Author Topic: Diabology Dvds  (Read 2042 times)

-Eric-

• Donator
Diabology Dvds
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:54:09 am »
I was about to order some stuff from Higgins brothers and saw their dvds. I have heard great things about the diabology dvds but don't know how current they are. Does anyone recommend a better dvd or book? And also can you look most of the tricks up online nowadays? Also, I'd like a dvd that gives tutorials on up to 3d.
Thanks

(I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this but forgive me if there is already a topic on this)

Arthur

Re: Diabology Dvds
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:36:21 am »
Diabology is great! Video help is much more usefull than a book. The DVD is a bit dated, but that doesn't realy matter though. Since I don't know your skill level I don't know how much use you will have from it, but there are 3D tutorials in it.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:58:38 am »
I think Diabology is still the best all-around backgrounder on modern diaboloing. Some of the highly technical stuff like the 3d, 4d, and integral stuff has progressed a fair bit since then, but what they present is still a solid foundation and then some. You will get bits and pieces from online videos and if you have other diaboloists around at clubs or festivals you may pick up what you're missing there, but otherwise (and even in spite of this) the DVDs could be useful. They're still well-done freestyle videos too.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »
Diabology is the best diabolo DVD there is.
juggling is cool, diabolo is the coolest

luabduch

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »
Diabology is the best diabolo DVD there is.

until now.

Donald the Trekky

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 06:52:26 pm »
- Eric - diabology is really a diabolo DVD collection to have for a diabolist. You may have an overview on there website www.artofdiabolo.com. Of course it is not really new but still the tutorials inside are still useful ! And you can also mix with the videos on YouTube where there is also a lot of good tutorials. If you can afford it, it worth it.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »
Diabology is also a nice bit of diabolo history at this point. It marks a stage when diabolo started to become really popular in the juggling scene and is a nice benchmark to see where the skill level was 6-7 years ago (and in many ways holds up today). In many ways, diabolo's popularity has much to owe to the diabology guys (along with Donald Grant, Matt Hall, Jochen Schell, etc.).