Author Topic: which sticks  (Read 1999 times)

tyson_11

which sticks
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:39:44 am »
My only pair of sticks just snapped and i'm going to get a new pair tomorrow, they were mb xtremes but the only shop around doesn't have any more. I think there are only henry's carbon (short), geko sticks and possibly henry's aluminum. i mainly practice with 3 diabolo's but still do a little with 1 and 2. can anybody recommend which they think would be the best for me to get? thanks in advance.

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
Re: which sticks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:18 am »
Henrys alu all the way!

Mushi98

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:47:28 am »
it depends;
you say you dont go a lot of 1d and 2d, which means the weight of the sticks doesnt matter (it really matters for most people doing integrals).
you are pretty new for diabolo (1 year +-) and you will start getting into integrals in the next few months (thats what happens for most diaboloists)
if you are 100% sure you wont try integrals, get henrys alu, they are nice and stiff.
if you think you will get into integrals soon, get henrys carbons.
you can always order extremes from oddballs.com or other shops, or just learn integrals using alu sticks (some people prefer them for that)
i prefer carbons because they are just pure awesomeness  8)

tyson_11

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:28 pm »
Thanks Eyal. Just the sort of advice i was looking for. I'm definitely still gonna get more xtremes but carbons sound like a good choice for now. It was just today actually that i was thinking about trying out some integrals etc so good timing. Also are xtremes still good for integrals? What are the pro's and con's, and also can anybody recommend some good integrals or tutorials to look at for beginning? Thanks again guys.

Sam 1060

which sticks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 02:58:25 pm »
Is there a Difference between MR  B xtream carbon or MB B carbon sticks I have xtream carbon n they are top I use them for everything

I also have Henry's alu ones but they hurt if u don't catch them properly

jhonzon

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 12:38:19 am »
i don't think mister babache xtreeme carbons exist. they are cold mister babache xtreem aluminium's. the difference between those and the carbons sticks is the weight. xtreems are a lot heavier. and the handle is made of silicone instead of.... i don't what the carbons have in the handle =P.
from there it comes to personal preference if you like heavier or lither sticks. i have had both and i have a mixed opinion about them i think they are both great whit their cons a pros

Sam 1060

which sticks
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:44:40 pm »
R thanks when everyone said xtreems I just for they were carbon
Thanks