Author Topic: Taibolo stick mod  (Read 2842 times)

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Taibolo stick mod
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
Okay, so if you ever had Mr. Babache carbon sticks then you would know what I mean when I say the word "problem"
If you do not know what I mean then let me show you some pictures. It starts off with this:

a perfectly normal stick without the Mr. Babache caps, however after a few months this happens:

A part of the end breaks off and you are left with it stuck in the cap, unless you manage to take it out. From now on you are running on borrowed time until this happens:

Now your stick is truly buggered, you can't use it, it's the end.

You see I love Taibolo sticks, they seem good for everything, they're strong, light, good for vertax and integrals, not too short or too long and with then you are able to do "pull the string" tricks unlike with Mr. Babache sticks.  However they have one flaw which is the one reason I use Mr. Babache sticks, and that is is because of the caps, they provide a ledge for when you do any start involving a trapeze, for me that helps me with my 4D start. I know you could probably just buy new sticks but I don't want to put up with it any longer, I have an idea.

My idea is to create a combination of the 2 sticks. I compared the "caps" of the Mr. Babache sticks and the diameter of the Taibolo sticks and I found that it fits until it meats the *thread like this:

My idea is to drill through the "caps" till all of the thread is gone and then just fit it one, maybe using some glue. As you can see here the thread goes all the way through:

So my question to you is, what do you think? I will probably do this over the weekend so if I do it then I will just post the results here.

* when I say thread, I do not mean diabolo string, I mean the spiralling "blades" that go all the way down the caps and on the top part of the sticks.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Taibolo stick mod
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »
actually, I am looking for alternate options for the ends, I would like it to be metal but some plastic tubing seems good enough.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:03:14 PM »
Yeah, unless you drill it perfectly so there is pretty much no gap between the cap and the stick or unless you get ridonculously powerful glue i dont think its going to hold very well.
You would be best looking for some sort of liquidy resin that will expand once it has been left to set so that it doesnt leave any room for the cap to budge.
However your plan of sticking it on has one major flaw, how are you going to change the string if you cant get the cap off?
Some Craic!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
the cap will basically be a cylinder that will align with the end of the stick, i will not need to take it off in order to put string in

Graham Milligan

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
ahh right ok. i thought it was like the barbache ones where you need to unscrew it.
how big is the gap? i would just try out a few different combinations of stuff, like double sided tape and maybe try and find an adhesive/glue online that works specifically for sticking metallic objects to plastic.

hope this helps.
Some Craic!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »
I have a prototype of a plastic tube and it seems to work well

nickbonnes

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
I use Deos carbon sticks, I love the sticks <3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal