Author Topic: Japan National Diabolo Competition  (Read 5549 times)

spryoyabe

Japan National Diabolo Competition
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:20:06 pm »
The Japan National Diabolo Competition will be on ustream live today, February 25th, and early tomorrow the 26th(but in Japan it is just the 26th). It will be on during the following times (note that these are the times for those here on the east coast of the US.)

11:00 PM~ 1 diabolo
12:30 AM~ 2 diabolos
1:30 AM~ 3 diabolos
2:30 AM~ exhibition

Here are the times in Japan for when it will be airing so that those who don't live in the US can convert it:

13:00~ 1 diabolo
14:30~ 2 diabolos
15:30~ 3 diabolos
16:30~ exhibition

Here is a list of all the scheduled competitors:

And here is the Ustream link:
http://www.ustream.tv/user/JapanDiabolo

Hope you all tune in!

spryoyabe

Re: Japan National Diabolo Competition
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »
For those who did not tune in here is a little recap of some of the notable performances.

1D:
Hiroki Kamei- Had an absolutely amazing performance filled with a array of tough and creative vertax moves.
Humitaka Hino- Great overall performance, executed beautifully and had a nice little bit of vertax.
Norihumi Kobayashi- Another vertax themed performance. I had never seen him before so i was thoroughly impressed.
Hiroki Abe- Had many creative sting and slack tricks that I haven't seen before. The crowd seemed to really be behind him
Aoi Nonaka- One of my favorite performances. Very smooth and executed flawlessly.

2D:
Hiroki Kamei- Came back with another impressive performance which included some of the tricks we saw in his 2d/3d vertax video.
Eiji Kurasawa- An Arjan-esque peformance with some very risky tricks. Exacuted well and even though he did have a few drops, this was one of my favorite 2d performances.
Hiroki Abe- Very fast paced performance that got the crowd going again.
Takuto Nagasaka- A fluid performance with very few mistakes. He has a very cool style to his tricks.
Maki Toujou- Always a favorite, Maki came out with some crazy creative tricks at super fast speed to surprise the crowd.
Ryota Hashimoto: A cool performance that included some sick behind the back tricks. Also incuded one of the best trick attempts of the category when he tossed 1 of the 2 diabolos on his right hand and then had it role up his arm and down the other side in an attempt to have it land back on the string straight into a shuffle. Too bad it just missed the string  :'(

3D: A fairly disappointing category to say the least. It seemed like a lot of the contestants just were not comfortable with 3d.
Hayato Watanabe: Many risky tricks that resulted in drops but he showed some great creativity.

After all three categories, Arata was filmed for about half an hour where he just demonstrated his skills. Then Arata gives a 3d/4d performance at around 33:00 (I still don't know why he didn't compete) and after this some other diaboloists performed as an open stage kinda deal. The video is still up and I encourage you all to take a look. These diaboloists are absolutely incredible and there performances show it. Here is a list of the performances in order:

Arata Urawa
Hayato Watanabe
Tetsunori Saito
Aoi Nonaka
Juggling Team (including Arata and Eiji)

After all the performances the winners were announced.

Here is the link to the video:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20707399

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:17:48 am »
Thank you for these! Sadly the live stream came with such a short notice that I couldn't watch it. I usually prefer watching live streams if they are possible. Nevertheless I'm sure I'll enjoy the video. It's great to see what kind of contests other countries organize. After all I think only Japan, Taiwan and Finland are currently organizing diabolo contests.

Great job on the contest. Thank you for providing links and info. Now I know what I'll do after the work today...
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:02 am »
Tried to watch the livestream but only saw an empty gym and heard people laughing. Thank yoou for the new link.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 12:07:23 pm »
Some of the performances are making their way to YouTube now:

spryoyabe

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:18:30 pm »
Marko- I completely agree about the short notice. I found out literally the day of the competition from one of the competitors who sent me the link. I wish I could have let everyone know earlier.

Diabolo88- Some of the divisions (1d and 2d) ended a little bit early so during that time no one was performing. That is most likely the time that you tuned in at. Hope you enjoy new link!

Duncan: Thank you for the video. I'll make sure to check in with my friends in Asia to try and find out when other videos of the performances will be coming out.

Also to let you all know, the Japan Diabolo Association is planning to announce details of International diabolo competition in Tokyo soon! I will try to let everyone know as soon as I find out in case anyone will want to go or watch the live stream again.

spryoyabe

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »
Here are the results.

spryoyabe

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 05:24:02 pm »
Here is Hiroki Abe's performance:

spryoyabe

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:11:54 pm »
Here is Fumitaka Hino's 3rd place 1d performance.

spryoyabe

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »
Here is Hiroki Kamei's 1st place 2 diabolo performance. Enjoy!

spryoyabe

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »
Ryota Hashimoto's 2nd place 2 diabolo performance.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 10:59:16 pm »
Shame about the drops. That second btb feedcombo was sick.

Mediaboy13

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 12:18:17 pm »
Thanks for uploading the videos! :)

I really enjoyed Ryota Hashimoto's performance. I think he would have gotton 1st if it weren't for drops.
Hiroki Kamei's performance was also good (but a laggy video).
As much as i like Hiroki Abe, I didn't really like his performance, but I love his diabolo's (does anyone know what kind they are)?
Finally Fumitaka Hino's performance I enjoyed alot but video was still laggy (doesn't matter though  ;)).

Once Again thanks for uploading  :-D

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.