Author Topic: Diabolo shirt done and for sale  (Read 9414 times)

Punkerpanda

Diabolo shirt done and for sale
« on: September 14, 2005, 04:43:47 am »
After many hours of work I have finally come up with a final design for the t-shirt.

the front

the back

It is alot cheaper if i order a bunch of shirts. If I live in Michigan, USA, but I'm willing to ship anywhere in the world as long as you pay the shipping.
The shirt will most likely cost between 20-25 dollars, and will be black. If you wish to buy one just post here, or if you have any suggestions of what i could improve in the design. I do have a secondary design where everything is in white, but that might not be possible to make. I have yet to hear back from the company i'm ordering from. Personally, I prefer the blue design.

The more people order the cheaper the shirts will get.  I will give it to the end of the week to see how many people wish to buy one, if any which is understandable aswell since this is my first time doing something like this and my friends might all be too nice to tell me it sucks :D

Squiggle

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 04:48:09 am »
what does it say on the back

Punkerpanda

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 04:51:23 am »
Diabolo

Breaking the laws of physics since 3500 B.C.

Squiggle

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 04:53:56 am »
looks pretty cool but i dont got enough cash 4 it

good stuff though

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 05:05:14 am »
i'm in. sign me up :D

the "breaking the laws of physics" piece of kind of weird....is that when diabolos were invented?

Punkerpanda

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 05:14:33 am »
well, i had trouble thinking of a good phrase. and it's speculated that the chinese yoyo was invented between 3000 bc and 4000 bc. so i just picked the middle.

also, the phrase i think goes nicely to the picture because it to non-diaboloists it might seem imposible to do  some of the tricks we can do.
if anybody can come up with a better phrase to go on the back i will be happy to hear it.
When i first showed the 3 diabolo sprinkler picture to my friend who actually diabolos he went: "BS" to actually quote him.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 06:26:45 am »
how about "sprinkler > hyperloop"

only true diaboloists will get that one :P (and i'll probably get crap for dissing the old timer way of saying it)

KaTurN

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 06:35:36 am »
lol its so a hyperloop not a sprinkler

but as for shirts go idk i havent realy look online for any shirts for diabolo do i realy need a shirt? i dont know maybe

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 03:39:22 pm »
If you're only making a few shirts, you should consider just buying iron-on ink jet paper for your printer. You can even get a special iron-on that works on dark t-shirts.
We've made tons of shirts this way — I'm wearing one right now — and it's much much cheaper than having someone do it for you.

Or you could even buy yourself a silk-screen kit from an art supply store. Those shirts will last you forever and it's a lot of fun. I've made a lot of shirts that way, too.

I like your design, by the way. Nice work!

Spooned

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 03:54:54 pm »
Is it a shirt or a t-shirt?
Looks cool though  8)
Diabolo or Diablo

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 07:58:56 pm »
How much for shipping to uk?
Behind your back is your front.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 08:00:37 pm »
i suggest you dont cheap out and do silk screen or whatever, those fall apart. do it right, do it high quality, it's worth it. make a lot of them--we could open up a diabolo.ca store or something :p

Punkerpanda

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 08:32:24 pm »
Spooned: it's a t-shirt, sorry i should have clarified that.

guppygould: shipping to the uk is expensive. i know when i ordered from firetoys.co.uk i payed 17 pounds.  However if you get an order together with a couple of people in your area i can just ship it as one package and that would save alot of money.

tomangleberger: I have thought about doing the iron on thing but they dont last very long and I want a quality shirt that will last me until it brakes.  My brother has a silk screen set but you can only really do 1 color on those, which is a bummer cause there are either 3 or 4 colors int he picture. plus i find iron ons dont look very good.  

matt_: you got matt hall's school right? could you ask if anybody wants a shirt there, i'm not sure how often people look on these forums.

BTW, I am not looking at making much or any profit of these, maybe a dollar or so per shirt, but I just feel like there just isnt enough diabolo appearel out there.  I only know of 3 kind of diabolo shirts that have been made.  The MFP one, the one matt hall gave to antonin witht he diabolo around the neck, and an iron on one someone from this forum made(there is a thread for it somewhere).  I am just doing this for fun and because i love diaboloing.

CM

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 10:34:19 pm »
Hey I'll buy one I've been looking for a diabolo shirt for awhile. Anyway how soon could have have one done and shipped to Cleveland?
YO!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 11:03:18 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
we could open up a diabolo.ca store or something :p
That is an awesome idea, there's gotta be so much stuff that people could sell like t-shirt, handsticks, modified axles etc.  Could be an interestin avenue...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Punkerpanda

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 11:03:21 pm »
CM: i was going to wait until sunday to give people a chance who dont log on every day or who want to think about it.  Until they are done might be a week and as soon as i get them i will ship them. so possibly 2-3 weeks.
Shipping inside the US shouldn't be that much.  

Oh yeah, if you want one, tell me what size you want it in. American sizes please.

I think the transactions will be done over paypal, that might be the easiest and safest.

If you have any questions, ask away, i will try to answer them the best i can.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 11:09:49 pm »
Quote from: Punkerpanda
Oh yeah, if you want one, tell me what size you want it in. American sizes please.

what are they? XL, XXL, XXXL and XXXXL?  :lol:
Sorry, couldnt resist. I'd like one but i have no money, feel free to bring one to WJF if you attend (or give it to someone to sell it to me).

Punkerpanda

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 11:20:30 pm »
the sad thing is...those sizes actually exist.

the sizes are:
youth:
YXS YS YM YL YXL

adult sizes:
S M L XL

plus sizes:(hopefully nobody will need these)
XXL XXXL XXXXL

i wish i could make them cheaper but unless i get over 30 orders, only then are the shirts 15 dollars.  i'm hoping of getting 15 orders( i have 7 so far, but another possible 2).  at 15 shirts the order will be about 21 dollars each.  I know it's expensive, but i think it will be worth it

Punkerpanda

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 12:11:34 am »
Ok, there were some complications and i talked to my parents.

They are afraid to loan such a large amount of money(between 200-300 dollars possibly) without any insurance.  This comes from experience, cause i ordered some diabolos for some "friends" a while back and they never payed me back. I lost about 100 dollars. Sadly I was too shy back then to make them pay me. Anyway.

Here is my proposal on how to do this, to ensure everybody who pays gets a shirt and that i get payed and dont loose money).

I will set a due date, next sunday or something like that(undecided yet).

By then I would require you to have payed via paypal.  I know that is asking alot of you in terms of trust, but I assure you I would never screw anybody over. Plus, you will have the paypal info and i'm sure Sean can get my ip and track me down.

If all the money is in by the set date, I will place the order.

I think this is the best way to do it to ensure I can place the order without having to worry about getting the money afterwards etc.

If anybody else has any suggestions I would gladly concider them.
Again, sorry this is such a mess

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 01:53:48 am »
matt_: you got matt hall's school right? could you ask if anybody wants a shirt there, i'm not sure how often people look on these forums.

i did, but i graduated ;) talk to dracodragon he still goes there.

anyway, im still definitely down. i can paypal you the money whenever. as long as you're sure this is gonna happen ;)