Author Topic: Diabolo.ca direction, improvements, sugestions etc. -BJC Meeting report  (Read 11330 times)

Sam 1060

Diabolo.ca direction, improvements, sugestions etc. -BJC Meeting report
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »
I personally like them ideas. Maybe if it wasn't votw it was totw (trick of) and then have a separate one for votw to encourage both videos and individual tricks.

Mediaboy13

hello guys. i left it a while before commenting because i wanted to read everything else first (took me ages...) but yeah. i have two ideas.

firstly i was wondering if w could have a sort of video concept page. a bit like the home page in the way that it would show video after video. and this could be used for if anyone has an idea. or has just found a trick but doesn't feel they have enough other tricks to make a full sized video (it's happened to me...) this might also help VOTW. i dont know how technically possible that is but it would be good.

secondly. would it be possible to make a comment box under the videos on the home screen so if we just want to say "great job. liked the trick at 1:45" or what ever its just easy and accesible. and more people would comment. (on that topic. can people just try and make more of an effort to comment. its a bit discouraging if you're posting videos and you get no response. even if your comment is just a simple "well done could work on you suns" or anything like that.)

also, dunno if it would work, but possibly a like button for comments and videos. could even use the likes to show the most popular video or something.

well those were just a few ideas...

thanks
max
I agree with the first idea Max said as I have been having multiple new ideas for tricks which could be used for VOTW or not. The second paragraph though i think is a little bit pointless. Thats pretty much what the "Reply" button is for (and youtube/juggling TV) if people want to comment they should just go to the site of original video upload or reply to the post. Finally, yes it is dissapointing not to get comments on videos  :(.

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

maxmaestro

ya the comment box idea was more for when you're on the home page (or the new tricks page idea if that happens) and you just want to post something  quickly instead of  changing page and stuff. i dunno but sometimes i just cant be bothered. (dont really like linking it to fave book) but on facebook its so easy to comment on stuff. like just write and press enter, if you had to go to a new page to write a comment every time you wanted to comment on a picture. people would comment way less...

Sam 1060

Just been looking at d.ca with my phone and noticed there is a who's online, every time I look there is like 30 or so guests on the site and only 3/4members.  So is there a way you would be able to restrict there use until they are signed up. This way there would be more members and more posts.

Mediaboy13

Just been looking at d.ca with my phone and noticed there is a who's online, every time I look there is like 30 or so guests on the site and only 3/4members.  So is there a way you would be able to restrict there use until they are signed up. This way there would be more members and more posts.
I like that idea. You can also see whos on with a computer and who has been on in the last 15 minutes, most users on today and most users online ever. Back before i signed up i thought there was a restriction thing though  :o. Great idea anyway.
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Sam 1060

Diabolo.ca direction, improvements, sugestions etc. -BJC Meeting report
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 11:19:48 am »
If any guest does read this then sign up and have your say it's free and simple