Author Topic: MattF, seán_ and Matt_H Diabolo Video  (Read 16526 times)

MattF

MattF, seán_ and Matt_H Diabolo Video
« on: November 27, 2004, 08:29:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

Here is a video of me (MattF), seán_ and Matt_H. The video was shot at the 2 diabolo clubs we go to in Leeds. Hope you guys enjoy it, let us know what you think. Theres probably going to be more videos in the near future.

Incase you want to put a name to a face;

MattF - guy with short dark brown hair and black top / red t-shirt later in the video
seán_ - guy with skin head, and shorts
Matt_H - guy with long brown hair in pony tail

Enjoy!!!

MattF

It's too big to stream, so please right click on the link below,
Right click this link and chose 'save target as'

Barnesy mirror
"Diabolo Video Net"
Thanks for hosting Barnesy

[Edit by Sean: Here's a mirror on my server]
Right click this link and chose 'save target as'

seán_

Re: MattF, seán_ and Matt_H Diabolo Video
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:30:21 PM »
Quote from: MattF

seán_ - guy with skin head, and shorts

Not in a Nazi way I assure you. (better than 'the one loosing his hair' though ;) )

diabololi

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 09:35:34 PM »
Hey, nice video! There's some simple tricks there that inspired me!
Plus, it gave me an idea for a crazy trick:

Infinite suicide with 2 diabolos! Put it in a sprinkler, do a suicide out and wrap it again before it comes out of the sprinkler. And obviousely repeat.
Do any of you think it's at all possible becuase its way beyond my ability!

Oli

seán_

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 09:42:28 PM »
Quote from: diabololi
Hey, nice video! There's some simple tricks there that inspired me!
Plus, it gave me an idea for a crazy trick:

Infinite suicide with 2 diabolos! Put it in a sprinkler, do a suicide out and wrap it again before it comes out of the sprinkler. And obviousely repeat.
Do any of you think it's at all possible becuase its way beyond my ability!

Oli

Yes Its possible, thats what I was trying (not trying very hard ;) )  with the red  finesse. I've got it around three times but cant get out of it, Tahia was talking about it with me, his record is 4 or 5 times with a catch. He was talking of using a double hyperloop for this trick.

It comes round really fast I think a right BW entry might be the key to this trick

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 10:22:16 PM »
Nice video!

The infinitive sprinkler suicide is possible, but very very hard. I didn`t figured out jet to use a single or double sprinkler, but in my attempts a single worked fine (3 times around max)

MattF

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 11:16:46 PM »
There's some simple tricks there

I am not sure quite how to take that remark!!!

Mattias

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 12:11:32 AM »
Hmm, the link doesnt work for me.
Oh well, I am sure the video is top class :)
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 12:32:17 AM »
The download stops for me too.  I've tried three times.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 12:38:15 AM »
Real nice stuff on there, well done. Now i know who u are aswell, u were (well two of you) at Durham, not suprising as you live in Leeds  :wink:

Nice to see some of the stuff yer doing, i agree with the inspiration, i had forgotten about some tricks i saw in that vid. Keep it up

seán_

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 02:37:55 AM »
There's some simple tricks there

I am not sure quite how to take that remark!!!

Now Oli, see how Norbi says the same thing but nicer ;)

Quote from: norbi

...Nice to see some of the stuff yer doing, i agree with the inspiration, i had forgotten about some tricks i saw in that vid. Keep it up

I will endeavor to learn some less simple tricks ;) and dig up some more forgotten ones.  (If MattF will have me in his next video)

Quote from: norbi
Real nice stuff on there, well done. Now i know who u are aswell, u were (well two of you) at Durham, not suprising as you live in Leeds  :wink:

Yup, we are pretty well placed in Leeds, two clubs a week and within striking distance of about 10 conventions. There are around 6 of us at the just getting two or better level and plenty of good jugglers (I believe you know Jugglingeek and Tifty) altogether a nice little scene. Nice to meet you in Durham Norbi, hope to see you at another convention soon. I think Chocfest should be overrun with diabolists this time.

