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 07:57:32 pm »
I do sometimes drink from my diabolo cups. In some festivals you might not have proper cups but you always have your diabolo...   ::)
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

syyyr

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:24:13 pm »
When I ctach something (like diabolo or stick) I turn around (pirouette) :D
And when I screw a minigeno (or something with holding the string) I swing it around and then let go of it and catch stick (maybe a piroutte then) :DD
and before I always started 1st the green diabolo, then the white

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 10:11:46 pm »
I don't recommend drinking from diabolos. It makes your shoes disappear.

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 12:43:23 am »
i do the stick twirl thing and also when i used finesse if i ever did 2D it always had to be the orange and green diabolos that i used together or red and orange never green and red for some reason.   :)

Wis

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:04:40 am »
When I train 3d the green diabolo has to be the third one, if not I can do it, but I don't feel comfortable.
Needed to train high.
When I am training alone in the street I do the trick that I want to improve. When somebody pass I do tricks to impress him/her.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Rapido

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 11:20:30 am »
everytime i start playing diabolo with the blue one. its not my favourite color. just a habit.
when i play 2 or 3 diabolos an crash them and one left on the string i make a nonsense move with one diabolo. so sometimes something cracy will happen. ^^

Audible Dodo

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »
I was thinking that I ain't got any weird habits, apart from being addicted to diaboloing.
Last night I realised, everytime I drop the diabolo I stick out my foot to stop it from bouncing/rolling away (which sometimes hurts as I practise mostly indoors  bare footed) and if I miss with my foot or end up kicking it further I throw my right stick up 360 and catch.

jordak

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 07:29:10 pm »
I was thinking that I ain't got any weird habits, apart from being addicted to diaboloing.
Last night I realised, everytime I drop the diabolo I stick out my foot to stop it from bouncing/rolling away (which sometimes hurts as I practise mostly indoors  bare footed) and if I miss with my foot or end up kicking it further I throw my right stick up 360 and catch.
I also do this. When I do it barefoot with my Chinese yo-yo it really hurts but if it falls full speed on the floor it's really loud.
Diabolo may be very technical - but don't overlook the artistic side ;-)

gummibollen

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 04:12:20 pm »
If I drop one diabolo while doing 2d I always start doing infinite suicide for some reason

Mr.D

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 08:49:17 am »
I'm also a guy doing stick twirls. I also have to end every practice session with some successful tricks and/or combos, or else I just feel like the session was incomplete and a waste. And once I drop a diab while 2d I always do a genocide-to-magicknot-to-whipcatch-combo with the one left on the string...
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Fashoomp

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »
I completely over emphasize my open orbits to make it look like it's the coolest trick ever.

I carry a hexwrench in my wallet with me everywhere I go, even if I don't have my diabolo with me. When I first started out and my cups would loosen, I couldn't use the diabolo until I got back home and tightened them.

If people are around when I change the string, I make it look like it's a very precise process that's difficult to do.

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 10:42:31 pm »
When I am training alone in the street I do the trick that I want to improve. When somebody pass I do tricks to impress him/her.
i guess everyone do that!  :-D

Icebox

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 04:51:39 am »
Whenever I do an overwhip, I put my index finger into the loop, alongside the stick. No idea why, it just makes the overwhip more consistent.

zaximax

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 09:55:51 am »
i do the stick twirl thing
Uum, i diabolo the most when it's dark outside:P and i don't even have lightkits!

I do exactly the same :D

D-Man

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 10:55:39 pm »
When doing infinite suicides i always find it the perfect time to adjust my pants!!!!!

Nick Beyer

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 02:42:48 am »
When ever I get pissed at the diabolo, I fling it as high as I can. I would not recommend this, as I have once gotten a diabolo stuck 2 storys up wedged in a gutter. And my new Sundia smashed into the concreat, and was scratched. I once oiled my string with hair conitioner, but thats not really a habit, just weird.
"Death Grind Suicide"
"Nice Chinese Yo-Yo";"Thanks"- In head - "ARGGGG! IT'S A DIABOLO!"

