Author Topic: Ryo Yabe WJF Profile Video  (Read 21851 times)

Mattias

Ryo Yabe WJF Profile Video
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 09:28:18 am »
I think there are to many aspects to call anyone "the greatest", numbers, orginallity, difficulty of tricks, and how three club tricks compare to 5 club ones and so on.

But I would gladly call you the greatest diaboloist matt_ if you did 10 :P Any day of the week.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 10:18:21 am »
haha, even if somehow i did 10d for 10 catches i wouldnt be anywhere near as great as any of those people i mentioned...my point was (and is) that style and originality are more important than sheer number of things juggled.

it makes sense, right? certainly, doing 8 clubs, 6 diabolos, 12 balls is something to be proud of. but i dont think that fact alone would establish anyone as "the best".

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 02:38:50 pm »
the sentence i was commenting on was "Vova is gonna take a few world records for club endurance soon im sure, he is by far the greatest club juggler around"
So you see, i was pointing out that Vova isnt going to get any endurance records soon becuase the true greatest juggler holds them at a ridiculous level. I'm not saying endurance is better than tricks (like i said, Tony has a better 4 high than Ryo, but Ryo is the better diabolist [in my eyes]) BUT in this argument, where the greatest and world record endurance runs are put side-by-side, my comment was perfectly valid. was it not?

nezzybaby

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2005, 02:50:17 pm »
i stand by my statement... how olds vova 17 maybe as old as 19, cant be much more... how old was gatto when he took all the endurance records. Vova is the greatest juggler around going off the fact he won practically everything at last years WJF, including 5 club endurance. Also with his sister they have ALL the passing records for numbers and endurance. But also his 5 club routine appears to me to be far more difficult than gattos routine. The point was one day he will be the best maybe not today but hes still young and still learning.

iHelix

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2005, 05:16:49 pm »
i dont think it can ever be said who is the best at juggling, be it in a prop or overall.  Unless there is someone who can do every trick ever done, and do them best , No one is the singluar best juggler.  It all comes down to preference in the end.  

Thats just my humble opinion on the subject.

AsIm

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 05:22:37 pm »
The guys a legend. Hes really awesome
But most people on this forum are also legends :D
Id say nobody could be the best in the world, it depends on what the audiance is in to.
But as far as skill goes, hes one of the best along with a few others.
Yes i am a Goth :)

Jonnyh

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2005, 10:49:55 pm »
Sorry for promoting non-diabolo videos, but it was amusing. If Antonin did one entitled "Tricks that Ryo can't do," i would prefer it, although it would probably be pretty short.

iHelix

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 11:31:26 pm »
yeah, probably

Arjan

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 11:38:06 pm »
It makes no sense to make such a video, especially with diabolo, everyone has his/her base skills and his/her style. Based upon these 2 thing he or she can learn new tricks to add to that style. Ow and there is also such a thing as intrest in certain tricks or new theories.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 11:46:45 pm »
Quote from: nezzybaby
i stand by my statement...(1) how olds vova 17 maybe as old as 19, cant be much more... how old was gatto when he took all the endurance records. (2)Vova is the greatest juggler around going off the fact he won practically everything at last years WJF, including 5 club endurance. (3) Also with his sister they have ALL the passing records for numbers and endurance. (4)But also his 5 club routine appears to me to be far more difficult than gattos routine. (5)The point was one day he will be the best maybe not today but hes still young and still learning.

(1) Vova is 17, and Gatto took the records all this year (except 8 clubs, which is 14 years old now, but i dunno if Vova will be doing that soon [but who knows])

(2) Interesting, so now WJF rules the juggling world? Hmmm. So he won the 5 club endurance, it wasnt as long as Gatto's 45 minutes, or Tom's 53 minutes.

(3) 'ALL' being half? They hold 10, 11 and 12, but not 9, 13 or 14.

(4) Could be becuase Gatto performs for people that don't care, Vova's mission at WJF was to impress people that do. I'm sure if Gatto had the motivation or reason too do a purely tech routine he would whup Vova's ass. Gatto is creative aswell. If you prefere 720s then yes Vova will win.

(5) Yes, i agree.

There's my 2 quid.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2005, 03:39:25 am »
Quote from: Jonnyh
If Antonin did one entitled "Tricks that Ryo can't do," i would prefer it, although it would probably be pretty short.

It would break my heart if the great diabolists began behaving as badly, egomaniacally and negatively as the numbers jugglers do. I just can't imagine it.

iHelix

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 04:22:41 am »
there is no doubt that jason is a badass juggler.....definately one of the best in my opinion, but he seems like a very petty person.  If he is so sure he is the greatest, then why does he need to tell it to everyone?

Someone I respect very much once told me: "If you have to tell people your cool, then your not, because if you truly are, then they can tell for themselves."  and I think this holds here.

*On a side note though, Im not going to lie....I watched both videos and thought they were hysterical.

Jonnyh

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 01:52:00 pm »
It would break my heart if the great diabolists began behaving as badly, egomaniacally and negatively as the numbers jugglers do. I just can't imagine it.

I think Jason only meant it as a joke.

Martijn

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2005, 02:09:38 pm »
Yes, but it's a rather cruel joke, don't you think? He's just a funny jerk in my opinion :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Jonnyh

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2005, 05:12:47 pm »
lol, ok. Lets drop the juggling topic now (sorry for encouraging it), this is Ryo's thread...

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2005, 05:55:41 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Yes, but it's a rather cruel joke, don't you think? He's just a funny jerk in my opinion :P

i know, i think it's hilarious....i want to meet this guy he has my style  8)

Jonnyh: i guess you're right, but still, it made a good discussion eh? :D

iHelix

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2005, 06:48:11 pm »
Although I love juggling, and talking about it, I will bring this back to Ryo's video.  I really love the dual duicide behind the back catch throw into two thing.   Its amazing!

Martijn

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2005, 08:50:37 pm »
I love how smooth that Fan to anti suicide goes. So natural, he's awesome.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Eduardo

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2005, 10:04:50 pm »
If you want to discuss about Jason and Anthony, please go to rec.juggling, there are TONS of posts about their fight, and all... no need to spam this DIABOLO forum with more of that "whos the greatest juggler" crap

my 2 cents

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2005, 10:39:32 pm »
I agree, it's such a shame that technical juggling has seen some dark days and I'm glad that diabolo has remained such a positive and respectful area.  It's great when diabolists and jugglers get together and trickswap etc. making it really enjoyable and sociable.  I don't think too many diabolists have the stigma of always wanting to show that they're the best but always have time to help others and just chill out!

Yeah, diabolists are the coolest, and a pox on anyone who says it's not real juggling!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills