Author Topic: Animal crackers  (Read 6715 times)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Animal crackers
« on: April 10, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »
The Problem nowadays is that when you upload any video online you need to find a good name for it. I'm getting lazy with this stuff so urban dictionary gives out pretty ok names after few clicks. Anyhow it's been a year since I've actually filmed anything I do with Diabolo. Had a few minutes the other day to film. Don't expect anything big thou. Keep it fun boys.

«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Scrat

Re: Animal crackers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »
I like the feeling of the video.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 07:31:16 pm »
Favourite video this year, beautifully put together and good to see some of the stuff you showed me in Helsinki again ;)

This just shows that a diabolo video doesn't have to be 8 minutes long and contain thousands of integrals and crazy 3d stuff to be good.

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Elkku

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 07:32:15 pm »
Really well made video :) I love your style

But I would like to see more of your awesome old school stuff ;)
Eljas

Cand1ez

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02:14 pm »
i like the horizontal suicide thru trapeze thing.  i do a very similar thing with 5A
Dave: "Candles, you light up my life"
Funty: "I thought you'd be more Gangster"

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »
I love everything you do, dear.
Rooted diabolist.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 08:19:32 pm »
Thank you for kind words, buddies. Makes me happy. Love you guys, even if you lied and didn't really like it.

Elkku, the old ones are sooo old. It would make me look like an actual fossil here ;)

Cand1ez, yea you saw right. It's actually Nate Sutter's trick called "Sutter Copter". But just adapted to diabolo. Basically I'm just taking every other trick from yoyoing nowadays. Great fun and the eiffels will actually turn up pointing up.

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 06:31:55 am »
I loved every bit of the video! Love your yoyo to diabolo style, it's so fresh and on the same time so old school!

Drolleboer

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:31:23 pm »
Nice stuff!! You're old wooden sticks finally broke didn't they? :P

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 02:03:47 pm »
Sweet.

1:40 - 1:49 was legend!

LV

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
Lovely! Man, I wished also that there would have been some that old school stuff, I've started to be quite addicted to that kind of stuff, because I've been practising that old performance style a lot lately. Still, a very refreshing video it is.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 04:08:58 pm »
Nice stuff!! You're old wooden sticks finally broke didn't they? :P

Haha, no. Literally I have this bearing diabolo & carbon stick set only for slacks, cuts and yo-yo stuff. When I do something else I switch to the old sticks and fixed. The wooden sticks seem to be almost unbreakable, the one hickory pair has been in use now 7 years and only thing which has happened is that they bend in time and turn in to grey color. Still got like 5 pairs of those sticks, let's see after 35years if I still got them. ;)

Jem, I'm working on one combo that has your trick in it. Didn't get it on film so that it would look smooth enough. Will have to practice more. Maybe next clip then.

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 06:42:18 pm »
Sweeeet video liked it alot man

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 07:03:38 am »
Great to see some diabolo from you again Marko! You've got style.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 02:14:33 pm »
Jem, I'm working on one combo that has your trick in it. Didn't get it on film so that it would look smooth enough. Will have to practice more. Maybe next clip then.

I look forward to seeing that Marko....

Bu2ldogs2002

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 06:30:36 pm »
really like that slack thing im trying copy it but its too hard to see ;) iwanna make my own version of it ;D

-Lucas / Bu2ldog
hmmmm...

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 08:01:13 am »
Nice one, It's really weird position. How it now works is that you basically throw diabolo through this hole in string and then you sun and come back. Since the diabolo is bigger than yoyo I have to do that in two steps with string rejection. :) It's not an easy position so don't get frustrated. If you need more pointers let me know and I can try to describe which strings you need to hit.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 04:08:05 pm »
love it, i know what you mean, if you could get those tunnels to work in one movement i would be so happy.

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 02:03:59 am »
Haha, no. Literally I have this bearing diabolo & carbon stick set only for slacks, cuts and yo-yo stuff. When I do something else I switch to the old sticks and fixed. The wooden sticks seem to be almost unbreakable, the one hickory pair has been in use now 7 years and only thing which has happened is that they bend in time and turn in to grey color. Still got like 5 pairs of those sticks, let's see after 35years if I still got them. ;)

Wow I must say I love this video and the new video too! just curious do you use the finesse or the circuse diabolo with the axle kit? and what string?

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:15 am »
Thanks. As an answer for your the gear questions...

On normal day the  equipment is: Henry's Circus with Ultra Leicht Kit (wider and lighter) by Jürgen Kreisz, custom made Hickory wooden sticks and Henry's neon yellow string measured from floor to my collar bone. Nowadays it's 2-3 cm shorter than to my collar bone. String can be anything from new to old I don't play with big speeds so tangling isn't a problem.

On bearing day I use: A modded diabolo, it's the same as Langerz uses. So Spinabolo Pro cups, Fly single bearing axle system with the black aluminium axle kit installed. Sundia bamboo effect sticks and Henry's neon yellow string. String a 5-10cm shorter than usual. String rubbed really hard to bottom of shoe to wear it out and bend better when doing slacks.