Author Topic: New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)  (Read 77054 times)

Martijn

New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)
« on: November 22, 2004, 05:19:27 pm »
Quote from: Sean
-Other news: Babache will release some new handsticks for Chistmas which will be aluminum but similar to the handsticks they were showing at EJC that were see-through.

Hey, can anybody give me some more information about the new aluminium (or see-trough :?: ) MB handsticks? My Henrys alu sticks are curved, bended... so I'm looking for some new sticks as well. Maybe the new MB sticks are better then Henry's alu...?

I've seen the see-trough sticks on a picture at: http://www.shiltons.com/images/EJC2004/Resize%20of%20Rotation%20of%20IMG_8854.jpg
Antonin (that's Antonin, right?) is holding them... they look really cool, what are they made of? Are they strong? So many questions :!:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sean

• Administrator
Re: New handsticks MB
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 05:25:13 pm »
Yes those are the prototype of the new sticks and yes that is Antonin. I have no idea what those sticks are made of. The final version of the sticks is made of aluminum. I have no idea how they compare to the Henry's version. Hopefully I'll get to try some out at the WJF - I think Priam has a set from the factory - hopefully he'll bring them. I'll report back to you. ;)

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 05:27:34 pm »
Okay, thanks!  :D

seán_

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 05:35:42 pm »
cant help on the MB sticks but the see through ones are possibly acrylic.

http://www.akrobat.net/shop/ sells some see through sticks in UV colours (german site easy enough to get around, they also sell replacement wide axle kits fo henrys) They look a bit hefty.

Seán_

Priam

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 06:58:37 pm »
The see-trough sticks have 3 main features :
- the material is flexible
- the knot is free inside the end piece, so the string can turn on itself
- the iron end pieces are screwable, so if you have many of them, you can prepare a good string without the sticks, and change it in 6 seconds :-). My girlfriend has her (short) string with 2 end pieces, she can use the sticks as soon as I don't use them.

We (TMFP) told Mister Babache that these sticks are really nice for 1 diabolo, but for 2 and 3, the flexibility is not nice (you lost some touch feeling), so, because MB want us to be satisfied, he changed the material.
I have now for 1 month the same sticks (the same end pieces) in aluminium, and I am glad to say that there are the best sticks I ever used.
What I have is just a prototype, I don't know when it will released.

Priam

(PS : I hope you can understand my english)

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 12:36:23 am »
Priam, thank you for all the helpful information.  We can understand your English perfectly.  Again, my apologies for forgetting my high school French (Japanese is like a computer virus--wiped out every other language in my brain).  

We look forward to seeing your sticks in Vegas!  =)
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 01:09:05 am »
Yes, thank you for the information, Priam. Your English is very well written and easily understandable. Even if it wasn't, I'm sure people wouldn't mind!

Sorry that my French isn't all that great now either. I took French in school for 13 years with 3 of those years in French immersion, but that was a while ago now and it seems to be wearing off. I understand written and spoken French very well but I can't write it or speak it myself that well anymore. :roll:

Can't wait to see your sticks at the WJF... and your finesses... and I guess we're pretty happy to see you again too. ;)

Sean

kragen

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 01:08:56 am »
a quick question then... currently I have wooden and alu sticks, im thinking of getting either some carbon fibre or glass fibre sticks with the next order, which would be better for doing 2 diiabolo, if its the alu sticks then what preferences to people have wihen doing 1 diabolo :P

I've been messing with a friends glass fibre sticks and i really like them, (no idea about doing 2 with then though), but I havnt had a chance to play with carbon fibre sticks but I know the only difference is the material.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Martijn

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 02:00:49 pm »
Hey,

Does someone know when the new MB alu sticks finally are going to be released? I'd love to try and buy them!

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 06:39:51 pm »
When the Babache website went live again I emailed them with that very question. Unfortuately no reply received so far.
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

seán_

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 10:30:28 pm »
I heard the acrylics (which I havent heard much about and are of no real interest to me, I want the ally ones) will be out in the summer, so I guess then for the ally ones as well.

Martijn

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 08:38:03 am »
summer!! *sigh*... they said (a long long time ago) they would be out with christmas 2004 :roll:

Well, we just have to w8 again.. I'm going to buy both sticks I think. The see-trough (acrylic) sticks look awesome! but the alu sticks are stronger. :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 09:03:42 am »
Yes, the acrylic sticks are very soft and bendable- not something most people would want to diabolo with. As I understood it, those acrylic sticks were only a failed prototype of the current aluminum version. I didn't think they were going to be mass produced and sold.

Last I heard Babache was going to make the aluminum sticks available to vendors sometime around the end of February.

Hmmm... that would be right about now... interesting.  :?

Martijn

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 09:13:42 am »
Quote from: Priam
We (TMFP) told Mister Babache that these sticks are really nice for 1 diabolo, but for 2 and 3, the flexibility is not nice (you lost some touch feeling), so, because MB want us to be satisfied, he changed the material.
I have now for 1 month the same sticks (the same end pieces) in aluminium, and I am glad to say that there are the best sticks I ever used.
What I have is just a prototype, I don't know when it will released.

I think you've read it there Sean :wink:

Antonin, Eric and others from the MFP which were in Ypres, were using alu sticks different from the Henry's alu, so those must be the MB ones..?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 03:57:32 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I think you've read it there Sean

No, I've actually tried them out myself at the WJF (well not while diaboloing... but I've had them in my hands... they feel like rubber). Yes, Antonin, Eric, and others are using the babache aluminum sticks. The acrylic sticks are a different design - not just the material is different.

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 05:41:57 pm »
Received a reply from Babache. They say that the sticks will be available March/April.

(They didn't mention which year though  :wink: )
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2005, 05:53:21 pm »
Quote from: ronnie2tone
Received a reply from Babache. They say that the sticks will be available March/April.

(They didn't mention which year though  :wink: )

Hahaha :P

But hey, that's great news! :D

Martijn

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 02:52:46 pm »
I e-mailed MB, and they said to me the new alu sticks are going to be released: End of april -beginning of may. I REALLY HOPE SO! :twisted:

I really want those sticks! :)

Ed

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 04:59:20 pm »
Any news on the new range of "Energy" and "X-Treme" Handsticks, perhaps price?

Ed

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 05:21:40 pm »
Martijn wrote:

I e-mailed MB, and they said to me the new alu sticks are going to be released: End of april -beginning of may.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that this year?
Butter fingers claim the new MB sticks ("Energy" and "X-Treme")Won't be out untill summer 2005.