Author Topic: New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)  (Read 90076 times)

nev

• Donator
New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2006, 11:23:41 pm »
Here a pic of a solution - some threaded 8mm aluminium bar resin bonded into the stick (about 25-30mm long) with 10mm sticking out to screw on the ends does the trick nicely.  Adds about 1 gram per stick over the nylon inserts but is MUCH stronger - you can use steel threaded rod instead but this will add about 10 grams per stick (which makes them feel heavy & unbalanced to me)

I do like the extreme sicks and they are great before they break or once they are fixed but they really shouldnt break in the first place.  I was going to say it has put me off Mr Babache products but thinking about it, I'm glad for the inovation and new product design  they provide, which can only be a good thing for diabolo, but for gods sake, do some product testing before releasing your products to the general public.  It shoudnt be up to us to find how to reslove a design fault.

(Just my MB rant)

Edit - oh crumbs I should of resized that photo - sorry

Edit2 - done
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Martijn

« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2006, 07:39:47 am »
Yeah, Sean also made a few of those, and he was kind enough to send me a pair of threaded aluminium thingies :) I only have to buy a pair of good Xtreme sticks now... anyone know where I can get the 'newer/g2' version of the sticks (beside that German website)?

Arjan

« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2006, 08:28:07 am »
Quote from: Monregi

I think it´s just money, Mi$ter babache saw a gold mine when he released Diabology, and after that, they released g2, the sticks........It´s marketing, they used the Mad French Posse[or the Mad french posse used us?(i´m afraid about this last one)] to make money, and we bite the hook.

Mister Babache used the Mad French Posse defenitly for marketing and promoting their product.

But where would TMFP been now without Diabology?

trash

« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2006, 10:47:54 am »
We didn't make a lot of money with Diabology (we lost more than we win in fact...at least me...)
But it's our Idea to make this video and it's our idea to talk business with Mister Babache (because we knew that it would be easily available everywhere). If Mister Babache didn't wanted to product it, we had found another solution, that's sure.
Anyway, without Diabology, we may be unknow?
For the Babache products, stop buy them. Only Diabology has been tested ;)

jelen

« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2006, 12:02:17 pm »
the photo was made in the EJC just before we leftwe had quite a laugh with it!

fredo

« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2006, 01:57:06 pm »
No, really, I love the MB products...Of course, the sticks' tips could be better, but I didn't break any for a long time now...since I've got the g2 version...It can't be perfect ,but I'm happy with the products as they are...The sticks are just great for diaboloing

Arjan

« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2006, 05:09:26 pm »
Quote from: trash
Anyway, without Diabology, we may be unknow?

No indeed, but Diabology sure contributed to the reputation of you guy`s. Diabology sure set the standard to a higher level, resulting in people being curious for the people behind the faces in it.

Don`t get me wrong: Diabology, good product  :wink:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2006, 06:31:25 pm »
Quote from: mynci
but for gods sake, do some product testing before releasing your products to the general public.  
Quote from: Chiok said a while ago
Good that they've finally come out, thought they'd never see the light of day. As long as they get it right first time and haven't rushed anything.
Forgive me for being sceptical about their products.  Good move on the aluminium threaded insteads, probably the best way forward.  Still, modification is the name of the game, and it's good to play it, lets you have something unique.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JC

• Donator
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2006, 06:46:30 pm »
The photo is really fine, good idea;-)
I think every body who is interested in diabolo and was on one of the EJC´s in the last years knows on which high level the MFP is playing, but not all people could go there. So, the DVD is a good solution, that more people could see what is possible.
Everybody who hold the DVD in hands could see that this is sponsored from Mister Babache, and I remember that I saw on a website (I think it was the page from Tony) a button that he is sponsored from Mr. Babache.
What I want to say is, this was no secret.

Before the DVD, the most of them played with Circus Diabolos,
after it the most use the Finesse. I think Tony used still Circus Diabolos.

What I like to know is, is there an agreement between Babache and the MFP that they must use on stage the Finesse Diabolos?
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Martijn

« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2006, 06:53:11 pm »
Quote from: JC
Tand I remember that I saw on a website (I think it was the page from Tony) a button that he is sponsored from Mr. Babache.
What I want to say is, this was no secret.

Well it can't be Tony, because he uses Henry's circusses, Henry's alu and Henry's white string! :P

Quote from: JC
What I like to know is, is there an agreement between Babache and the MFP that they must use on stage the Finesse Diabolos?

I don't think so. The Finesse is just a nice diabolo, which some diabolists prefer above the Henry's circus, so these people use whatever they like on stage (including MFP). Just my thoughts, correct me if I'm wrong.

JC

• Donator
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2006, 07:08:04 pm »
I was not sure, and therefore I looked at his website.
Under links, you could find the following,
Sponsor jonglerie.com and the sign from Babache.

Martijn wrote
Well it can't be Tony, because he uses Henry's circusses, Henry's alu and Henry's white string![/list:u]

I do not know what should be the sense of it?
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

frank0072

« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2006, 07:41:01 pm »
maybe tony gets paid in secret by Henry's to keep using Circus diabolos...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Paul

« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2006, 08:12:10 pm »
hasn't trash now swithched to using circus??? The last few videos i saw of him he had white circus. Maybe they are all defecting to henry's!!!!

The rebellion is coming!
Peace

Qwertyu

Extreme classic?
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2006, 08:36:19 pm »
Can someone tell me a little bit about the new MB  Extreme classic sticks? Are they good? Is it any difference to the Henrys mini sticks ?

Thank you  and sorry for the bad english!

mango

« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2006, 11:16:25 am »
i saw trash using circuses as well in the pictures on his web

fredo

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2006, 08:58:59 pm »
Can someone tell me a little bit about the new MB Extreme classic sticks? Are they good? Is it any difference to the Henrys mini sticks ?
Of course they're different! Do you mean the tiny alu sticks that came with a viper diabolo? or the 32.5cm?

LOOK AT THAT!!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
it's againfrom http://www.ballaballa.de

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2006, 09:20:20 pm »
In about 2 weeks I'll get one pair with white handles and one with pink ones  8)  the guys from the shop I usually get my stuff ordered them for me :D

Are there changeable tips for the sticks now available?

Martijn

« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2006, 10:28:28 am »
Wooooow that looks great Fredo! Thanks for posting that. Are those the '2nd generation' of Extreme sticks, with the threaded tube and different coloured silicon/rubber handles? If so, I'm about to order a pair of those. :)

fredo

« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2006, 04:20:59 pm »
Yes they're the g2 sticks. I've got two pairs (white and yellow) for a pretty while now and they're great. I snapped one white one, but will repair it soon. (I ordered two repair kits of each kind with the sticks; two pairs of tips and two pairs of this teflon screw-thing(word missing :P)...This makes sense) I posted something about the g2s in the MB handsticks thread...so you can read it in order to know how to distinguish between the old ones and the g2s...and other information including pics.

I even had two pairs of the prototype models (old shaped white and yellow handles) but now, with just a silicone tube and a small ring under it, it looks better and the weight is perfect! I can only recommend them!

TimEllis

« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2006, 07:47:03 pm »
So after all that.......which would you recommend buying?  Energy or Extreme?  Which will last longer?
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis