Author Topic: Bearing axis - Need advice  (Read 1509 times)

2xeon2

Bearing axis - Need advice
« on: July 13, 2011, 07:05:42 pm »
Hey all I'm new to this forum, and asking for some advice.

So after a few years of juggling and recovering from a big break lately,
I went on the internet to see what's new around the juggling world, and spotted an interesting axis.
It was an Ball-Bearing one, and I know many of you know what it is.
I had to try one, and after a day of research and thinking, I'd go for a Henrys Vision (Ice coloured) with their ball-bearing axis.

Today this diabolo freshly was left on the doorstep for me to try out, and as soon as I did, I happily played and tested it for hours.
But at a given point I realised something, everything was so... easy...
The tricks I find hard with my Finesse are almost unstoppable with this new axis.

So here am I, with mixed feelings of joy and sadness, wondering if the juggler still makes the diabolo, not the other way around.
Is this something to go in deeply, or just let float by? And what are your own opinions about this new axis?

spryoyabe

Re: Bearing axis - Need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »
i think you mean bearing axle :-D
They are not really that new so this idea of "if the juggler still makes the diabolo" has come up before. I think one of the points that always seems to come up is that it is all about preference. Different axles will be better for different tricks. But personally, I like bearings. I use my sundia shining triple bearing diabolos and I even decided to take the sundia fly cups and put them together with a triple bearing. I use them for 1d, 2d, and 3d. But then sometimes i will use my sundia suns(fixed axle) for 3d. So I would have to say I like bearing more, but again it all depends on the diaboloist.