Author Topic: New 林韋良(William Wei-Liang Lin) Video(Includes 4d low)  (Read 3366 times)

spryoyabe

Great video. Lots of good tricks and interviews. Enjoy

p.s. srry that there are no english subs but the tricks are still great

von_Ungern_Sternberg

• Planet Diabolo Project
Re: New 林韋良(William Wei-Liang Lin) Video(Includes 4d low)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:02:13 am »
Wahou! I love his 4 low! So small!
I m impressed by the control his has, also in his other tricks!
Amazing...

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:53:49 pm »
Slick little 3d stall at 11:50 or so.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:17:52 pm »
Lovely video. Would be nice without the repeating bits though. The stall at 11:50 is lovely. Thanks for pointing it out or I would have skipped over it.

NicholasTo

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »
I was so proud for being an Asian :)

The interview was talking about why he plays diabolo and his dream of his future. Maybe I should translate the interview into English tomorrow :o It is midnight at Hong Kong now :-(

spryoyabe

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 11:10:20 pm »
Thanks for the comments! And yeah it would be great if you could translate the interview. I would do it myself but I don't have the time :'(. Srry guys

NicholasTo

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »
Sorry guys, i was quite busy before. And here comes the translation:

From 1:06-1:37
Q: The reason for starting diabolo?
A: When I was still in primary three or four, there are clubs in the school. At first I joined the Tae Kwon Do club and it was popular at that time. Later on some quota had to be cut down as so many people joined the club. My name was cut down and I was arranged to the diabolo club. I didn't think for so much at that time. I thought that I should play it properly as I was arranged to the diabolo club. It was just a destiny and then I kept on playing until now.

From 3:56-4:31
Q: The hardest thing when you are practising?
A: The hardest thing is that whenever I am practising for a new trick, it may get fail and I have to pick back the diabolo. It is tiring if I need to do it continuously. Especially when I first trying 4d low, after starting the third one and I started the fourth diabolo, they collapsed and might roll far away. I think this is the most tiring thing. Maybe you have practised for one hour, and there are about thirty to forty minutes are picking up the diabolos. So the hardest thing is to successfully learn a trick.

From 8:01-8:29
Q: The person who is the most you want to say thanks to?
A: Thanks to our teacher, Miss Wen Shou Zhen. She keeps staying with us when we were small, she works hard with us until now. No matter the budget for travelling out of Taiwan, or some competition, she will pay part of the fee. Thanks to her. If she doesn't stay with us, there will not be a team called MHDdiabolo.

From 12:24-12:49
Q: Future's dream?
A: I had never thought that I can stand on such a large stage by playing diabolo at before. And now diabolo is standing on an international stage. I want to bring diabolo to the whole world. And so as my dream, and Taiwan.
'You are not working hard for the others to see, but is to let other to see you are working hard'

At the end he is holding a magazine that talking about the new one hundred lights in Taiwan. And the seventeenth is talking about him. The sentence under his name is 'An earnest attitude is produced by playing'.

Donald the Trekky

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:31:59 am »
thanks for the translation.

IltaKaffe

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:24:26 pm »
Oh, nice. 4D low so nice  :) All the tricks are done smoothly and without doubt! Keep it up!