Author Topic: Thank you diabolo.ca  (Read 8455 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« on: September 18, 2005, 06:04:28 PM »
I have made a video of some of my newer tricks (mainly two diabolo) but I want to dedicate this video to diabolo.ca and to Sean for making diabolo.ca.  This site has helped me a lot so yeah....

http://www.jugglethis.net/comment.php?type=filemgmt&cid=274

(also I noticed my shuffle is slightly asynch?  is that normally how it's suppose to be for 2 diabolo?  Will 3 asynch be easier or synch for 3 because I normally do asynch now?)

J_J777

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 06:20:31 PM »
Pretty cool 8)  I'm just learning fans and ani-suicides now that will help a lot.
Behind your back is your front.

fildas

Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:49 PM »
how old are you?
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 07:11:21 PM »
everytime i post a video someone always asks that question....  (I've posted two movies)  I'm 14.... yes I'm short but that isn't a bad thing :D

Spooned

Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 08:04:43 PM »
Nice dude, and a great idea too. If you have the time could you post a qucik tutorial for the thrick at 1:50 - 1:58, called swinging, i belive i posted a while back on it  :( . Ive been trying for sooo long with no success.
Diabolo or Diablo

Arjan

Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 08:19:45 PM »
I like that last before and after shot.
Creates the illusion that everyone who will join this forum will be very very good with diabolo in a month or so... Happy that is just an illusion.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 09:11:13 PM »
Arjan I did diabolo for about a month before I joined i could do trapzee and a few simple knots but three months later I'm as good as I am now.  so I've only been diaboloing for 4 months maybe a tiny bit more but yeah...

Spooned, swinging requires SPEED like if you think it's going fast, speed it up more.  then do a stick stall and put the other stick in the middle and swing the diabolo on the right over like you're paddling a kayak.  (for those that can use a bo staff, it's like swinging it around and around.)

J_J777

tomangleberger

• Donator
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 02:06:47 AM »
Quote from: J_J777
three months later ...

3 months? Man, I've been practicing like a madman since I joined three months ago and you've got me licked in every department!
You're awesome!

I_Ko

Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 07:19:24 PM »
I cannot say anything but really nice work! I really like the video both because i also have a great use of diabolo.ca, and because I am about the same level as you, and therefore there is alot to learn from the video atm! I really like it! Good work!

(Say to Matt that he should make some 'single' video to) :)

Have fun!

Morten Ydefeldt

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 07:58:39 PM »
I'll say this for "matt"  It's MattHEW not matt.  and i'll tell him.

Mithew

Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 12:07:49 AM »
thx J_J777, by the way, you said in your swinging instructions "put the other stick in the middle and swing the diabolo on the right over like you're paddling a kayak", i find that also, for swinging, you should start by carefully moving only one diabolo at a time (slowly), and always moving them in a straight line, if you break down the movements, it's a lot easier
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 02:49:12 AM »
yeah and you can do more rotations the cleaner it is because if the string isn't hitting the sides then you lose less spin.

I_Ko

Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 10:23:45 AM »
HeHe i know "Dont call me Matt" :)

Sean

• Administrator
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 06:42:36 PM »
Thanks for the big up, J_J777. It's great to know that people are benefiting from the diabolo forum.

I never envisioned it getting as big as it has. The forum has become the friendly resource that it is thanks to its many generous users and moderators. Keep it up everyone!

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Thank you diabolo.ca
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 08:19:19 PM »
THat was great, you seem to have progressed really quick. It took me a year to learn 2 diabolos, but i had absolutely no decent help, and i didn't have diabolo.ca so that just shows how useful it is. Thanks sean for making this site it is so useful. :D  :D  :D
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal