Author Topic: Diaboloing + 2 sets of sticks. >:)  (Read 2788 times)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Diaboloing + 2 sets of sticks. >:)
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:27:30 pm »
Ok, well I was diabololing a little while ago, when all of a sudden my dastardly mind came up with the idea of using two sets of handsticks. I tried it out... didnt work thought, i wasnt skilled enough. But hopefully in a few years I will have mastered this technique of the 4 handstick style. Im just wondering, has anyone ever used two sets of handsticks at the same time? Is this a whole new generation to diaboloing maybe? Is this even possible with the right skill level? Lets talk about it here.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 11:37:17 pm »
I've played with self starting two diabolos in each hand a little bit, using a pair of sticks in each hand.  I've had the four going, but only for a very short time.  If memory serves, there were some pics of Ryo Yabe managing that quite a lot better than me at the WJasonF convention last year.  The biggest problem is coping with the width of two shuffles!

Or another alternative is a Dave Kelly trick - using one pair of sticks with a string at each end, he can get two going on the front string and one on the back, then he gets a cascade effect by throwing one of the front diabolos onto the back string, then the back one to the front string, etc.  I really need to get that filmed for the forum some time!

GbH

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 11:38:09 pm »
I don't think I ever used two sets, but I did once have a set-up where I used two strings on a single pair of sticks.  One string was in the usual end-to-end position, whereas the other went from the middle of one stick, accross to the middle of the other.  Yes, they were extra-long wooden sticks, rather than the little metal/carbon things people use today.

Although it was an interesting thing to try - and there certainly were some new tricks that came of it - I ultimately found that it messed up my technique with standard sticks too much, so I stopped doing it.

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diaboloing + 2 sets of sticks. >:)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 09:42:07 am »
i can start 2 infinite suicides at same time (one system each hand) and keep a while them running.. i tried tricks (like changing hands) but i found it too hard and get bored.. :)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 12:59:11 pm »
I wondered about one pair of sticks and two bits of string a while ago but then reasoned that you wouldn't be able to do backwraps if you have a diabolo on each string.  If string was at the ends, then you could do a bw and a fw I guess.  Guess this would be a similar deal with two sets of sticks.  Could be interesting though, start off with each set across like normal and then move into one pair in each hand...

Chiok
(I saw Ryo do it in the video Norbi made of the WJF)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

seán_

Re: Diaboloing + 2 sets of sticks. >:)
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 01:03:45 pm »
Quote from: Kapis
i can start 2 infinite suicides at same time (one system each hand) and keep a while them running.. i tried tricks (like changing hands) but i found it too hard and get bored.. :)

Luke Burrage did this during his act at EPCC. I dont know if he has any further moves.