Author Topic: 3d instants  (Read 26391 times)

Mick Lunzer

3d instants
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2006, 06:54:21 pm »
Thanks for the help. :D  I have lots of reading and viewing to do!

ole

3d instants
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2006, 10:04:52 pm »
Diabolo is for fun, and it must be your own personal business if you wan't to be nice with 1,2 or 3 diabolo when you start. And as many other said, I agree on: Diabolo has no rules! Just enjoy yourself and others playing :).

//ole
Never onstring!

http://www.diabolo.dk - Danish Juggling Site

Martijn

3d instants
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2006, 10:20:05 pm »
But if you DO want to know how to learn stuff technically the 'right' way, you should learn the basics first, then variations, and if you mastered that, you can move on to a next level...

and that's the whole point of this thread. We're not trying to stop youngsters from gettin good, that just sounds ridiculous.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

GbH

3d instants
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2006, 11:39:16 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
But if you DO want to know how to learn stuff technically the 'right' way, you should learn the basics first, then variations, and if you mastered that, you can move on to a next level...

and that's the whole point of this thread. We're not trying to stop youngsters from gettin good, that just sounds ridiculous.

The trouble is, there is no "Right" way.  When I first learned 3low, a load of tricks that people now consider to be basic hadn't even been discovered yet.  Each person needs to find their own path.

tomangleberger

• Donator
3d instants
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2006, 12:19:34 am »
The ironies of this thread continue to bedevil me.

Juggling is an adventure, not a checklist.
Why "should" anybody have to do anything other than whatever seems like fun?

The very idea of looking down on some kid who has taken the time to learn 3 diabolos is outrageous. Any kid who can do 3 -- no make that 2 -- no make that 1 diabolo gets my respect.

It's also funny that some think it's better to have learned dozens of different tricks, rather than focusing on a few highly difficult tricks, such as 3d. In the world of magic, they complain about the opposite.

There's a classic magician's joke about the young hotshot who meets a master magician:

Hotshot: I know 100 tricks!
Master: Really, I only know 5.

madmanjuggler

3d instants
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2006, 02:45:11 pm »

It's also funny that some think it's better to have learned dozens of different tricks, rather than focusing on a few highly difficult tricks, such as 3d. In the world of magic, they complain about the opposite.

Yeah but you wouldnt learn the ambitous card until you got the DL. I think thats the whole point of this thread rather than how many tricks you have got. Plus from my point of view, magicians like to have only a few tricks because there concealing something from an audience, so they need to remember every bit of it and plus, make a short routine around that 1 trick.

Chris

DiaboloWebb

Re: 3d instants
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2006, 09:50:27 pm »
i've been doing diabolo for about 2 and a half months, i got my third diabolo about 4 days ago, i''m trying to learn 3, you would call me and "instant" but i practise a huge range of tricks, i practise the stuff i want to learn, the past few days my goal has been to get 3 diabolo's by christmas (this motivates me alot and gets me in the mood, setting myself targets) but while doing this i practice 2d and 1d tricks aswell, i have about the same trick base as my friend who's been doing diabolo for a good 2-3 years, he only does 2 diabolo's at the moment but we teach eachother stuff, he lands his tricks a bit more than me, but i can still land all of my tricks a good amount of the time, i practice a variety of tricks, suicides, magic knots, sprinklers, suns, fans, grinds, and loads more that i cant be bothered to name, when i picked up the diabolo it took me 30 minutes to learn basic suicide, duicide, elevator, high throw, left hand infinite, whiping and chinese acceleration, when i got into diabolo there was a guy there who was doing 3, all i ever saw him doing was 3 and s-fan + variations, people have differant ways of learning, i learn by challenging myself to things others say would be impossible at my skill level, i want to learn 3 diabolo's as i get alot of money from busking, people in general only have ever seen 1 diabolo high throws, when they see 2 diabolo sprinklers, suicides, suns etc they're impressed and give me money, when they see people doing 3 they give the money to them. i learn tricks when i want to, in the long run it makes no real difference, but gives you an more equal range of 1, 2 and 3d tricks, instead of being awsome at 1d, fairly good at 2d, and average on 3d, it gives you great at 1, 2 and 3d. I've had loads of people saying i'm going too fast.
OK rant over
Aiden
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

one.man.band

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2006, 10:00:20 pm »
I totally agree with you Jacob

Per generally much more impressed by the inventive side of a diaboloist rather than the number of tricks (or diabolos for that matter!) that they can pull off.

I think the key is in joining up the tricks and exploring the bounds of diabolo.
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2006, 11:15:40 pm »
wow I started this thread a long time ago. I think the only thing I was tryin to say (or at least, this is my opinion now) is that starting three earlier than "normal" in your progression of learning may well make it more difficult and frustrating than if you wait a bit to get fully comfortable with 1 and 2. If you don't care, go ahead, do what makes you happy and no one can say anything against you. Anyone should feel completely free to start working madly on three a week into diaboloing. And if you've only been doing it for a few weeks, but you already are comfortable with 2 and 1 (making you a diabolo prodigy), and you're just dying to try three, then go ahead, its not like my opinion or anyone else's should have any effect on what you yourself do/want to do.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Beni

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2006, 05:13:41 pm »
I prefer watching 2d. Even people like Ryo Yabe who are amazing are limited by 3. 2d looks more natural and flowing. I agree that people should really concentrate on 1 and 2 diabolos before moving into 3.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2006, 11:48:11 pm »
I don't :)
Jacob and Nate Sharpe