Author Topic: New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)  (Read 79065 times)

seán_

New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2005, 11:57:17 pm »
State of play with my extreme sticks (to the  max, imagineer etc. etc.)

The insert still slides out since the superglue did not do the job, I'll  have a crack at using epoxy (though  to be  fair I dont think I should have to do anything to a brand new set of  sticks). Matt_H and MattF's seem  ok.

Oh and I bent one of my sticks tonight which  surprised  me,  but I'm pretty sure my henrys  all's would have bent really badly from the whack it got.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Mr. Babache Xtreme Stix
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2005, 03:15:17 pm »
haven't heard much about the new Mr. Babache Xtreme stix, how do they compare to carbon fibre and aluminum?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2005, 01:22:25 pm »
Well, I've owned the foam handled version for a while now. They are my favourite sticks and I use them exclusively now. I'm not so fond of the wide silly looking black foam though. I think the rubber grips will be perfect. I'll know soon since I ordered a pair of those in the midst of my I-can't-believe-I'm-missing-the-EJC depression.

The foam grips get larger towards the end of the stick. I guess it keeps them from slipping out of your hands... but really they're thicker than I'd like and look a bit goofy.

The quality of the end pieces isn't fantastic. One of my ends has pulled out a little recently and I do have to occasionally retighten the end pieces. This is something I'm sure I can fix with a little work, but still a tad annoying.

I love the swing weight of the sticks. More of the weight is towards the handle of the stick and they're a bit shorter. As a result, they feel lighter in your hands than the Henrys aluminums but they swing a bit slower. Triple infinite suicide genocides have never been easier.

The look of the brushed aluminum mixed with the polished aluminum end pieces is top notch too.

They seem significantly more resistant to bending than the Henrys aluminum sticks. I have hit them hard on the ground and on diabolo axles and they are still perfectly straight. My Henrys sticks would have bent like bananas. I normally have to straighten my henrys aluminum sticks every day, whereas I've had the MBs for over a month without a problem.

I'd say get the aluminum MBs with rubber handles, but I'll report back on those after I've tried them out. Really - have you ever seen a sexier stick than the rubber handled extreme? :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2005, 01:23:58 am »
hey, i actually like the foam handles!

Jonnyh

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2005, 09:32:28 am »
I'd say get the aluminum MBs with rubber handles, but I'll report back on those after I've tried them out. Really - have you ever seen a sexier stick than the rubber handled extreme?

Heh heh, you wait till my Prototype Titanium handsticks come out...  :)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2005, 12:45:22 pm »
Quote from: Jonnyh
Heh heh, you wait till my Prototype Titanium handsticks come out...  :)
If you could get a supplier, and manufacture them cheap enough, I'm sure alot of people would be very interested.  

Has anyone checked out my new aluminium handsticks in the Equipment sticky?  They're doing pretty well, discovered the type of knot I need to tie to make sure the string can spin.  And they've not as yet bent, but I could do with a better handle material.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2005, 04:54:59 pm »
Hey you guys,

First of all: thanks for the 2 and a half pages of threads with new posts to read :P EJC was fun. Yeah!

Here are my thoughts about the new sticks:

I bought the Xtreme sticks with transparant handle at the EJC. I payed € 13,50. I put them on, and they came off really easy. So I returned to the shop. I had to wait in the back. Priam, Diabolumberto, Tom, and a few others were there as well. Enjoying the nice weather, trying the new stuff of MB, and helping people with problems - like me :P. Daniel said to me that the silicon/rubber handles are made for the deco underneath it. Without tape or deco, the handles come of. So I decided to put some tape on it. It worked for me. :)
That very same day I was having trouble with the ends of the sticks. The piece of plastic/teflon (?) where you have to screw the top on was a bit loose. So I went back to the shop and got a new stick. Next time it'll come loose, I'll have to glue or tape it I think.

At that time I really liked the sticks. I heard about the grip and tops problems before on this forum, so I wasn't worried. Then something really stupid happened. Before my show with Arjan, I was practising backstage with my Xtreme sticks. I tried a infinite suicide without a wrap (the fast one :wink:). After a few rounds I wanted to stop it, I failed, had a look at my sticks, and suddenly one of the grips wasn't there anymore! The grips were taped to the sticks, but still, I lost one of the grips backstage. :roll: Anyway, I couldn't find the handle backstage, so I went back to MB (for the 3rd time), and they were really friendly, taped my sticks - really nice - and I got a new handle for free.

The sticks are really nice, but they still have some problems which really need attention. Nevertheless, Mister Babache is a very nice shop, and they are willing to help you with problems. I like the sticks now everything is repaired, taped and stuff. My favourite sticks atm: MB Xtreme with transparant grip (and yellow MB string). Hooray for MB!

