Author Topic: sprinklers/hyperloops/tourbillon  (Read 24477 times)

seán_

sprinklers/hyperloops/tourbillon
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »
Quote from: barnesy

edit - Where is it in 'Two Hot to Handle' by the way?  Just had a quick look, but didn't see it.

I think you'll find it in 'totallydiabolical' p 53 1996 edition.

Since Barnsey and Matt_H were around for the invention and development of this trick I have to say that adds some weight to their argument (and we have argued havent we Matt_H? ;) )

I have copied this from an answerI gave in the yahoo groups
Donald Grant ( I believe) started of by doing a stopover/ trapeze on
the left stick.

Then he sent the second diabolo around so it joined the first in the
loop formed by the stopover.

This gives you two diabolos shuffling in a triangle formed around the
left stick. a nice trick in its own right and the one seen in one of
his books. (and I would recomend this method to somebody trying to
learn the sprinkler and sprinkler suicide out as it is an easier
progression than just going for it imho).

This trick was then tried in one move.

On occaisions the stopover would be missed (or the string would slip
off) and you have the hyperloop/sprinkler most diabolists today would
recognise.

This was how a lot of the early tricks were developed, a mix between
'can I do this one diabolo trick with two?' and 'what happens if I add
this move to that one?'

I'm plumping for hyperloop stopover and hyperloop at the moment.  although I will answer to sprinkler, tourbillon or 'that trick where they go over and over'

(Nb not sure if I believe its an easier progression than just going for it but I believe that the method of developing tricks step by step is an important one)

Seán

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 03:37:57 PM »
Quote from: seán_

edit - Where is it in 'Two Hot to Handle' by the way?  Just had a quick look, but didn't see it.

I think you'll find it in 'totallydiabolical' p 53 1996 edition.

Ah!   Right. I'll stop looking for it in Two Hot to Handle then!

Quote from: seán_

Since Barnsey and Matt_H were around for the invention and development of this trick I have to say that adds some weight to their argument (and we have argued havent we Matt_H? ;) )

I'm not sure when it was invented, but I can't claim any credit for it!

Matt_H

hyperloop
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 05:08:42 PM »
Yeagh i can't take any credit for the trick either, its just at one convention in the dark past i heard Donald Grant on about his new trick the hyperloop.

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
Re: hyperloop
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 11:57:44 AM »

I'm not sure when it was invented, but I can't claim any credit for it!

Quote from: Matt_H
Yeagh i can't take any credit for the trick either, its just at one convention in the dark past i heard Donald Grant on about his new trick the hyperloop.

Look in the credits at the back of Totally Diabolical 8)

Until the book came out I called the stick in the triangle trick a "shuffle over" cos' it's a shuffle in a stop over, we (me and andy p/maybe others) had discovered hyperloop/sprinkler variations by that time also we just didn't give them a name.
I'd have to say that "hyperloop" would be the right name for any trick where the string LOOPS around both diabolos.

j0hn

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »
my apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but as a relative beginner on 2d i'm having a wee bit of trouble with the old hyperloop.

i'm doing the usual left front-wrap, the easiest, and usually have no trouble getting into the sprinkler (i turn to face it a bit, i find it very difficult to do it in the ulta-casual way that baptiste does on diabology!) and generally i can unwrap it ok, or suicide out.

the problem is... out of the hundreds of times i've managed this, i've only been able to get back into the shuffle a small handful of times! i find once the strings have been unwrapped, the diabolos are very close together and are almost static, which makes going into the shuffle very difficult. i've watched a few videos and it all looks so fluent, but when i try i can't seem to keep the pattern resuming. maybe i'm unwrapping at the wrong time?

any help would be great!  thanks.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 02:34:42 PM »
Sounds like you just need to get the diaboos spinning faster.   More spin=longer hyperloops.    The other thing to do is not worry about the length of time you hold the trick.  To begin with, try to start the hyperloop then exit after a few revolutions.   When you have both ends sorted out you can then work on keeping it running for longer.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 02:35:42 PM »
the hyperloop need a lot of speed :)then  the unwraping become realy easier because with a lot of speed it's more easier to keep the shuffle :)

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 02:39:50 PM »
Quote from: j0hn
i find once the strings have been unwrapped, the diabolos are very close together and are almost static, which makes going into the shuffle very difficult.