Oh and before I forget, thankyou MattF for putting the effort into making the video, many more to come I hope. (nice tune BTW)

Seán_

Sean

• Administrator
Re: MattF, seán_ and Matt_H Diabolo Video
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2004, 06:52:40 AM »
The video was shot at the 2 diabolo clubs we go to in Leeds.

What? You have "diabolo clubs"... and two of them at that!! I am very jealous.

I love the video! Very careful editing, great choice of music, variety in scenery, variety in performers, and lots of tricks that we don't see all the time these days and that many of us have probably forgotten or never seen - congratulations! I look forward to future videos of you guys.

The audio-video synchonization at 1:48 with the "1,2,3" was stunning. It's that sort of thing where you take some great music and see what fits parts of it the best that is often part of great juggling videos. You see that often in another great diabolo video: Two Loose in Toulouse.

Hey MattF, is it just me or is your magic knot around 1:15 missing a bit of "magic"? ;) Regardless, I trust that that setup can work. I'll have to try it out!

The last clip with the 3 diabolos was great! I was watching it the first time thinking: hmmm that MattF guy is messing up seàn_'s perfectly good 2 diabolo shot doing some funky sequence into a magic knot... then it all makes sense... way to play a little "JiBe and Baptiste"! ;)

I mirrored the video here. I thought of compressing it more, but really, I have lots of extra bandwidth to kill for this month after all, so it's no problem. I'll add the link to your post at the top of this message too. I'll leave the video there until we can set up a mirror with seàn_.

Cheers guys! Excellent video!
Sean

diabololi

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2004, 09:33:13 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that and you know it!  :oops:

MattF

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004, 09:59:45 AM »
ok, i have reached my download limit on my site already!!!!!

Please use Sean's mirror that he has very kindly set up.

As part of my university course, i did video editing. Unfortunatley I was pushed for time with this video, so the next one we make will be a lot better quality and more professional.

Thanks you all for your positive feedback on the video.

A couple of people have said some tricks which they had not seen in a while...i was wondering which tricks they were referring to.

The magic knot at 1.15 you can get out of by pulling the sticks apart after catching the sticks. Sometimes the string gets very knotted when you try to pull out, but 95% of the time its fine.

Cheers,
MattF

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 11:00:13 AM »
The magic knot at 1.15 you can get out of by pulling the sticks apart after catching the sticks. Sometimes the string gets very knotted when you try to pull out, but 95% of the time its fine.

Not really a 'magic' knot as such, its more like cats cradle, nothing ever goes around the diabolo so as soon you let the string off the stick it just returns to normal (made sense in my head). Using that tie up method you can do doubles, triples, even quad duicides (yes obviously u can do more, but it goes past cool and into silly if you do more than a triple i think) hey why not even throw a pirouette under it.

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 01:45:45 PM »
That's a great video! There is some wicked stuff in there guys! :D Keep up the good work! :wink:
I really don't understand all those around the body tricks... I want to learn them, but they are difficult I think, thanks to your video I maybe understand them...  :wink: I have to watch it again... and again... and keep trying.. :P

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 04:51:38 PM »
Good video !

:)

And I have a question for Martijn : How old are you ?
Trick of the week : http://diabolumberto.free.fr

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 04:54:10 PM »
I'm 14 years old. :wink:

MattF

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 06:00:04 PM »
wow, thats really nice to get a compliment from diabolumberto. Cheers!!! I didn't realise you were that age Martijn...i though you were older.

Martijn

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2004, 06:06:29 PM »
No? ooh, that's funny :-p I thought you can see in my profile how old I am... but no. If you watch my latest video, you also could guess my age :wink:

.......................... ||..............................
...........................\/..............................

Tom_G

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 06:08:53 PM »
Fantastic video - some of that stuff is amazing! Maybe i should go live in Leeds....sounds like diabolo heaven  :P Great music as well  :D

Martijn's video is also brilliant.... i hate it when younger people beat me at everything  :evil:  :P but seriously.... im jealous....
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal