Author Topic: Wrong weight?  (Read 1225 times)

TrammiV02

Wrong weight?
« on: August 19, 2011, 01:05:51 pm »
Hi, I have got a little weight problem when it comes to my sticks. Now this have happend to me many different times.

For Christmas I got two taibolos at weight 255g and some light weight sticks at 20g per stick.(actually we bought taibolo carbon, but they sent the wrong, and it was pretty expensive and I didn't know the first months)

Before I got them I had two diabolos at 175g (very little weight..) and Henry's alu and I was very used to this gear.So when I got my taibolos and the new stick it was pretty unusual, but I got used to it. That was half a year ago.

And yesterday I bought some Extreme silicon stick(45g per stick), and this was very, very weird. Usually when I do a mini-genoicide the stick spin in a very fast speed, but with the extremes it was so hard! So as I did when I had the little weight sticks I started from the top, first get used to a suicide, then a chinese suicide and so on. It worked pretty well, but again when I try mini-genocide or tomicide, it just doesn't work!
When I see everyone else here one diabolo.ca and youtube, the sticks look so light and easy to learn some intregals tricks with. Is it like they are used to it or the diabolos? I really want a well balanced weight on the stick that I can use with everything.(suicide, 2d tricks and 3d practise)

Should I keep practising and practising with the new stick and get used to it, stick to my old, or something else? Please help me with my problem :)

Jem

• VotW Contributor
Re: Wrong weight?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:58:53 pm »
Years ago I purchased some extremes and had the same problem. I've since gone back to carbons and have always found them more preferable. Having said this, you can get used to the weight of the extremes and once you do, you'll probably find it easier to learn the more complicated suicide variations because the sticks move more slowly. Personally, I prefer the rapid response times of carbons but I recommend you try and get used to the extremes so you're able to make an informed decision yourself.

TrammiV02

Re: Wrong weight?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:34:11 pm »
Would it be easier if I got shorter string?