Author Topic: Henrys ball bearing Diabolo  (Read 9852 times)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Henrys ball bearing Diabolo
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 01:24:42 pm »
I want to have a go on 1d vertax on these new bearing Circuses at EJC. Let's see how well they can take my expectations. Would be bummer if it was not as good as Roman's mod I've already tried...

JC, are you by any chance selling these bearing things at EJC? I would love to support you by buying one in white.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 04:39:19 pm »
I played with some visions with bearing kits in them when I was at Butterfingers recently, and they required correction almost all the time as well (from 1d-3d). I wouldn't place your hopes on the visions being much better, Jem.

Thanks Duncan although I am somewhat gutted!
Marco - what's Roman's mod out of interest?

Edit: Since the above post I've modded my old G3's with the bearings and performance is much better although still some tilt / yaw with 2d (but not as much so I'm going to stick with it a bit.)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 07:14:04 pm »
I meant the one's Roman & Petronella (Tre'space) are using. That one didn't have revokit like poles in. It looked like normal Circus with lighter hubs but the small piece was a clutch bearing.

Had only one go quite long ago so I can't really compare it to Fly's. It definitely had more of a fixed axle feeling on the string than a sundia has.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

seán_

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 10:56:05 pm »
At the BJC I shared my thoughts with the Henrys guys re the profile/yawing I'm hoping that they might have looked into this. Anyone going to the EJC should pop along to their stall and give them a try and share your thoughts. (My initial thoughts that if they weren't going to change the profile and width then a groove to centralise the diabolo might be the way to go.)

seán_

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »
The profile has been changed (from the ones for sale at the EJC), they seem less prone to yawing now.

I think the general opinion is that these marry well with the Vision diabolo (weight wise)