Author Topic: sundia LED kits  (Read 1991 times)

wasold1

sundia LED kits
« on: February 09, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
I have 2 sundia shinning diabolo's and want to fit LED kits to them, has anyone done this?
i am slightly concerned because i have to tighten the nuts seriously tight to stop the cups coming loose! im worried that either i will break the light kits when tightening them or i wont be able to tighten them enough?
plus has anyone else had issues with loose cups on sundia's?
many thanks, wasold1

Chibz0r

Re: sundia LED kits
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:28:01 pm »
Hi Wasold1

I have 2 sundia shinnings too  :-D, i brought my LED kits from http://diabologalaxy.com/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=70

It is harder to tighten up the LED kits than the usual nuts, but once they are tight the cups seem to stay pretty tight too. All in all well worth buying, they look really great in the dark!

Chibz0r

Arthur

Re: sundia LED kits
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »
I have done this (the red-green LED's, not the rainbows unfortunately), and the system works just fine. The main downside is that the diabolo becomes incredibly heavy, and that most of the weight is in the centre of the cups, and not on the edges. This makes it unstable and annoying to use in my opinion.

I don't want to discourage you to buy the led kits, but I want to prepare you for a possible disapointment. There are several things which made the purchase for me a waste of money.
First of all it looks dull when you only have the diabolo illuminated. If you do all your incredibly difficult tricks which use the sticks while the diabolo stays in place (infinite suicide for example), it will look simply dull because the diabolo with lights doesn't move. Thats why I bought the sundia led sticks, to make it more fun. They work, but barely. They don't give much light, and they're not good in use (which counts for most led-sticks).
This combination makes it look pretty nice, I have to agree to that, but there's just 1 more thing: They eat batteries for breakfast.
All in all it costed me more than 100 euro's for 1 shining diabolo, 1 led-kit (1 for each side) the sticks and batteries. And all this for only mediocre amounts of fun, because it got boring quite fast.

It's not that they're an absolute waste, but I want to save you the dissapointment I had.