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »
If people are around when I change the string, I make it look like it's a very precise process that's difficult to do.
Lol. I can relate to that one  :P

Cand1ez

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 07:40:43 pm »
If my 3D isnt working i start using them as cigar boxes.
Dave: "Candles, you light up my life"
Funty: "I thought you'd be more Gangster"

Folkert

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 07:45:40 pm »
I don't like my friends knowing i diabolo - it's not really a habit but it is still pretty weird

OkbaACA

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 08:34:31 pm »
1. When i almost land a hard trick and the two diabolos get tangled up, i ALWAYS throw the diabolos and handsticks in the air and collapse on the ground. I know wierd, but its true.
2. When I do 2d, i never use my blue sun, i only use my purple and green one.
3. When i get new diabolos, the first thing i do is switch the cups around or switch the hubs.
4. I hate diaboloing in public, unless im doing shows.
5. I have three sticks (mb extremes, henry's carbons, and henry's aluminum), but i always use my carbons for shows for good luck.
Youtube: OkbaACA

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »
Non of those habits are weird?
Alex abuses flys!

Rickr

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 03:17:38 pm »
I don't like my friends knowing i diabolo - it's not really a habit but it is still pretty weird
Same here...

Changsta

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
I whip the air really hard... if that makes sense haha

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »
If I practice where there's lots of non-jugglers around I look really angry/focused and curse a lot and loudly when missing. I don't do this because I'm unhappy or need to concentrate (actually I'm usually in a very good mood and sing along to music when I practice alone) but it's sort of a reflex to make people stay away from you so as to avoid questions like "are you trying to be a clown?".

I don't walk around asking footballplayers heading a ball if they're trying to be sealions...

rochdalejak

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 04:07:09 pm »
I don't walk around asking footballplayers heading a ball if they're trying to be sealions...
LOL
jak 8)
:) yep thats me

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:56 pm »

lolololol
Sorry for my awful posts years ago. I was even more anal and un-self-aware than i am now.

sokkerking12345

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 07:05:39 am »
I always practice on my driveway facing the street. It feels weird if I face away from the street, because then there are people walking behind me, and I can't tell if their watching me or not. XD
"A good genocide is always the answer."

batel56

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 11:51:50 am »
mind if i use this?
diabolo - trust us.  it isn't a cult

SebiHausi

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:46 pm »
whenever i am really proud that i just landed that one messy 3d trick i go into high, dont know why, kinda weird.

sokkerking12345

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
After I get a string break I start whipping things. XD
"A good genocide is always the answer."

doctordee

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 09:01:50 am »
Even though, I have only been practicing for a short while, after reading this topic, I realised I have picked up habits already
1. Always carry my diabolo, even to work and to places I know I wont be able to use it.
2. If someone is watching me practice, for some stupid reason, I start with the hardest or newest trick I have learn't and I nearly always fail doing.
3. If practicing by myself or other people around me, if I drop the diabolo, I put the sticks together and whip a figure 8 in front of me, for no reason what so ever.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »
mind if i use this?

Ah missed this but for what (would be fun to know)? Whatever it is go right ahead it's a sharing forum ;).

wxyzsupermod

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:34 pm »
whenever the string gets twisted i just start swinging the diabolo around in circles

Gabbathehut

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »
I don't neccesarily have to have my diabolo on me, but I always have juggling gear on me. I find that my hands actually itch for juggling.

Yes I know, I am strange.

Circuspaul

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:13 pm »
When I drop I have to sacrifice a horse. Weird I know.
Paul Incredible: E:- info@paulincredible.com
M:- 07748957564- W:- www.paulincredible.com

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:54 pm »
Before I diabolo I always do an odd number of deep squats.

I'm averaging about 723, This is cutting into my practice time but I have the glutes of zeus.

YANG2

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 02:55:58 pm »
Whenever i drop the diabolo while practicing 3d, it tends to roll behind me and I would stop it with my left crossed behind my right foot.
I played beer pong with my diabolos once.
My friend was doing an infinite suicide once when he received a phone call; he picked it up with his left hand and started talking on the phone while doing the infinite suicides, hung up and tuck it back into his pocket.