Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2011  (Read 8328 times)

The Void

Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2011
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 10:58:45 pm »
Hmm, that's shrunk a bit, I can make a better version for JTV....
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

spryoyabe

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 11:11:25 pm »
Go for it Void. I was just about to ask if anyone thinks they could make a better copy for jtv.

The Void

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 11:16:22 pm »
Uploading a 640x480 version, made from the Vimeo download.
http://www.jugglingdb.com/compendium/media/compressing.html

Max, do you have a JTV account? If not, sign up, and I'll put the video into your account.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

maxmaestro

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 11:20:24 pm »
ya sure i'm maxmaestro in that too, thanks. and i'll be sure to read that.

spryoyabe

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »
I deleted the one I uploaded so there is only 1 copy on JTV. Again, great video Max! :-D

wxyzsupermod

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 12:16:44 am »
anyone know the trick that the guy 3:30 in does when he stars with both sticks out of hand crossing each other if you have or can make a video on how to do it that would be even better

The Void

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:37 am »

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 11:47:04 am »
Tim, Folkert, and Aemkei (?) :-*

Oh and Mario is awesome aswell. And so is Ceri-Anne.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 04:14:54 pm »
The tricks are great, I especially like Alistair's part, had the same concept in mind, but wasn't able to kick it with the 2. Plus I thought it would not be possible, because of the string friction and so on. Now I know better!  8)
But I miss a lot of people this year, looking at you William and all the other sexy diabolists  :-*
Btw, what's that with the ugly black frame around the vid? This, the fact that is isn't HD and the half-hearted names dissappointed me a little, though. Still glad that someone did the job, I am proud to be a part of it  :)

Mario

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »
To be honest, I also have mixed feelings about this years collaboration video. The editing isn't anything special and the quality isn't that good either. But there are some brilliant tricks and ideas and it's great to see some new faces every year. Besides, it's great that there were so many german submissions this year. I'm already looking forward to the next collaboration.

btw. Aemkei's real name is Kevin and Reutlingen is the City where he's from.

@ Marijn, thanks!

maxmaestro

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »
i'm sorry about any of the names i did my best and did check over them, not to make excuses but i'm just quite dyslexic and with names that are not farmiliar to me i guess i just dont recognise the mistakes... about the quality, there werent enough hd videos to stick solely with HD and what sort of community are we if we exclude people upon what camera's they use? i kept the video's at the screen size they came in solely so as not do stretch and distort any that were already at low quality... and sorry about the editing i just gave it my best shot and the way i see it if i didn't take it up no one else was offering...

but well done for everyone who submited video's would have been nice to see more but im sure many people were busy over the xmas period.
and just like to say there were some wicked tricks in there.
and thats what matters i thought

Kimiko

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:55 pm »
serio serio!

Christl

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 09:49:06 pm »
It's wonderful to see a collaboration video, although it's by far not compareable with the masterpiece of last year. Same at diabolotreff.de. I also didn't think the music had really fixed to the video although I like it! (I have used Moving to New York for an own video). But the submissions were nice and I'm very glad to see all the feminine participators! On the other side, I have to admit my foolery to submit such a bad video clip. I thought naively it would be out of question which of the submissions was the best. This one was the worst, in my opinion..^^ But well, I'll do better next time.
Thank you for all the work, Max!

Wis

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:02 pm »
In my opinion you shouldn't apologize Max. Seriously, you did a great job. The problem with public things is that are susceptible to be judged. As you've probably heard before, the only people that are never mistaken are the people who don't do anything. Get as many useful feedback from the critics, but don't feel sorry, you did your best, and it is really good.
Cheers

EDIT: I think most of the people feel like me about the length: 9 minutes - faaaaaaaaaaaair enough. More submissions might have done it too long
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »
I really lked this 2011 collab. Things change. This is how 2011 looked like for diabolo.ca

Huge thank for making it and keeping collabs going on.

So who's up for collab 2012? Better to start planning it early. ;)
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 07:44:51 pm »
Yes! Let's plan the next one already! ;) In any case we should consider starting just a little bit earlier this year...

Anyway, I liked most of the video. I particularly enjoyed the tricks by Nico, Folkert, Kevin (Aemkei) and Looby. And as most people I'm also happily surprised at how many girls are in the video!

Oh and Wis, thank you. :)

apd.squeaky

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 04:56:25 am »
You did a great job, Max, really.  I enjoyed all 9 minutes of it.

And well done, participants.  I, too, was happy to see so many girls :)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 10:11:24 am »
I'd also like to thank Max. People will always compare, but you made the effort and must have put quite some time into the project. So thank you for that.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Lily

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:28 am »
I 've been away from diabolo for a quite now, but i could not just post a comment here to say "WOW"!
Another year another successful video! And with many new faces too! Glad you continue making these collaborations videos!
Regards from Greece!
Diabolo in Athens is like the sea turtles: you can't say they are extinct, as there are a few left..

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 10:24:23 pm »
It's great to see so many new faces and so many girls this year. Big thanks to Max for stepping up to the enormous task and keeping the tradition alive.