Author Topic: What would be good for a talent show?  (Read 2959 times)

Purincake

What would be good for a talent show?
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:28:24 am »
My school is having a talent show, and I'm trying to plan out my act, but I'm not sure which tricks I should do. I'm not particularly good, I haven't gotten much practice in lately and I'm not even sure if I'm doing it right. Someone please reply soon.

Sam 1060

What would be good for a talent show?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »
How do u mean ur not sure if ur doing it right n a video of what u got so far would help
I have read somewhere on here that high throws and suns are good crowd pleasers

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: What would be good for a talent show?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:04:21 am »
Include only tricks that you are 100% safe in. The philosophy of a good performer is "Make easy tricks look hard, and make hard tricks look easy". Any trick like high throws, suns, elevator, around the leg/arm and such are good crowdpleasers. Suicides work great too if you're safe in them. If you can do 2d sprinklers, they are going to amaze them. As long as you include safe, spinny and flashy tricks you'll do fine. No need to include wild 3d siteswaps, since Mugglers won't notice how hard they are. Try to show your tricks to family members or friends and ask them if they look nice.

Build up your performance so that you start with easy and mild tricks, then go bigger and more flashy during your performance. That's a pretty safe way to do this.
-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Purincake

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:57:47 am »
How do u mean ur not sure if ur doing it right n a video of what u got so far would help
I have read somewhere on here that high throws and suns are good crowd pleasers

When I say I'm not sure if doing it right is the fact that whenever I try to throw it (besides a cradle) it always seems to trail off forward, which makes me have to go after it, and makes me look really bad.

Include only tricks that you are 100% safe in. The philosophy of a good performer is "Make easy tricks look hard, and make hard tricks look easy". Any trick like high throws, suns, elevator, around the leg/arm and such are good crowdpleasers. Suicides work great too if you're safe in them. If you can do 2d sprinklers, they are going to amaze them. As long as you include safe, spinny and flashy tricks you'll do fine. No need to include wild 3d siteswaps, since Mugglers won't notice how hard they are. Try to show your tricks to family members or friends and ask them if they look nice.

Build up your performance so that you start with easy and mild tricks, then go bigger and more flashy during your performance. That's a pretty safe way to do this.
-Tipper

I kinda...can't do 2D. I've been at this for years, and I think I've only just scratched the basics of 1d.

skywalker

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 06:44:15 pm »
Elevator
Infine suicide
If you can - whips
Sun Combo with diffrent levels (Front Back Front Left Big Sun Right Front for example)
Only orbits in leg or one hand - is boring - need combo

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 08:31:57 am »
Probably don't do it. Practice more. It might really put you off if you do it, and as you say 'makes me look really bad'.
Alex abuses flys!