Author Topic: New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)  (Read 90220 times)

Sean

• Administrator
New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2006, 08:01:45 pm »
Quote from: The Ska Boss
So after all that.......which would you recommend buying?  Energy or Extreme?  Which will last longer?

Both will break because of their poor design. The Energy will probably break faster. :)

fredo

« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2006, 08:40:23 pm »
This depends on the tricks you do and on the surface you play on... you shouldn't do tricks where you're stick can hit the ground(genocides, pretty sure ones are ok of course :wink: )when you're playing on tarmac, play on grass... My Energs are really older and much more resistant than any other sticks I ever had.

But the best way would be to test them both (I know this isn't easy :roll: ), then you'l know whether you like the Energy's flexibility or theExtreme's stiffness more... But there was enough chatter in this thread, so have a look at it and decide (or try them as I said :P )

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2006, 08:55:39 pm »
hm my energys broke while doing 1 around the arm, the stick was 2 weeks old and never hit the floor before :P
so I think the extreme are a bit more solid

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2006, 09:05:30 pm »
Oh come on. It's like comparing an elephant in a China shop to a bulldozer in a house of mirrors.  :lol:

barnett

Looking For Babache Repair Kit 1742 (in the US)
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2006, 06:04:50 pm »
Hi,

My son got a set of Mr. Babache Xtreme handsticks. After using them for a while the little plastic end snapped. The instructions that came with the sticks tell me to order replacement tips, but no one seems to carry them.  I contacted Higgins Bros., JugglingStore.com, and Dube, but none of them stock the repair kit 1742.

I was able to find the repair kit at firetoys (UK), but that would cost £5.81 to ship a £1.69 part.

Does anyone know where to find thes parts in the US or Canada?

Thanks,
Simon

Martijn

« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2006, 06:19:51 pm »
Hi Simon, I merged your topic to this thread, because I think it fits a bit better in here. Have a look in this topic to find what you're looking for.

mango

« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2006, 03:28:12 pm »
the repair tips are seen if you scroll down and see the xtreme handsticks page in jugglingstore and click on the picture with the metal tips. i don't know why they didn't make a shortcut on the diabolo page.

Rîkû

« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2006, 05:54:31 pm »
Yeah.. I broke my Extremes... And I bought them last month!! They broke when I did regular suicide and I didn´t catch it and then they hit to the floor and craks...

WillieWonka

« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2006, 09:58:15 pm »
yo.
How long does it take for a Energy stick to snap  ? I just wanna know cuz i need some new sticks!
and one more question. Which stick shal i choose if i want to learn 2d? The Energy or the extreme ones?
Stupid is stupideus, Forrest Gump.

fredo

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2006, 11:04:36 pm »
Just have a look through this thread. There's almost everything covered and there are many opinions/answers on your questions. And to answer your question, this is mainly a matter of favour - but some people say, Energies aren't good for learning 2...

Llama_Bill

« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2006, 01:05:24 am »
Has any one used the G3s yet to see if they break as much?
Bill.

jammy

s***
« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2006, 09:38:27 am »
thats all im going to say! i have bent a pair of classics, and snapped the energys!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

tommygrhcp

« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2006, 01:34:21 pm »
I got a pair of moon energies and they're sweet! have had no trouble with the thread snapping/breaking....
I was practising vertax genocides and snapped the stick in half in the washing line though, funy as!
Firetoys sent me a new one though (that site is a legend!) and now i can do that trick which is sweet too, would recomend extremes cos i love their feel but not to be too harsh with them or energies if like the colours or just to stand out fromt he carbon fibre crowd  :wink:

fredo

« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2006, 10:27:34 pm »
I never heard of a stick snapping like this! Weird story... :o

jammy

« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2006, 09:11:27 am »
the energy snapped half way down the stick! i have ended up cutting the other stick down to the same lenght,
there are good points with short sticks! you get loads of feeling when doing fans,
the bad points are its harder to correct your diabolos!

PS i will not be buying any more energy or classics again!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

Sambo

« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2006, 11:31:54 am »
It was me that broke Jammy's first stick there. I was merely doing an infinite suicide run when the free stick hit the grass we were playing on and the handle end of the stick flew off!

All I can say is that I'm disappointed with Babache sticks.

tommygrhcp

« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2006, 08:37:19 pm »
the rubber handles on my energies are moving around on mine. starting to go off em. I will recomend carbons to anyone now ! lol

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2006, 09:31:26 pm »
Quote from: tommygrhcp
the rubber handles on my energies are moving around on mine. starting to go off em.
Occasionally, the silicone handles can be a bit loose.  If you can get them off, a thin layer of tape or equivalent will increase the diametre enough to hold the tubing.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2006, 09:57:44 pm »
the rubber handles on my energies are moving around on mine. starting to go off em.

a little hairspray works wonders too

fredo

« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2006, 10:35:45 pm »
Quote from: Sean

a little hairspray works wonders too

LOL, hairspray! but a good idea...