Author Topic: FDC2012  (Read 4428 times)

samuli

• VotW Contributor
FDC2012
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:01:49 pm »
FDC2012 website is open at www.fdc2012.org /site works also in English. + there's few competitions going on while waiting the FDC2012 to happen. We will host few competitions that will happen at the festival. We announce first of these competitions now to give enough time for all you to participate.

PRE-COMPETITION
QUICK AND EASY DIABOLO VIDEO COMPETITION
Now it is time to take part of FDC2012 video competition. Your task is to make video titled ‘FDC2012, Eräjärvi 9. -12.8.2012 coming soon’ Then post it to youtube/vimeo/JTV (online and visible is good enough) and send link to this video to us. All videos taking part this competition will be linked to FDC2012 website. The video that gets most ‘likes’ wins a cruise on a world famous legendary F-boat, sailing between Sweden and Finland.
Competition is on from this moment and last day to participate is 5.11.2011
Good luck!

the first competition:
1st. DIABOLO MOD CONTEST AT FDC2012

You will need to make your own diabolo from regular items. You are not allowed to use any real diabolo parts while making your own mod! (threaded bolts, nuts, and hardware washers are not counted to be unique diabolo parts).
Best diabolos will get prizes.

Rules:
- All entries must be submitted for judging at the event no later than 5:00 PM Friday, August 10th. Entries should be turned in at the registration desk
- Entries may be by proxy (Someone else can bring your diabolo, however the person entering the diabolo on your behalf must be familiar enough with the diabolo and it’s maker/modder to answer basic questions about the diabolo)
- All entries must be in a small bag or box and have the name, address, and e-mail if available of the person entering
- Written descriptions detailing the features of the diabolo are encouraged (if the judges can’t figure out what you’ve created, or all the important aspects thereof, it’s your fault, not the judges’ So make a list of all the parts, where did you get them etc.)
- The Diabolos will be judged in following criterias: Innovation and creativity (including creative use of materials), Quality, fit & finish, and visual & artistic appeal, not forgetting the Playability.
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

luabduch

Re: FDC2012
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:12:35 pm »
Hi!
about the video competition, can I take part on it living in Brazil?
It's pretty far...

Take care.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:15:34 pm »
Sure you can take part to the video competition even you live in Brazil. I hope that Mr. Mongu is taking part as well. He hasn't really been posting any videos recently.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:04:43 am »
Yea, Brazil is great. Just the boat ticket might be going old sooner than you can get here... Nevertheless,  you can still win it and put it on the wall as a trophy. ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

luabduch

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:46 am »
Marko, the problem is not the distance between Brazil and Finland in time. but in money.
The plane ticket to go there is really expensive...

LV

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:50:55 pm »
Something makes me think about the reggae diabolo videos.... Anyways, I'm not sure if I had too much tricks to participate but wouldn't it be much funnier if it had some kind of a theme? Sooo jealous that couldn't participate in the reggae competition :D (Like I did diabolo back then :S)

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 04:58:27 pm »
Well, :D
Theme video competition is coming to happen too for FDC2012. This pre-competition one is just the quick competition because our prize needs to be used before 20.12.2011. That's why we thought that there's no particular theme on this one, we just thought that somebody would like to win it.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
As Samuli said, there will be more to come ;) We just have to haste this first one out. And yes I will ship the ticket even to Brazil if needed. It's open for everybody.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:01 pm »

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 02:42:34 pm »
Come on people, send in the videos or Tommi will take the cruise. :D

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 03:36:28 pm »
Did I win? If so thank you for the two persons who liked my video. And the one that clicked dislike, no worries, no hard feelings.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 03:49:26 pm »
Now it is official. Tommi won the FDC ****-boat cruise, sailing in the seas between Sweden and Funland. Concratulations!!!

We'll contact you for claiming your prize!

Cheers,
Samuli

LV

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:55:30 pm »
Did I win? If so thank you for the two persons who liked my video.
I think I did :P And congrats, that vertax stuff was really cool as it was at the trick jam :)