Author Topic: diabolo string help  (Read 3019 times)

wua05

diabolo string help
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:40:26 am »
i ordered henrys yellow 25 m roll from the jugglingstore.  i just got the box today, but inside, it was a 100 m henrys replacement string roll.  I think that the store made an accident.  the 25m roll was about 15$, and the one they sent is about 30$.  but, i doubt ill ever be able to order anything again, cuz my parents think its a waste of money  :? i know that yellow string is of better quality, but the replacement string has 4x the amount.  when i compare 25m (yello)= 15$, and replacement string divided by 4, so 25m (replacement)= 8$.  

so, should i call the store and have the replace it, or should i stick with the one they sent?

seán_

diabolo string help
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 02:05:37 am »
well the secrets out now anyway so you are going to have to tell them.

Personally I believe they should send you a roll of yellow to make up for the distress of having the white stuff in your house :P

Give tham a bell and see what they plan to do, basically that string is still usable, Trash prefers it, and if they want it back I'm sure they wont put you out of pocket, maybe they'll send you the string you ordered and the postage to send the white roll back and a little something for your trouble.

Matt_

• Donator
diabolo string help
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:21:55 am »
nothing wrong with white string, it just wears out really really fast. and since you got 4x more of the stuff, you can change it 4x as much. so you're pretty much in the same spot ;)

i'd still let em know though. most of the time they dont make you send stuff back, they'll just send you a replacement.

Sinjin

diabolo string help
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 04:38:32 pm »
sorry but when you say a 25m string is that 25meters? Or am i right in thinking its somthing else? :?

Sean

• Administrator
diabolo string help
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 04:43:39 pm »
Quote from: Sinjin
sorry but when you say a 25m string is that 25meters? Or am i right in thinking its somthing else?

yes 25m=25 meters

wua05

diabolo string help
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 03:07:33 am »
just a quick question, what is the difference between the henrys replacement string (default on aluminum sticks) and the blue string (default on wooden sticks)?

seán_

diabolo string help
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 11:10:04 am »
Whats the difference? Ones made of plastic and hurts kids, the other is a famous musician.... oh sorry thats the difference between a G1 and Michael Jackson.

Actually the blue string isn't Henrys and I havent tried It but I dont recall anybody raving about blue string on here either.

bloodxorange

Re: diabolo string help
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:59 am »
I baught a diabolo second hand and 2 brand new henry's diabolos including a kit of sticks and string. The string was white and snapped once. What I was left with was pretty short. Ordering string offline isn't an option for me [live with parents] I can  FIND no string that would be a worthy substitute. I've SEEN what I believe to be a good replacement, Mason Line in the fishin dept. of Walmart, but it costs around 30$ I baught what seemed the next best thing they offered for 6$ but after pracising with it for about 30 seconds it broke on me. I replaced it a few times but still broke. What is a worthy string to find locally? I am really considering cutting up my window blinds to get the string out because it seems precious.

Shaun

• Donator
Re: diabolo string help
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 03:24:44 am »
I am really considering cutting up my window blinds to get the string out because it seems precious.
Instead of cuttng them up, just go to a fabric shop and get some of the same string. Its 30c a metre here.