Author Topic: Medium or Large for 2D?  (Read 2522 times)

wmjbyatt

Medium or Large for 2D?
« on: December 27, 2011, 07:19:05 am »
So I've been looking to get a pair of fixed axles to learn 2D, and I haven't decided whether to get medium diabolos (either MB Tornados or Henrys Jazzes) or larges.

I know that larges provide better stability, but I understand mediums are a little snappier and more agile.

Whaddya folks think? Also, if I should get a large, which large should I go for?

(For reference's sake, I've gotten pretty damned competent with 1D on a Taibolo Glary)

Egad!

Re: Medium or Large for 2D?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:29:38 am »
Go with the large diabolo.  The four large diabolos that i consider the most "popular" are the finesse, sundia sun, circus, and taibolo pro v2.  the sun, the finesse, and the circus are all heavier diabolos whereas the taibolo is very light, only slightly heavier than a glary.  Being that i prefer heavier diabolos, i would choose one of those three.  Personally, i like suns, so thats what i'm going to recommend, but all four are fantastic diabolos
Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!

Mushi98

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 08:57:40 am »
i would say stick with glary taibolos and get 1 more glary, or get 2 light version suns.
light version suns weight 255 grams, the normal sun weights 275 grams, and the heavy suns weight 290 grams.
the most popular finesses are G3 and G4:
G3 weights 255 grams and G4 weights 275 grams. (you can add weight kits to them, or wide axle kits)
the circus weights 300 grams normally, but there are a lot of different axles that you can buy and put instead of the normal axle to make it lighter, or make the axle wider or make the gap between the cups larger [that is much more comfortable than the normal axle])
I personally think finesses and circuses are bad so i would say not to stick with them (but thats my personal opinion)

dakarv

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:01 am »
finesse and circus = bad?   since when. I have circus now and was thinking about getting finesse  :(

anyway large all the way think everyone will tell you the same, just look at vids of decent people doing two, its all large

Sam 1060

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:32:08 am »
i have 2 G3 N 2 G4 MB finesse and i love them so thats my input, go for a MB

apd.squeaky

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:21:01 am »
If you like the weight of the Glary you can always just get a second one - that's what I currently use, but it's true that they're a bit lighter than other diabolos.  But if you choose not to go with the Glary, I'd suggest a larger diabolo over a smaller one.

martingz

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 02:36:20 am »
i learnt 2d with small arlequin,but for tricks i think that finesse or taibolo are the best.i used circus but they  were too hevy.but if you practice you can do tricks with all kind of diabolos.beach diabolos from henrys are cheap and nice (weight 250gr) :)