Author Topic: New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)  (Read 79047 times)

Sean

• Administrator
New handsticks MB (Xtreme & Energy)
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2005, 03:03:05 pm »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
And yes, they are rescrewing VERY often... Looked something like that: Antonin was doing combo, after it he "rescrewed" his sticks and continued

Yes, but an Antonin combo can go on for hours so that's not saying very much.  :lol:

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2005, 04:47:11 pm »
Couldn't you just put somethin on it to stop that? Like all the suggestions for stopping axles unscrewing after taking diabs apart or some sticky tape?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2005, 04:53:02 pm »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
And yes, they are rescrewing VERY often... Looked something like that: Antonin was doing combo, after it he "rescrewed" his sticks and continued  :lol:

Do you mean that they came loose and he had to tighten them? Or he replaced his string after the combo?

ming

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 05:02:06 pm »
If they're coming loose all the time. just go to the hardware store and get some thread tape should keep em nice and tight

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2005, 05:05:06 pm »
Not that I have them infront of me or have used them, but I think the problem is that when you tie the knot in the string, it can stick in the tip hole and not rotate as freely.  Thus if you do suns and the such, the twisting string would unscrew the tip instead as it takes the path of least resistance.  It seems a shame to have to modify the new sticks to make them work as required.

Maybe tying a larger bulbous knot would prevent the knot sticking in the tip hole.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Vojtas

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 05:13:56 pm »
Quote from: norbi
Do you mean that they came loose and he had to tighten them? Or he replaced his string after the combo?

In Antonin case I wouldn't be surprised, if he had to replace the string, but they came loose... He was tightening them often, but

Quote from: ming
If they're coming loose all the time. just go to the hardware store and get some thread tape should keep em nice and tight

this will work well, I think.
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Vojtas

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 05:47:19 pm »
Another thing I remembered: This is written on the JugglingStore.com:
Currently, we have these sticks available in aluminum with a black grip assembly. Coming later this summer is the clear sticks with clear grip assembly.

Clear sticks with clear grip assembly - this are the Antonin's sticks! Later this summer! But check the Baguettes and Diabolos video on Diabology. Sometimes HE GOT THEM!!! AND THIS WAS FILMED YEAR AND HALF AGO!!!  :evil:
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 05:51:19 pm »
When you've got Mr B in your pocket, you can always get the sneak peeks at the good stuff.  
Also, with the clear grip assembly, what material is the handle then?  Is it some sort of clear silicone grip like a devilstick handstick?  Or a clear compressed foam?  Hmm....

Chiok
"Glass 1/4" thick? Transparent Aluminium?"

Vojtas

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 05:54:05 pm »
Quote from: xfirebladex
Also, with the clear grip assembly, what material is the handle then?  Is it some sort of clear silicone grip like a devilstick handstick?

Exactly. And: You know how the black grip on the Henrys Alu is going down? So, that's much worse! But they're just so nice and light. I sooo want them..  :D
-Morpheus

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2005, 09:57:18 pm »
i just wanna say something about the energy THEY SUCK my two set of stick are broken in 6 or 5 days at the same point and the grip always go away if you make two mini genocide
to be or not to be that is or that is Not the question...

Martijn

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2005, 09:15:37 am »
Damn... So they are more flexible AND breakable compared to Henry's Carbon/Fibre glass sticks...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

eggy900

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2005, 09:51:06 am »
the string tying part on my xtreme sticks has broken, i'm sending them back but i'll still get another pair, MB are usually very reliable

Martijn

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2005, 10:33:56 am »
Have a look at unicycle.com. :wink:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2005, 11:24:01 am »
Quote from: Unicyle.uk.com
strong yet flexible
Oh dear...  That's a real shame, I would have thought the Energy sticks would have allowed for a real bouncy action.  I wanted to try them and see if getting into vertical was easier with them.  Maybe MB were in a hurry?
And can anyone verify the diameter of the Xtreme shaft?  Is it thinner than the MB Performer shaft?  
Sorry to hear about your sticks Capitaine and Eggy

Chiok

Martijn

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2005, 11:50:32 am »
Quote from: Sean
A little birdie mentioned this too me.

They also have the clear handle now! :)

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2005, 11:52:59 am »
Quote from: eggy900
the string tying part on my xtreme sticks has broken, i'm sending them back but i'll still get another pair, MB are usually very reliable

whoa in france we only got energy (too flexible too breakable) where do you get your extreme? :o

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2005, 12:35:35 pm »
i got my sticks from firetoys.co.uk...

by the way, i hit my stick on the balcony, and now the cap wont screw down all the way. its weird, there is a tiny gap (1 mm or so) and it wotn close at all. its not a problem with the thread i think, maybe the actual tubing got pushed down...its really weird

Martijn

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2005, 12:47:50 pm »
As far I know, they are available here:

Firetoys

Jugglingstore.com

Unicycle.com

seán_

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2005, 01:17:53 pm »
Matt_

unscrew  both ends, see if the plasticy bit sticks out the same on each side.

If  not, the longer one is the one that wont screw  up properly, mine was like this from the start (nice one babache). I just pushed it in again by  putting my weight on it.  then it was ok for a bit but by using them and screwing them up tight it pulls it out again so the last time I pushed  it back I  put some superglue on the bit that would slide into the tube.

The ends have to be tightened up snug IMHO (and some others). A kid  at EPCC had a few mm gaps in his setup because it 'looks good'  but it provides  an area where  flex  could cause the insert to snap.

Edit: clear  sticks   available  from the shop  in Chester that had a stall at EPCC

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2005, 05:36:40 pm »
i'v just got my extreme and i put the tranparent grip of the energy on the extreme stick it's beautiful  :D