Author Topic: Best Diabolo for numbers  (Read 7272 times)

-Eric-

• Donator
Best Diabolo for numbers
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:25:08 pm »
I'm planning on getting new diabolos for juggling 2 and 3 diabolos and wonder whats the best kind. Right now I'm leaning towards getting 3  sundia fly long bearing diabolos. but I don't know how good that is for 2-3 diabolos. Right now I have a generic diabolo and a Revolution diabolo with a bearing. I'm wondering if bigger or smaller diabolos are better for juggling 2. I don't want a plastic diabolo but a hybrid or rubber one is great and I prefer a bearing. The reason I want the Fly is because I am just starting performing and thats the only large bearing diabolo I could find in my budget. I;ve heard good things about the Finesse but I need something that spins for a looong time and I can't afford buying the evolution kit for the finesse. Please help me out! Thanks.

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Best Diabolo for numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:25:59 pm »
I'd get non-bearing diabolos for learning 2 and 3. If you learn with bearings you may develop habits that don't translate to normal diabolos. Conversely, learning with normal diabolos will let you transfer your skills to bearing diabolos fairly easily.

Flys are fairly hard and plasticy, which you mentioned you were trying to avoid.

I'd go with any of the major brands. They're all good for 1 diabolo and multiple diabolos. Maybe these questions will help you decide:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=6524.msg78444#msg78444

Mushi98

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »
i would suggest getting a sundia sun or a taibolo v2 (not the glary type).
they are just the best in my opinion, and a lot of people among the best use them (all those crazy-ass asians and frenchies use taibolos, and they do crazy 3d feeds, and 4&5d low)

spryoyabe

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »
I also highly recommend taibolos(even the glary ones. I think they are great). I personally learned 2d and 3d with sundia and taibolo bearings and have no problem applying my technique to fixed axles but I guess its different for everyone Sean :)

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:19 pm »
Thanks for the feedback :-D . I actually learned with fixed axle and transfered to bearing like you said, Sean, and the main reason I prefer bearing is because my fixed axle was generic and it's longest spin time was maybe 10 seconds. I have no other experience with a fixed axle.

I need to be able to go from trick to trick to trick without taking time in between to speed it up. I've also heard that it's harder to wrap a fixed axle but I don;t know if that's true. I did research on fixed diabolos and I'm not sure if I should get the finesse g3 or g4, taibolo v1/v2, or the sundia sun. I'd like as much spin time as possible, and something good for learning 2 diabolos. I don't think weight matters too much as long as it's not dragging my arms down. Thanks

spryoyabe

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:11 pm »
you honestly cant go wrong with any of them. they are all great for multiple diabolos.  Personally, if you are going with a fixed axle, i would go with the taibolo V2's.

Also something to keep in mind... in general, the heavier the diabolos, the more stable they are when spinning and the longer they spin.

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 12:06:33 am »
Thanks. I think I'm gonna get the Taibolo V2. Is this a good deal on it? http://www.yoyosam.com/p-801-taibolo-super-diabolo.aspx

spryoyabe

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 12:20:11 am »
Yes that's a pretty good price. You could also go to http://www.taibolo-usa.com/shop.html and get the fixed axle taibolo v2 for $42. Even though its a little cheaper, I strongly suggest you order from yoyosam. They have great customer service and it is good to build a nice relationship with them especially if you want to order from them in the future. They also give tons of discount codes on facebook and after you build a good relationship with them they find ways to save you money such as giving even more discounts, fixing your diabolos(i once asked if they could change my axle and they gave me a whole new diabolo and only charged me for the axle!), and free 2-day priority shipping. I advise that you order over the phone if you can and ask for Mike. Good luck and hope you like the taibolos!

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:19 am »
Ok I'll order from yoyosam. Thanks for all your help and hopefully i'll be juggling my new taibolos in no time. :-D

spryoyabe

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:47 am »
no problem  :-D

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 01:17:48 am »
oh, wait one more thing. I see in the pictures that the axle is kind of short. Will this affect my stick grinds at all? An can you finger grind with it? And what's the best bearing diabolo for 2d juggling under $50? How is  the Taibolo V2 with a bearing?

spryoyabe

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 01:49:33 am »
stick grinds should not be affected. but finger grinds will be harder with a fixed axle. not because the axle is short, but because finger grinds with fixed axles a just naturally harder than with bearings.

