Author Topic: DiabolosUsa.com  (Read 2830 times)

Rafi

DiabolosUsa.com
« on: July 13, 2011, 11:31:06 pm »
http://www.diabolosusa.com/

Hey Guys—

Has anyone ever used this site to order equipment? I've never heard of it before, and spoke to a couple friends who hadn't heard of it either.  They do however, have both the g3s that I need to match my current set and good string at the same place.  (Dube has g3s but makes their own string as far as I'm aware).

Have you heard of or used this website? Is it trustworthy?

Thanks,
Rafi

Isei

Re: DiabolosUsa.com
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:28:56 am »
I've never heard of it, but I recognize some of the graphics used on that site, I think.  If I recall correctly, jugglingstore.com used them for a while.  Unless they're an affiliate, I'd be concerned about their legitimacy if only for the fact that they did not make their own graphics.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:33:29 pm »
I also checked out the site. I also wasn't too convinced of its quality, and my example of why is based on the person's classification of diabolo sizes. Its a small thing, but the layout of the page weirded me out. Check it out for yourself - it seems weird to put Finesses as large, and then classify Circuses as a size smaller (never mind that it looks like you'd be paying more than $10 for a diabolo that's a 'size smaller').

Rafi

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:31 pm »
Yeah, I'm a bit sketched out by it too.  I was really hoping it was legit— would have saved quite a bit on shipping by getting both from the same company.

seán_

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:35:20 pm »
if only for the fact that they did not make their own graphics.
I believe those graphics are from the manufacturers, quite a few shops use them.

@Rafi, no idea on the legitimacy of that online shop but I can think of a hundred more lucrative ways of scamming money than targeting the limited US diabolo market. Just not all vendors are going to have a bricks and mortar store and lots of money (or skill) to use anything more than a turnkey website.

If having a g3 is important make sure you check thats what they have in stock not that they haven't updated the site.

edit: I think they might be a yospin affiliate which still doesn't mean they are not legit (no matter what people think about trying to rename diabolos as yospins :P)

gir

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »
I got sticks from that website once and had no issues with payment or delivery. That was a couple years ago though.

Rafi

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:22:58 am »
Hmm.  Based on GIR's post I e-mailed them with no response, then tried to call them and just got a fax machine.  I'm guessing if they were legit, they don't exist anymore.

Does anyone know if there are any companies around that still have red finesse G3s?  If I don't hear back on this topic I'll make a new one for that.

Rafi

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 06:01:09 pm »
If anyone was curious, I got through to them.  The guy said that they are struggling to continue functioning, and that they are out of Finesse G3s (so don't update their website). 

Still hunting for a red finesse g3!

doctordee

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:29:05 pm »
Rafi, not sure if this helps or if you already havent tried:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=diabolo&x=14&y=17

Sorry I'm in the uk so I'm limited to what I can search for.

Rafi

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 03:21:33 am »
I actually just ordered the only red g3 I could find from any store on the internet.  It was on amazon.co.uk, so I'm having it delivered to a friend in London who will in turn ship it to me.  There was some G3s on Amazon (US) but the company affiliates that were popping up as the ones selling them had already told me directly that they were completely out of G3s, so that didn't seem very logical.  I'm guessing Amazon just hasn't updated their "finesse" product description.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 04:11:56 am »
the store is from the famed yospin website that tried to market diabolos as hip toys with a little endorsement from tim ellis.

if i remember correctly yospin was a legitimate company, and yeah, its probably benificial for you to email them.
can't believe its not butter