I was suffering from this exact same problem 2 months ago.

Then I realized I was having more success with a sun>>hyperloop combo, than when i did just the hyperloop.

Now I find that if I start my hyperloop by throwing a diabolo high, then let it become the lead diabolo to start the hyperloop, that when I go to unwrap they are better spaced. My success ratio has improved drastically. I think some call this an impetus start.

Good luck...

TimEllis

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2006, 06:43:25 AM »
Just a thought.  Could you put a regular suicide together with the suicide coming out of a sprinkler?  Haven't ever seen that done.  The stick might fly around twice?  It would be going very fast too.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2006, 09:21:29 AM »
It has been done (I first saw it done by trash- but I'm sure it was done before I saw it) and it isn't that hard you just need a bit of speed.
Behind your back is your front.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
Quote from: The Ska Boss
Just a thought.  Could you put a regular suicide together with the suicide coming out of a sprinkler?  Haven't ever seen that done.  The stick might fly around twice?  It would be going very fast too.

almost the same as the hypersuicide ;)
you could also triple it, i did it once but stopped doing this trick coz it hurts like hell, the stick is so fast after three rotations :P

fredo

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 02:24:21 PM »
I think you can see Antonin doing it standing over eric on sthe stairs (Does a sprinkler, lrleases the sticks, one suicide movement and the final sprinkler sucide release (and another one so that the diabolos fall down to Eric)) in the Unreleased video of Diabology.

TimEllis

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »
Hypersuicide?  Never heard of it.  Sounds cool though!  Please, explain.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »
http://2diabolo.net/?page=54
the video at the bottom of the page

Jester

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 01:01:45 AM »
its possible to suiceide one stick while doing a hyperloop and catch while keeping the hyperloop going

that what i call a hypercide

not that i want to get into any naming battles or anything  :P
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

Scooby

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »
After failing and failing every attempt at Doing a Sprinkler,
I heeded Matt halls words of advice and Now i can Do them!!

i was just wondering if anyone else knows about the Vortex out of the sprinkler..

I found this out when teaching myself how to exit .

When Normally you unwrap them both..   you just unwrap one,   leaving the other one wrapped,  so then you unwrapp that one and swing it underneath the other diabolo and then backwrapp it  then put it back into a regular shuffle.

has this already been done?
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »
Quote from: Scooby
i was just wondering if anyone else knows about the Vortex out of the sprinkler... has this already been done?

Most definitely. :) Check out a double version ("stop the sprinkler") on Priam's website for example.

I'm sure everyone is wondering: what key words of advice from Matt Hall helped you?

Scooby

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2006, 05:24:50 PM »
well it was mostly just the way he can point out exactly what i was doing wrong then help me fix it.

There are two main ways of getting into a sprinkler

pretend your doing a stopover, only with two.   (and because we both have red and white henrys)    lead the red one underneath the white one to start that.

or

just wrap the string of the left stick around both of the diabolos when they have a fair amount of speed.

I try to use a combonation of both..    if you put it the frame of mind that your trying to do both of the tricks at once, It works

Did i get that right Sensei?

ah,   why did Priam have to make a vortex sprinkler exit before me..   Fun Ruiner.   :lol:  :lol:

frank0072

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2006, 06:04:08 PM »
Quote from: Scooby
After failing and failing every attempt at Doing a Sprinkler,
I heeded Matt halls words of advice and Now i can Do them!!

i was just wondering if anyone else knows about the Vortex out of the sprinkler..

I found this out when teaching myself how to exit .

When Normally you unwrap them both..   you just unwrap one,   leaving the other one wrapped,  so then you unwrapp that one and swing it underneath the other diabolo and then backwrapp it  then put it back into a regular shuffle.

has this already been done?

did you do the vortex before the sprinkler? I still can't get a vortex but I do a double sprinkler suicide out (or normal exit ofcourse)
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Scooby

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »
well i didnt but ill see if i can work somthing out with it.

are you talking about  

Reglar Votex  straight into sprinkler   Vortex out  ??

but i cant diabolo right now..   2:54am    dad will stab me if i do..

meh.

im entertaining myself by making Oragami Crains untill the morning comes.
There so Much Fun!  Woo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal