Author Topic: Sundia Fly Vs. Zeekio Spinferno  (Read 3170 times)

Unihopper

Sundia Fly Vs. Zeekio Spinferno
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:36 pm »
So I have been thinking about getting a wide axle diabolo with bearings.  In my searches I have found the Sundia Fly Long Diabolo and the Zeekio Spinferno Diabolo.  They both have a wide axle and one way bearing.  The Spinferno is about $10 cheaper. 

Which diabolo is better?  Which one spins better and is more durable.  I don't plan on launching it into the treetops, but I do not want it to break.  I'd appreciate any opinions or experience that you could share.
Thanks,

Mediaboy13

Re: Sundia Fly Vs. Zeekio Spinferno
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:46:34 am »
I have never heard of a Zeekio Spinferno but i have abot 3 Sundia Flys and 2 Triple Bearings the Fly's are of great quality and never seem to brake (unless it gets hit by a car 3 times) and they have an extremely long spin time so i'd go with the fly.
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

rochdalejak

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:16:34 am »
I have never heard of a Zeekio Spinferno

i havent but i found this http://www.yoyosam.com/servlet/the-5890/Zeekio-Spinferno-One-dsh-Way-Bearing/Detail
and never seem to brake
mine did i only droped it doing vertax genicicdes so...

jak  8)
:) yep thats me

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:14:43 pm »
Zeekio Spinferno. I've got a feeling that every shop that sells this product gives it a new name or buys it from different wholesaler. Oddballs has the "Juggle Dream Cyclone" http://www.oddballs.co.uk/juggle-dream-cyclone-triple-bearing-diabolo-p-3204.html which pretty much looks exactly as the same diabolo. Here in Finland shops call it as "Nitro".  Maybe the Chinese manufacturer sells to many wholesalers who name it differently.

Well anyways I've got the oddballs one and it's pretty decent. Clearly axle is copied from Sundia one. Bearing is nice but the axle is not symmetrical so it turns slowly. There has been cases of it falling into pieces. My diabolo has also been getting loose. But all in all good diabolo. For the price point it has you have to face the fact that it doesn't have everything perfectly. Sundia Fly is much more better made but the hard plastic cups tend to break.

My suggestion would be Sundia Shining since it has more durable cups than Fly. But if you don't count the cups it's exactly the same. If I had to choose from these two I might take the Fly.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:29:12 pm »
zeekio is a rebranded yoyosam product label
can't believe its not butter

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:12:47 pm »
now there we go.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Unihopper

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 02:10:03 am »
Thanks to everyone for the advice.  I think I will go with the Sundia Fly since it is only $10 more and sounds to be of much better quality.

Unihopper

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 01:24:24 am »
Okay so I have been looking around a bit more and found the Zeekio Triple Threat Diabolo:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Zeekio-Triple-Threat-Diabolo-Triple-Bearing-Orang-Green-/310251015064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483c66cb98
Is the axle on this diabolo any better besides being triple bearing?  I really don't want to buy the Sundia Fly and have the cups break, but if the Zeekio axles are no good than that's not much better.  I also like the sound of the triple bearing, but again if it's no good then I don't want to waste the money.