Author Topic: Diabolo shirt done and for sale  (Read 9399 times)

Punkerpanda

Diabolo shirt done and for sale
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 02:23:21 am »
i want to get the price down to around 25 per shirt(without shipping sadly), for that i need at least 10 people. it goes down about a dollar per person.

but yeah, as long as i get the money you will get your product.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 04:01:19 pm »
i would really love one of those shirts but i dont have the funds.
you could put some bigger high quality pics up so we could make our own iron on ones maybe.  

oh yeah, spooned:every time i look at your avatar picture i think"what the hell is that a picture of?" please enlighten me. What the hell is that a picture of?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Spooned

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 04:15:46 pm »
Quote from: Pete
oh yeah, spooned:every time i look at your avatar picture i think"what the hell is that a picture of?" please enlighten me. What the hell is that a picture of?

Tis a single sprinkler, on a reasonable exposure lol  :D
Diabolo or Diablo

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:09 am »
Quote from: Pete

you could put some bigger high quality pics up so we could make our own iron on ones maybe.  

that kind of kills the point of A. this being a high quality shirt (im hoping) and B. making it supportable for the rest of us.

ask your friends, ask your parents. the more people that do this, the better it is for everyone else!

i mean, someone who is an entrepeneur could, say, buy $1000 worth of shirts from punkerpanda and then start distribution through diabolo.ca or in his own local area. let's say the t shirts are $10 each (example). someone pays punkerpanda $1100 for all the shirts. he barely makes any profit (because of shipping) but just a little, like he said. then the person who got all the shirts sells them for 15+ shipping. that's 400 dollar profit...and it spreads diabolo clothing...

oh what am i doing, i'm talking out of my ass.

i have a job, i dont know about you guys, $25 is steep for a shirt but since it's diabolo, i justify it ;)

Punkerpanda

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 02:47:21 am »
the pictures are the highest quality i can get them in(jpg version at least). whenever i saved i did the maximum possible.

I wish making shirts like that wasnt so expensive, next week i will see if i can find a store here in east lansing and see what kind of deal i can get there.

Martijn

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2005, 02:36:22 pm »
I'm sorry, but I don't like that blue colour at all...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Punkerpanda

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2005, 07:58:51 pm »
well, the blue color is not set in stone. It is possible to make it any color, even white(which was the original design, I will host some pics when i get home from fencing. I must say that the more i look at the blue design, i must say i'm not that fond of it either. Maybe a lighter blue. Lemme play around with colors a bit and i will post several ideas.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2005, 08:45:58 pm »
well, my suggestion is a semi-dark grey color with black background. that'd be really awesome.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2005, 08:47:11 pm »
alright. sorry it has been taking so long, i've been really busy.

My final solution is this. Over the weekend, I will make the final design. it will be the grey on black, with the back.
Then i will host it on www.zazzle.com and whoever wishes to purchase one, may do so. I think the cost will be like $20 per shirt. I know it's hefty, but it is very difficult to get it underneath that.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 10:02:39 pm »
For the back, I just had an idea. I could just do the tower and dont put any text. that might look better. What do you guys think?

Rîkû

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 10:23:11 pm »
I want that... But I can´t have that because I live in Finland and it pays about  40 euros if I sell that...  :cry:

fadge

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 03:42:14 pm »
yeah i think it would look better without the writing on the back.also with the pic on the front, which is soooo sweet,but, it is a lil hard to see what hes doing with the other stick, i was a bit confused for awhile.lol very nice tho. have u got any pics of it with the black and grey? that would look best i think

Punkerpanda

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 05:22:06 pm »
The first 2 pictures with the "white" background are actually a transparent background. This means, when it gets printed there will not be an ugly box around the picture. The last 2 are with a black background to give you a better image of what it will look like.
then the very last one is the back one with the text for comparison.

by the first picture, i'm not sure why there is the red stuff, but once you click ont he link it's gone.

front

back

black front

black back

black back with text

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 08:40:57 pm »
what are you making this in?

if its not adobe illustrator i suggest next time you make one you do it in illustrator ive made a whole bunch of shirts at my school because we have a few silkscreen presses and the they come out way better if you do them in illustrator.. it makes a much cleaner image … photo shop or any other non vector program is completely useless when it comes to good quality shirts

yeah anyway it’s a cool designee one suggestion I have.. ut its prob to late is include the rest of the legs because I think it would look rough just cut right there.. also idk it that’s you in the pic or what but id like it more if the face was just the gray color or something w/o the detail because that’s prob not going to come out to well on the shirts you could to the same w/ the hand and hair but they don’t have as much..

ok yeah that was long heh

Punkerpanda

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005, 09:34:40 pm »
that's bertrand int he picture. the most i can do with 3 diabolos is look at them.
sadly the picture did not include more of his legs or else of course i would have included that.
adobe illustrator? hmm, i will have to check it out. I'm using adobe photoshop. This is my first time making a shirt, so i dont know how the quality of this is.
I was thinking of removing his glasses, but when i did it, it didnt look very good. Thanks for the input though, i will try to work on it some more.