Author Topic: can anyone in the uk give 1 on 1 lessons or no of anyone?  (Read 1942 times)

theprodigyuuk

can anyone in the uk give 1 on 1 lessons or no of anyone?
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:51 pm »
i have been doing diabolo a long time and learnt many tricks but now i feel im not geting any better i can get two going but cant mannage any tricks i can get into vortex and do a bit but not a lot. and wonderd wer i could get some 1 on 1 lessons anywer in england? any help would be great?

Toby

• Donator
Re: can anyone in the uk give 1 on 1 lessons or no of anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:47:53 pm »
Where are you located? There are a number of juggling clubs around the country offering a good opportunity to share tricks and learn with other people. These can be quite small and not all of them have top top level diabolo players going regularly. Another option is conventions. There are many of these across the UK through-out the year. Some are a week long, some are a day long but they normally always have a decent turn out of people with a pretty decent skill level and are really good places to learn new skills as well as meeting other like minded people. Depending where you are you can always arrange meets and tell everyone on here to come along. In terms of 1 on 1 tutition, I'm not sure if I really know anyone who does that but if you let us know where you're based and if you happen to live near any spinners, they may well want to help you out and have someone to spin with.

theprodigyuuk

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »
well im around the leeds area untill the new year. and then come january ill be in the south of england.  but willing to travell about.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 04:16:51 pm »
Leeds has a juggling club a university juggling club, check the jugglindb.com club listing for details. It used to have a pretty strong diabolo contingent (Matt Harper, Zack Turner, Chris Cabry, Dave from Huds etc. but I think that's no longer the case). Check the events listing when you are on the jugglingdb, there is Manchester (this sat), Durham and Leeds conventions coming soon.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:26:54 pm »
Where abouts in the south of England?
Alex abuses flys!

looby

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »
I'm a leeds resident, need to make my way to the leeds club at some point as iv neglected my juggling duties. got a busy month coming up but should be available in a couple of weeks. you also get the benefit of not learning any of this new school bull. i'll teach you proper diabolo and the kind of stuff that makes the opposite sex weep at the knees!

text 'keen' to 80338 :)

seriously though, im about so if you want some juggling time/ a beer let me know
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

theprodigyuuk

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »
Ye that sounds great mate! Beer and diabolo! Well im about wenever. And as I say im in leeds till xmas
feel free to contact me on 07774087047 or just message me! Look
Forward to meeting you.