Now with bearings I have a couple suggestions. Bearings are personally my favorite. I would recommend these bearing diabolos: taibolo V2 bearing, Taibolo Glary bearing, and Sundia Shining Triple Bearing. Since you are looking for bearings under $50, the sundia shining triple bearing might not be the best choice since they tend to cost around $60. But I can tell you that I have 2 taibolo V2 bearings and 2 Taibolo Glary Bearings. Both of these are amazing! If you like slightly heavier diabolos, get the taibolo V2 bearing . If you like a lighter diabolo, get the glary bearing diabolo. They are both wonderful for 2d in my opinion. I do both 2d and 3d with all of these diabolos. Also if you are looking to save money get the Glary Bearing diabolos. They will only cost you $38.  The V2's will cost you $47 but they are worth it. Overall in your case, being a beginner in 2d/3d play, I would advise you to get the Taibolo Glary Bearings.

P.S. If you decide to spend a little more money, definitely get Sundia Shining Triple Bearings. I have 6 of them and I absolutely love them! Though the taibolo bearing diabolos have a great feel to them, I think the sundia trip bearing is the smoothest bearing diabolo out right now.

Good Luck 8)

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:37 am »
Is there any difference between the glary diabolo and taibolo besides weight? And which do you think would be better for performing.
Thank you :)

spryoyabe

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 04:34:09 am »
The only difference between the two are the cups. The taibolo glary has see through cups and they are very soft. You also have to take really good care of them because they get scratched easily outside. The V2's are more solid and tend to spin a little longer. They are also a little better for 2d/3d high. As for which are better for performances, i think it all depends on looks. Its tough because the glaries look amazing because of their design and their transparency, but the v2s can also look very nice too. What i do to my v2s to improve their appearence for performces is put laser stickers in the cups. They were very popular in asia when i was there, you put them inside the cups and when the diabolo spins it displays certain colors. You can find them on the taibolo usa website. So for performances, it all depends which you feel looks better. Hope this helps;)

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:11 am »
Ok thanks for everything and hopefully this will be my last question: Should I get the 2 Super Taibolos with bearings or without? I like the Super Taibolos better just because I think the cups on the glaries will be too soft, and might lose shape after a year or two. Has that happened to your glaries and how long have you had yours?

Arjan

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »
I'm sorry but what? If you like the Super Taibolo's get them, if you like glarys get those.
But do find it out for yourself, this seems very important to you.

spryoyabe

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »
I have had my glary diabolos for about a year. They have no lost their shape at all for me. A good tip for them is that you should always leave them upright when you are not using them. If you do that then, at least in my case, their shape wont change. As for if you should get a bearing or fixed, it all depends on what you like. Since you said you wanted a diabolo that spins for a longer time, then get the bearing. I am kinda biased since I have always liked bearings more that fixed, but its good to experiment with both. So I would get the bearings for now and then in the future maybe try out a pair of Sundia Suns(I have 3 of them and they are my favorite fixed diabolos).

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:03 am »
I don't really feel like making a new post but would like to hear some peoples comparisons of these diabolos and say there pros and cons for 1d and 2d:
The Finesse 4G
Sundia Sun
Henry's Circus
Taibolo V2
Taibolo V2 with bearings

Thanks

Mediaboy13

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 11:55:28 am »
Hi! Here is what i think from personal experience:

The Finesse 4G - Good for 1 2 and 3 diabolos (best to learn with for multiple diabolos).
Sundia Sun - Good for 1d but too slippery for multiple diabolos.
Henry's Circus - Pretty good for 1d haven't used for multiple diabolo use.
Taibolo V2 - Taibolos are great for 2 and 3 diabolos as they were designed for multiple diabolo use (glarys are almost the same)
Taibolo V2 with bearings - haven't used them (probably good for 1d like most bearings, but don't learn 2 or 3 with bearings as you learn bad habits that are hard to get rid of when using fixed axles). I learnt that the hard way.  :-D

Hope this helps (just my opinion)
-Alex ;)
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 05:04:33 pm »
Thanks Alex :)

Do you think the finesse, taibolo (fixed), or sun gets the longest spin time?