Author Topic: Southern Fried Diabolo video  (Read 2955 times)

tomangleberger

• Donator
Southern Fried Diabolo video
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:36:35 am »
Well, I had to do something with that innertube vertax footage, so I've put it together with a few other bits of my hillybilly diabolo antics for a high-speed fiddle-powered short video.

I wanted to give you all a taste of life here in the South, where diaboloists are rarer than hen's teeth.

I can't claim that the tricks are super hard, but I think I can guarantee you'll see a few things you've haven't seen before. (And may never wish to see again.)

For one thing you'll see my new tools for using large loop diabolo. Made 'em myself down in the woodshop.

And I think this may be the first ever goat appearance in a diabolo video. (No goat jokes, please. This is a very special goat.)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:00:20 am »
i liked it. the frame rate was horrible (i was trying so hard to understand that 2D combo but it was too choppy!) but it was still good to watch. keep spreading the good word of diabolo...

Hershey

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 04:46:51 am »
Great video with lots of variety.  What kid of unicycle was that?

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:12:21 am »
Sorry about the frame rate, etc...

The 2d combo was the Barnsey U-throw thrown behind the back. Since shooting the video I have lost the ability to do it!

EDIT>>
I posted a somewhat better clip of just that trick here:
http://www.cecebell.com/chickenguy/btb4.mov

Quote from: Hershey
What kid of unicycle was that?

That was a skatebike, actually. MUCH easier to ride than a unicycle. One bicycle wheel in back and skateboard trucks in the front. A lot of fun. My favorite mode of transportation.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 12:04:31 pm »
Thanks - I for one really enjoyed that. - Those were some enthusiastic kids there & I liked the 2 loop - nice idea.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

jacky

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 05:59:30 pm »
that was a danger stunt,if is me i think my diabolo will drop into the water and i will be crying for that.i like that video very much it's seems very fun.

relic

Re: Southern Fried Diabolo video
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 10:56:30 pm »
That is a great video, one of the best fun diabolo vids I've seen, made me laugh anyway