Author Topic: WJF box/diabolo trailer.  (Read 7599 times)

juggleBG

WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« on: August 14, 2005, 04:37:27 pm »
There's some new clips from the diabolo comp of the WJF on its site.
http://www.thewjf.com/index.html
Apparently they are releasing the diabolo comp on DVD!

Chiok

• Donator
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 09:58:10 pm »
That would be awesome if they could get the footage out (about damn time if you ask me).  I suppose it's what happens when it's called the "Auxilary Props Competition".  But there's gotta be some good stuff in there when you have top class people pulling out the stops in competition.  Cheers for the link!

Chiok
(and did you see the personal invitation for Anthony Gatto?)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

seán_

WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 01:19:26 am »
Am I getting the wrong page or am I just a bit slow these days? Everytime I hit the WTF? site I can't easily find the clips (Ryos was easy enough but the diabolo comp ones?)

Edit: click on the link that says "NEW DVD - COMING SOON (Click for video)"
I know it sounds obvious now, but since I dont religiously visit that site It's hard to keep abrest of what's what.  Now if they put the words 'DIABOLO & BOX' into that link life would be a bit easier for the casual visitor.

Jester

WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 04:01:24 am »
Must have

Must have right now :twisted:
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

Will^

WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 02:57:27 pm »
Quote from: seán_
Am I getting the wrong page or am I just a bit slow these days? Everytime I hit the WTF? site I can't easily find the clips (Ryos was easy enough but the diabolo comp ones?)

Don't worry, I couldnt find it either  :oops:

Matt_

• Donator
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 01:20:26 am »
Quote from: seán_
I know it sounds obvious now, but since I dont religiously visit that site It's hard to keep abrest of what's what.  

that's why i just wait for people to post here the news, i dont check it myself :p

shaddow

WJF diabolo and box comp DVD
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 01:16:02 am »
I see that the DVD for diabolo and boxes is now listed as available on the WJF site http://www.thewjf.com/diabolodvd.html .  Anyone have this yet and willing to write a review.  From all accounts of last year's fest, this should be a great DVD, but just wondering whether they have done it justice, and whether it is worth the $25 price tag.

Sean

Matt_

• Donator
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 02:40:42 am »
i bought it yesterday....and without consulting hall-sensei first  :oops: oh well i guess i took a gamble with my 34 dollars (including tax and shipping). if i remember to, i'll post up my opinions later on. hopefully shipping doesnt take too long....

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 02:53:01 am »
Yeah, we watched it after school today in Mr Halls class. Man, those people are awesome at diabolo and boxes.  :shock:
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Chiok

• Donator
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 02:33:13 pm »
Wow, it's a long time coming but it's all finally together.  I've seen the trailer and there did look to be some funky stuff in there.  Nice that they've padded it out with the intermediates and the 3Ball comp.

Everytime the WJF has "Coming Soon" at the end of their trailers, I always hold my breath [1].

Chiok

[1] And subsequently pass out.
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 05:17:23 pm »
I would love to see the whole thing, but i don't have the funds. Is it really worth the $25 they're asking for. Could someone write a review?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Matt_

• Donator
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 07:00:16 pm »
well, if it's what it's supposed to be, complete diabolo and boxes shows, then it will blow you away ;) in any case i should be receiving mine soon, i think...but dracodragon knows so he can tell you  :roll:

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 08:27:29 pm »
Well, i only watched some of it, not the whole thing. But, there is some real good stuff in there, probably worth the price as people say diabology is(i still need to watch/get diabology)
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Mithew

WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 07:21:44 pm »
the trailer looked great! i think i'll get it....but as people said, a review would be helpful (do they show the entire diabolo routines, or just short exerpts from them)???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Priam

• VotW Contributor
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 12:28:34 am »
We've got the DVD for 2 days....
We do entire routines for the 5 finalists (5*4min), and 20 minutes exhibition of all the diabolists. The same for cigars boxes.

I should not say that is just some mad stuff...

Priam

shaddow

WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
Never did see a review but I bought the DVD anyway.  I guess that leaves me to write a quick review.  I just got the dvd in the mail yesterday.  Quickly popped it in the player last night.  Bottom line:  Is it worth the $25 US price tag?  Yes.  As Priam mentioned, it appears that the top 5 have their entire routines included.  There is some amazing stuff here.  There is also a lot of great stuff from diabolo exhibitions at the festival.  Since I enjoy working with cigar boxes, that was quite entertaining, too.  Camera work was good, although I found it ironic that with all of Jason's ranting about how Alan Plotkin misses stuff by not panning back when Jason is juggling higher numbers, that the wjf cameraperson quite often lost the top of the pattern when competitors switched to three high.  If I notice more upon second or third viewing I will update here.

Sean

Matt_

• Donator
WJF box/diabolo trailer.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 10:57:59 pm »
i've watched it a bunch of times, it's a great DVD...i wish they'd included other peoples' routines and perhaps some stuff filmed in the gym. but hey dont look a gift horse in the mouth, i'm glad we got what we got.