Author Topic: Niels, 10 year old Belgian  (Read 40298 times)

martijn

Niels, 10 year old Belgian
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2005, 11:36:57 AM »
Yes, he says on his website that Baptiste and Trash helped him a lot in Ypres. And if I'm not mistaken, he has a synch shuffle :wink:

Arjan

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2005, 11:55:31 AM »
Yeah he runs synchronised. Almost a little like trash does.

martijn

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2005, 12:00:16 PM »
Yeah, he's a little Trash :P  :lol:

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 01:12:48 AM »
Seán, I´m agree with you, just wait at girls :twisted: , just kidding, this boy is incredible, he master the trick in few time...mmm I think it seems t be hard to people like trash and baptiste taught to a kid, maybe they can´t explain with totally freedom :wink: .
What´s the trick of 1:40? the trick which Priam used to do. I see they jump in mini-colums and then with the right hand they make something, make envolve circles around the diabolo perhaps? (I don´t know if "perhaps" must be first or at the final... :oops: )
thanks for your help men....men? suddenly ring to me a question, why there isn´t any woman in this forum? (I don´t met anyone)whay we don´t see advanced diabolist women? it´s truth that there are few girls in that but...we know there are so few... :?
bye!
Rooted diabolist.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 11:14:35 AM »
Cerri-Anne is a member of this forum, there may be more that i am not aware of their gender. Lena Kohn has (and has had for ages) a great 3 low and high with tricks, hundreds of literally amazing 2 diabolo tricks, and more, she rocks.
in Ieper there were a suprising amount of girls having a go (and succeeding) at 3 low, they are few and far between at the moment, but they are coming, in force.

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2005, 12:48:14 PM »
Hmm.. I certainly do not consider myself a good diaboloist/diabolist/how you call it.. but I am a girl.. so, erm, Hi! :roll:  :)

It's true that there don't seem to be many girls into diabolo, or, well, not into it at a high level.. I don't know why. My friends don't do diabolo either.. that sucks, I don't have anyone around to practice with :?

Quote from: norbi
in Ieper there were a suprising amount of girls having a go (and succeeding) at 3 low

Yes, I've seen those girls too: amazing!! :shock:  :D

Arjan

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2005, 02:09:32 PM »
Yeah, I`m glad some girls are into it. Some girls are even better than other guy`s. Galou or something has a I believe solid three low. She was in Ypres to. Going along with Dai, Martin, Ti-Tom and others.
But, back to the subject, Niels will be very good when he`s getting older, and defenitly hook up with girls  :wink:

trash

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2005, 03:06:57 PM »
Congratulations Niels! You really can learn quickly. I never saw that.
Try to work asynchronous shuffle now, because it's useful and very easy when you can do synchronous.

That's sure that girls will not let you quiet soon  :wink:

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2005, 05:42:34 PM »
Quote from: trash
very easy when you can do synchronous.

Really? So why don't you do async now?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2005, 09:15:34 PM »

Just because it's easy to learn (once you can do synch) doesn't mean you have to do it all the time.

It would be like saying if you can do 2 diabolo asynch why don't you do it? Well, because there are many advantages to using a synch style and people get more comfortable with doing tricks or corrections with one or the other.

Regardless, I think Trash is pointing out that it is useful to learn all techniques. For example, Trash switches to asynch before he transitions to 3 high because (I think) he finds it easier than the synch transition.

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
hi
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2005, 09:49:49 PM »
Hi Ceri-Anne! ok, now I´ve just met one woman in this forum :lol: I´m sure you´re a great diabolist, it´s a pity that there many more(well, norbi could say one or two more :wink: )   Ouch, tomorrow I must go back to uni! damn! :cry:
Rooted diabolist.

martijn

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2005, 09:18:13 PM »
Okay, here is an other movie of Niels doing 3 diabs. I still can't believe he does 3 :shock:

I converted it to mpg and hosted it myself:

http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/3diabsniels.mpg

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2005, 09:40:35 PM »
Thanks Martijn.

It's funny how scared I get as I wait for a video of Niels to download not knowing what he's just learned.

His 3 synch pattern is getting slow, open, and relaxed with a heavy emphasis on the right hand. He's learning well. :)

Ed

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2005, 10:08:31 PM »
What That is truly amazing and only 9. He makes it look so easy! :evil:
Does anyone know how long he has been doing the diabolo for?

martijn

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2005, 11:34:38 AM »
He started when he was 7, and if I'm not mistaken, he's 10 years old now.

his Dutch website: www.diaboloniels.info

Purplegirl

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2005, 01:03:45 PM »
Although there are a few girls at the club I go to who can do your basic diabolo stuff, I'm the only one seriously aiming to master the finer art of it :)

Those vids of Niels are awesome and serve to remind me that I should have got into this years ago!!!

Twilite

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »
I'm still downloading (slowly), but from what I've heard, I will be blown away.

I'm only 17 and everything I start to take seriously (this, mountainbiking, programming) I end up wishing I started about 5 years earlier.
When I have kids, I'm going to beat them into doing things from the age of about three  :twisted:

EDIT: Just got done watching the videos. WOW. Crazy stuff. Looks even more impressive with such a young kid doing it too.
I know why hes so good though... he's allowed to diabolo in the house, I'm not  :^o
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2005, 03:43:26 AM »
Quote from: Sean

Just because it's easy to learn (once you can do synch) doesn't mean you have to do it all the time.

but if somebody can change sync to async, why he dont do it!? it is trick itself - trick that i have never seen (but tried)

Joe

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2005, 05:43:40 PM »
9 years old im 12 and i can only do the 2 diabolo shuffle im ashamed of myself :(  :cry:
Fire is fun

jelen

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2005, 08:53:34 PM »
WOW :shock: !!! this kid is incredible!! and he learns fast too!! I'm with sean I think we should break his sticks, jus kidding!!! I hope I see him on the european, maybe he will be able of doing 5 diabolos, who knows?

It's true we're  very few girls, or the level is not as good as the you guys... but wait... it will be the women revenge, hahaha. Now seriously, why do you think there are so few girls that do diabolo?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal