Author Topic: Best Diabolo for numbers  (Read 7287 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Best Diabolo for numbers
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »
Honestly, it's a bit silly to think that any of the major diabolo models aren't great for "numbers". Have a look at some videos. Think about what people are doing with the various brands. There are people out there doing 4 diabolos with each of the main models because they prefer that model for numbers.

So, how a Sundia Sun is "too slippery" (really, I have no idea where that thought comes from), or a Taibolo is "designed for multiple diabolo use", I have no idea.

They're all stable. The difference in spin time isn't usually noticeable. I'd be hard-pressed to accurately rank them for spin time. What is true is that they all have a slightly different feel. Some are a bit narrower. Some are a bit lighter. They all look different. Some feel a bit softer on the string. This is all personal preference and the differences are subtle. If you think choosing any one of these main brand models over another is going to affect your learning then you're mistaken.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 10:27:04 pm »
I agree with everything Sean just said. So read that first.

If after everything that people just gave you, you are still wondering which one to get. I think you really should try these all out. So go to juggling festival closest to you and ask people there to try their gear out. That's the best way to know how well the different things suit for you. Everybody has their own opinion and you should make your own.

Every single diabolo has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I have no idea what style of tricks you do so I really can't recommend anything for you. I believe that you can do numbers with every single diabolo model out there, if you are good enough. Preferably you still would use one of major brands given to you. Spin time doesn't really mean that much in diabolo since you can use tricks to speed diabolo up.

My advice is simply just try everything out or trust what people already have said here.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 10:39:10 pm »
Ok thanks. Unfortunately, at my local juggling club, there is only one other diaboloist and he doesn't know what kind of diabolos he has. I have decided to get the Taibolos though, and thanks for everyones help!

Mediaboy13

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 10:43:25 am »
No problem!
And they both get good spin time but i personally prefer the taibolo for good speed, doesn't get tangled and great for numbers.
-Alex  :)
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.