I also got the Energy sticks with the black handle. I like the black handle for the energy sticks, cause now they are better visible. And I won't use them a lot anyways. They are nice for 1d, but not that nice for 2d and/or suicides. I got them for free as an early birthday gift from Arjan :) Thank you Arjan!

download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2005, 08:20:13 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I got them for free as an early birthday gift from Arjan :) Thank you Arjan!

Ok, a birthday gift it is... :P It was just a gift my friend ;)

Yeah one of my tops on the xtreme transparent ones went a bit lose... I hope this problem won`t be messing me a lot.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2005, 11:43:38 pm »
Ah, this was what threw me about the Xtreme ones coming loose.  I didn't realise there was a plastic threaded insert that the tips screwed onto, I thought they screwed directly into the tubing.  That's why the come out.  But I guess the Energy sticks are just threaded at the end?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2005, 12:11:04 am »
yeah, pretty much. i dont know if it's possible to change the tips on the xtreme sticks though....MB does recommend that you put teflon tape to help it stay longer though

seán_

« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2005, 12:33:55 am »

I bought the Xtreme sticks with transparant handle at the EJC. I payed € 13,50. I put them on, and they came off really easy. So I returned to the shop. I had to wait in the back. Priam, Diabolumberto, Tom, and a few others were there as well. Enjoying the nice weather, trying the new stuff of MB, and helping people with problems - like me :P. Daniel said to me that the silicon/rubber handles are made for the deco underneath it. Without tape or deco, the handles come of. So I decided to put some tape on it. It worked for me. :)
<clip>

At that time I really liked the sticks. I heard about the grip and tops problems before on this forum, so I wasn't worried. Then something really stupid happened. Before my show with Arjan, I was practising backstage with my Xtreme sticks. I tried a infinite suicide without a wrap (the fast one :wink:). After a few rounds I wanted to stop it, I failed, had a look at my sticks, and suddenly one of the grips wasn't there anymore! The grips were taped to the sticks, but still, I lost one of the grips backstage. :roll: Anyway, I couldn't find the handle backstage, so I went back to MB (for the 3rd time), and they were really friendly, taped my sticks - really nice - and I got a new handle for free.

An old BMX tip from back in the day might help to keep the grips in place. We used to use hairspray when fitting new handlebar grips, when you spray it inside the grips it helped to slip it onto the handlebars but then when left overnight it would dry sticky like glue, we did not need to use a lot of it. Maybe this and enough decoration tape migh help?!?

ming

« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2005, 06:24:38 pm »
Anyone know any on-line shops in europe that have the sticks with the clear handles?

Martijn

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2005, 09:05:50 pm »
Quote from: xfirebladex
I didn't realise there was a plastic threaded insert that the tips screwed onto

That's how the Xtreme sticks are designed. It's not very nice...  hope I can fix it when they come lose.

Quote from: xfirebladex
I thought they screwed directly into the tubing.

...and that's the design of the Energy handsticks. Much better then the Xtremes, this one doesn't become loose.

Martijn

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2005, 01:45:08 pm »
Damn it! I broke one of my Energy handsticks :(

I was starting to really like them, and suddenly, when I was trying something of Dai (mini columns to anticide or something like that), one of the sticks said 'SNAP!'. A little piece of polycarbonate is stuck inside the alu tip now. I don't know IF I can ever get it out...

Here are some pics... :cry:

What should I do? Return to MB, and tell them that their sticks aren't strong enough? Or something else...?

fildas

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2005, 03:33:26 pm »
Tijn:this your handstick????this break????
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Martijn

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2005, 03:45:40 pm »
Quote from: fildas

Erm, yes, that's what I just explained. Maybe if you'd actually read my post?

Arjan

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2005, 03:47:45 pm »
I don`t think he understood Martijn.. Some people are not so good with English but are brave to read these forums.

Btw, it sucks your stick is broken, I`d say, return it to MB.

Mattias

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2005, 04:41:39 pm »
Sorry to hear that Martijn.
Maybe those will be the new henry (carbon)fibre(glass), they might hold forever or they might go snap after a week.

Yeah, return them and get new ones.

Hope it works out.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2005, 05:02:05 pm »
man tijn that sucks, that is the exact reason i got the Xtreme handsticks, i heard that the Energy sticks break like crazy.

fildas

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2005, 07:12:37 pm »
Quote from: fildas

Erm, yes, that's what I just explained. Maybe if you'd actually read my post?
Oh,sorry..My English is not good... :?
.....sorry, my english is not good.....