Author Topic: Ryo Yabe WJF Profile Video  (Read 21507 times)

Andy S

Ryo Yabe WJF Profile Video
« on: August 04, 2005, 02:41:18 pm »
Just thought I'd let everyone know.  Awesome WJF footage.  

http://thewjf.com/yabe2005.html

mod edit: here's a direct link: http://thewjf.com/video/RYOYABE.mov

-Andy

Will^

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 02:54:49 pm »
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Love that 2 High with bounces :D

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 03:26:53 pm »
Wow, thanks for sharing that. He's just... mad! I love his work :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

diabololi

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 04:52:38 pm »
Wow that was amazing! Everything there was so smooth.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 04:57:10 pm »
Great stuff.  The more I work on 3, the more impressed I am by how good he is!

Spooned

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 05:55:44 pm »
That 2 start was awesome: whiped duicide -> BTB -> sun to front.  :shock:
Diabolo or Diablo

Jonnyh

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 06:48:08 pm »
It also makes me think how good Antonins performance must have been to beat that! I haven't seen any footage of it though... They're both diabolo legends.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 07:41:44 pm »
Quote from: Jonnyh
It also makes me think how good Antonins performance must have been to beat that! I haven't seen any footage of it though... They're both diabolo legends.
I was just thinking that must have been his practise run to not have done better than he did.  I think he wore a black shirt in competition.  If you do a search for "Trash Vegas Montage" or something similar, Trash made a montage when in Vegas (*shock*).  It has some of the WJF diabolo stuff that he was able to sneak out from under Jason's nose.

Some awesome tricks though, I agree that duicide BTB start was gnarly.  The double pirouette under 3 was smooth too.  And I love how BTB high throws make you look like you're trying to limbo.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 08:34:22 pm »
yup, all nuts. I am pretty sure he wore that costume in the comps aswell, i think there is some comp footage in there actually. But hats off to him for all that, i actually missed his exhibition becuase i was having lunch with... someone  :wink:  So i'm glad to see the highlights there.

Shame he didnt film any practise footage for it, like his 3 clips on his site.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 11:51:17 pm »
Quote from: Spooned
That 2 start was awesome: whiped duicide -> BTB -> sun to front.  :shock:

From the kajillion videos I've watched, this trick might just be the greatest.

This seems like one of those tricks that a mortal might hope (perhaps eternally) to land once in practice, but only the preternaturally burly would attempt in front of an audience, much less in a world class competition. And only a resident of, say, Asgard or Olympus could land with that much style.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 12:51:23 am »
it wasnt in competition, very little of that footage was, almost none infact. But yes, i agree with the rest, especially style, no-one touches Ryo on that front.

Jonnyh

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 12:58:00 am »
Does he do lessons? :P

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 01:06:23 am »
:shock: Now that was amazing. How many years has he been diaboloing?
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

nezzybaby

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 12:45:57 pm »
sorry for doing this, but i cant download any of the videos without an alternate link... and can only run .mov files with vlc player so they dont open for me:

http://thewjf.com/video/WES.mov
http://thewjf.com/video/NORBI.mov
http://thewjf.com/video/vova.mov

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 12:52:31 pm »
hey thanx Nez, that means a suprising amount

nezzybaby

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 01:31:56 pm »
nice video norbi shame about the lack of diabolos though... also is that wes the same one that posts here, i dont think it is, as our wes would definately be showing his diabolo stuff off. Vova is gonna take a few world records for club endurance soon im sure, he is by far the greatest club juggler around.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 01:38:32 pm »
Quote from: nezzybaby
nice video norbi shame about the lack of diabolos though (1)... also is that wes the same one that posts here, i dont think it is, as our wes would definately be showing his diabolo stuff off (2). Vova is gonna take a few world records for club endurance soon im sure, he is by far the greatest club juggler around (3).

1) yeah sorry about that, but diabolo didnt seem to fit the feel of the video, so i left it all out.

2) No, he is an american, Juniors champ, awesome juggler and only 14, a lickle too much repetition in his vid for my liking though.

3) Are you forgetting Gatto? By FAR the greatest club juggler around. Vova's 6 clubs is about 250 catches and Gatto's is 4min40, Vova's 7 clubs is around 150 catches, Gatto is touching 3 minutes. Gatto's 5 clubs is 45 minutes (although Thomas holds it with 53 minutes) and Vova thinks that its just dumb to juggle for that long. Not mentioning 8 clubs, which Gatto holds at 12 catches and has for 14 years.

Just a thought, or 2

Jonnyh

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 05:08:45 pm »
lol, that reminds me... have you seen Jason's video of 'Tricks that Anthony (gatto) can't do'? Very amusing... (Link below)

http://www.jasongarfield.com/video_clips.html

(this link will take you to the page. you'll see the video further down on the page)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 11:27:07 pm »
Ooo, just a lil in bad taste.  But non-diabolo related.  So bad boy!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 06:48:32 am »
norbi, im playing the devil's advocate here, but how does endurance juggling make someone a better juggler?

let's say i could do 3d low longer than Ryo, Tony, or Trash. does that make me a better diaboloist? if i could somehow hold 10 diabolos for 10 catches, does that make me a better diaboloist than JiBe or Priam?

Jason's videos are pretty funny, and they kind of prove a good point, dont you think? i mean, im not saying i completely agree with Jason. I dont think anyone can say who the "best" juggler of anything in the world is.

still, since Gatto wont compete, we'll never know eh? they should have HORSE but for juggling...