Author Topic: Diabolo Accidents or Injuries  (Read 8705 times)

-Eric-

• Donator
Re: Diabolo Accidents or Injuries
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 05:11:40 am »
or when your string is to old and you spin your diabolo to fast it rolls up quickly and hits you in the face xd
That happens to me often  :'(
Once it hit me pretty hard and i had a cut curving around my eye and a black eye for about a week

Also, people often think I am depressed because I have cuts on my wrists almost all of the time from practicing around the arm combos, but nope, I just diabolo :D

Mediaboy13

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 03:00:35 am »
That happens to me often  :'(
Once it hit me pretty hard and i had a cut curving around my eye and a black eye for about a week

Also, people often think I am depressed because I have cuts on my wrists almost all of the time from practicing around the arm combos, but nope, I just diabolo :D
When people call you emo :( haha doesn't happen often, but they probably can't even get a diabolo started  ;)
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

doctordee

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 10:38:48 pm »
Read this post earlier and thought how lucky I am never to hurt myself whilst with the diabolo, have rearranged my man bits on many occasions with poi's though. So back to the story, wifey bought me fire diabolos for being a good boy, wee bit of practice before lighting them. Well the rims are sharp and it now looks like I have been attacked by a cat, my arms are a mess.

matthew27135

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 07:36:20 pm »

whats worse is when people see people that are depressed and don't do anything about it because they think they diabolo  :o
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly

Mediaboy13

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 10:12:03 am »
whats worse is when people see people that are depressed and don't do anything about it because they think they diabolo  :o
http://alltheragefaces.com/face/angry-no

I don't think anyone has thought about a real depressed person and said "they must diabolo" haha
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Mathias P.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 04:14:35 am »
Hey the "Wieners of pain" Vid on my Channel got some stuff in it. So beware. Nothing serious, but worth to mention.

There you go:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGotC8V-wEnTs9nVZLL9Q/videos

Feel with me... ouch!

Mathias P.
PeAcE

TomasCZ

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 08:45:01 pm »

I also have this problem xD

Bobbo

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:38 pm »
Two weeks ago I was doing circus skills on a camp.

Done a minetti whip and and hit myself in the face during the sun. Friend took a photograph so I could see earlier, was expecting blue and saw red (cut my lower eyelid slightly). Didn't break my glasses though!

ASamJ2K

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »
I was just accelerating my diabolo and wrapped so fast and so hard that hurt my arm so badly that I was on the ground for forty-five seconds, another wrap story I was doing two  one of theme wrapped up other went flying into my face left a starch on my forehead but it disappeared in 5 days.
Diabolo lets me be me

Jlluna87

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 08:50:14 pm »
Well today is one of those days off that I rarely get and I don't know about you, but I'm still loving every minute I have with this. Only had this for about 3-4 weeks so I can kind of see why.WELL...I have been outside for the last 6 hrs playing around with magic knots. Discovered it to be an awesomely easier way (for me) to get into darkside followed by genocide...which I'm working on chaining a mini g in after that. I decided to play around with the full release of the magic knot, and got behind the back with catch pretty good. My buddy (Who is also my Poi mentor, I'm kind of his Diabolo mentor) decided to throw out the idea of throwing off the string from under the leg and catching it. Hell why not. Sounds like a good idea to me. After about 10 minutes of working on getting it to unwrap under the leg, not fully succeeding, I say to myself "Screw it, I'm just gonna go for it and not think about it". This mentality has worked for me before when working with Mini-Gs. Well Here I go. I start by throwing it in the air, catch and into a backside wrap. From here I accelerate with chinese acceleration, I believe it what it's called, to get up some speed. After I have a good amount of speed going, I fling the diabolo up and around the right stick and catch the string as it's coming back down the outside. As the diabolo is completing its circle and catching the underbelly of the string, I shift my arms to position to get ready to throw under the leg. The Diabolo catches perfectly, my arms are in the right spot, there is no wobble and its coming back around and flowing perfectly to go under the leg, and it does! To make it even better, the knot came undone just as I planned! Well, as I was watching it do it's thing, I got so into the fact that everything was going the way I was wanting it to, that I forgot to remove my face from the throwing point of the diabolo. So as the it comes off the knot, BAM! Straight into upper lip. Of course because of this...I didn't get to complete it :( Gonna give it a break for an hour or 2 and come back. lol. Hopefully I remember not to get to caught up in the fact that the trick is going the the way I want, and to focus on the next move.