Author Topic: Video to celebrate the 10000th post!  (Read 19946 times)

Arjan

Video to celebrate the 10000th post!
« on: September 03, 2005, 12:20:20 pm »
Dear members and guests,

It feels like yesterday this forum is born.
I could never imagine it growing so fast. Thnx to every single user to stick with this forum! Thanks to both Sean`s for all the work they have done.
Well, to celebrate, here is my new video:

[offline] (WMV 100MB Good quality)

www.tlmb.net/mirror/3Days_4Nights_And_7Diabolos_MQ.mpg (MPG 92MB Medium quality)

I tried to make a video with a lot of different origional stuff.. different music.. different scene. It`s almost 14 minutes long, I hope you will enjoy it, I did the best I can.

Please someone, host these movies if you can?? Martijn maybe?

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 01:35:42 pm »
Arjan, i like it so much.
A lot of new and original stuff there.
Congratulations guy.
Congratulations to diabolo.ca´s 10,000th post and congratulations to all the people who do this forum possible.

MartinV

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 02:33:13 pm »
Great music! Great video! Verry original! Good Idea to start with the errors Gave me a good laugh!
Great stuff with the lights there!
Great movie! Mostly I get bored soon but these 14 minutes went fast :)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 02:33:44 pm »
I think the stats of this forum are pretty amazing.  It started November last year, and has just exploded onto the scene as the place to be for all diabolo related material.  And I'm glad to have been with it since January (though I did read it before then).

As for the video, immense!  Lots of great work there.  Especially like all your transfers into fans and reverse fans.  I keep having trouble following everything you do because I forget you're left handed and everything is backwards, but it hardly seems noticable!

Super stuff,

Chiok
(But where's the hat...?)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 06:10:11 pm »
i agree with you Arjan. i've been reading this forum since last november or december (before i signed up) and that was when there was like one post a day on here.

i'm downloading the video right now, just for the fact that i'm downloading a 100mb file i'd like to give a big thanks to Sean for actually hosting a huge file, you must have a ton of bandwidth allowance buddy ;)

dynamaniac

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 07:13:27 pm »
that light stuff was really cool - how did u pull off the two diabolos moving in suns in different directions? was it two people?

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 07:25:01 pm »
Quote from: dynamaniac
that light stuff was really cool - how did u pull off the two diabolos moving in suns in different directions? was it two people?

yes two people.. I was doing some too and we were walking around and behind eachother

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 08:06:07 pm »
Great video Arjan, you have some killer 2 diab stuff, outstanding!

I barely noticed it was 14 minutes long.

Nice appearances by Ceri-Anne aswell.

Thank you.

Gartok

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 08:14:40 pm »
Really Great. Thank you.

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 08:17:29 pm »
Yeah, wicked to see a lot of your original home-made stuff in one video. I really liked the long combos around those moves you created. Really great to see you went with the flow :wink: Like said before, you sure have personality in your juggling, great style.

The 2d knots, the 2d body moves and 1d stuff is just great. A lot of new stuff for people to work on. You amaze me every time I see you. Nice work!

Neat stuff, keep it coming man. I know you have some more crazy ideas. Awesome. 8)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

eggy900

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 09:15:43 pm »
nice video, who actually got the 100,000th post

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 09:35:47 pm »
Arjan, with this thread. I think...

The Void

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2005, 09:45:29 pm »
Hang on a minute......
"Our users have posted a total of 10015 articles"
but the "Diabolo" forum only contains 9365 posts??

Is there a hidden Moderators forum us mere mortals don't know about? Or are there deleted posts that are being counted?

Whichever, I demand a recount.

The Void
What? "OT"? Oh, uh fair enough.... um... yeah, what they all said: great video, Arjan.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Arjan

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 10:02:13 pm »
Hello everyone!

Thnx on the great comments! I`m glad it turned out well.
Some people found the first "intro" part weird.  It`s just to make a little bit of fun first, and save the good stuff for later ;)

Quote from: The Void
Hang on a minute......
"Our users have posted a total of 10015 articles"
but the "Diabolo" forum only contains 9365 posts??

Is there a hidden Moderators forum us mere mortals don't know about? Or are there deleted posts that are being counted?

Yes there are hidden topics offcourse ;) I just posted on the total messages. I got the 10000th, right after Norbi.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 03:50:05 am »
All I can say is wow.  Your skill at knots (do you have to stop and think about those combos for a while or do you just understand how the string is wrapped around the diabolo so intuitively that you can improvise those sort of things?) and the blind catches (lots of those in the one diabolo section, I hope people appreciate how hard those are.) is absolutely amazing.  Keep up the good work.  The face that you have so much material of original work is more than most people in the world can say right now. Amazing job.

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Arjan

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 09:43:57 am »
Quote from: Sharpes
All I can say is wow.  Your skill at knots (do you have to stop and think about those combos for a while or do you just understand how the string is wrapped around the diabolo so intuitively that you can improvise those sort of things?) and the blind catches (lots of those in the one diabolo section, I hope people appreciate how hard those are.) is absolutely amazing.  Keep up the good work.  The face that you have so much material of original work is more than most people in the world can say right now. Amazing job.

-Nate

Well, about 2 diabolo stall/knot combo:

Most of them are just seperate parts linked together, but in the combination they look better I guess... They aren`t really hard, but you just have to understand what happens when you pull wich move.

I like the 1 diabolo combo`s, will make some more in the future.

Thnx!

busk

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 10:04:19 am »
you rule boy! 8)

i liked very much  the anger expressed with suns behind the back :shock:

JC

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 11:27:13 am »
fine combos, especially I like the ones with 1d from you and Cherie-Ann, also the locations and the background be in line.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Mattias

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 11:37:21 am »
Amazing, definately top3 video in my library of 4,5GB of diabolo videos.

Best I've seen in a long time. The surroundings in this video is the most beautiful ones I've seen in a diabolo video. Keep up the great stuff!
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

jelen

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 12:49:29 pm »
really great, I love the whole lot of it, from the begginning to the end, really good combos!!