Author Topic: 陳玠竹(Chén Jiè Zhú) 4d low (Possible world record?)  (Read 3936 times)

spryoyabe

I found this video of 陳玠竹(Chén jiè zhú) floating around and I thought I might upload it to my personal YouTube channel so all of you could see it. It is a video of him doing what I believe is his longest 4d low run. Someone brought up that it might be a world record but I am not sure about that. The run is roughly 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Enjoy!

Mediaboy13

Re: 陳玠竹(Chén Jiè Zhú) 4d low (Possible world record?)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:08:20 am »
Wow that is awesome!
Do you know how old he is though? Because he looks only around 10-12.
But i'm pretty sure Ofek Shilton holds the "official" world record for 4D, 4D under the leg and maybe 5 high. Just checked on the records page:
Ofek holds the record for 4D under the leg and   Jack Chen holds the record for 4D endurence (52 seconds). http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=8172.msg96779#msg96779]

Thanks for posting  :-D!
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »

But i'm pretty sure Ofek Shilton holds the "official" world record for 4D, 4D under the leg and maybe 5 high. Just checked on the records page:
Ofek holds the record for 4D under the leg and   Jack Chen holds the record for 4D endurence (52 seconds).
The records page is really outdated. The last filmed record of 4d is somewhere between one minute and 1:10 by Guillaume, and around 5-10 people by now, including ofek, can do 4 around the leg longer (that video is 3 YEARS OLD). Ofek definitely has the 5d high record.
Sorry for my awful posts years ago. I was even more anal and un-self-aware than i am now.

Mediaboy13

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:47:40 am »
Okay, some of the records i saw seemed old our outdated.
Im' not suprised Guillaume had the record, he is a beast and i remember seeing Ofeks record for 5 high on youtube. Does anyone know if Etienne holds the official record for 5 low?

-Alex

§SoRa§

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 07:00:44 am »
I think its the world record because the old world record was broken by Robin with 1:05 (Bois de 20-Scènes 2#). The 4low under the leg record was broken by William Wei-Liang Lin with 22 catches (林韋良 Wei Liang Lin Video).

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:16:38 am »
Guys nobody cares, if anyone holds a diabolo world record or not. Ok I admit, it might be a nice ego boost but if Ofek, Etienne, Chén Jiè Zhú or anyone else holds the official 4 low record is unimportant.
All their runs are great and besides that, it is pretty hard to argue, if someone else is a better player or not. I have seen the French guys doing amazing stuff at the last year's EJC and all the crazy Asian guys aswell. It is hard to distinguish, who can do the crazier tricks or runs. Etienne has not filmed something in ages and rumours say that Tony Frebourg has now a quite solid 5d high pattern but not on tape, aswell.
Diabolo is a team thing, in my opinion!

Mushi98

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:34:17 am »
First of all - i totally agree win Tim: who cares about diabolo world record?
just to make things clear:
4d low record was by guillaume of like 1:06/1:07min if i remember correctly, and Chen Jie Zhu broke the record just now.
4d around the leg is really nothing to care about...
5 high official record is by ofek of like 50 something catches, but i do believe tony has his pattern close to solid by now... i remember he did the 5up 360 and the 66661 like almost 2 years ago on youtube (august 2010) so that means his pattern was pretty good back then so imagine how good it is now...
5 low record is either by robin or by another guy i was told about that i dont know his name, that had a better 5 low than robin's, but none of them have a long run out for now...

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 11:28:41 am »
Thread over (period)  ;)

haosone

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:43:45 am »
competition is a good thing... thinking i'm the best isn't... but both gives you power to push your (world) limits over and over... so there is no point to punish reasons of why are you diaboloing... for someone it's fun for someones it's [@#$%]? etc... whatever i ment... fun on the first place...

Sam 1060

陳玠竹(Chén Jiè Zhú) 4d low (Possible world record?)
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 09:48:07 am »
I thought that an updated version of the records topic would be cool.  There would be new records that wouldn't have been set

Mediaboy13

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 10:37:16 am »
I thought that an updated version of the records topic would be cool.  There would be new records that wouldn't have been set
Im going to upload some of my possible records tonight so stay tuned  ;)!
-Alex

martingz

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 09:37:33 pm »
nice run
i think that the best  its to do diabolo for fun, not try to do a world record. :)

Sam 1060

陳玠竹(Chén Jiè Zhú) 4d low (Possible world record?)
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 10:27:49 pm »
I agree, but it's also nice to see how far people can go

Mediaboy13

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:46 am »
I agree and disagree.
Some people do diabolo for fun, as a hobbie or to show off what they can do (make videos).
While others who want be a professional diaboloist or want a goal, try to break or set records.

Sorry for off topic.
-Alex

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 12:28:03 am »
I think this should go to a new thread or maybe in the diabolo records thread.

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7716.100